Next Generation Driver

NickentGolf

Reaction score
Handicap
I am doing some research and thought the THP readers could offer some insight:

What shafts would everyone recommend Nickent offer as standard upgrades on the next generation drivers?

What are people playing that is new for 2009 that you would recommend?

There will be a standard proprietary shaft, more information on that coming soon, but the main feature of Nickent drivers is how easily you can trade shafts so we like to offer a half dozen or so as a featured upgrade.

Please keep cost in mind. I look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Fubuki for sure.
Graphite Design Aura Red

Im not a Voodoo fan, but I am in the minority. Also the Graphite Design YSQ Tour AD

I really like the Aldila Proto "by you" shafts.

Trying to PM you but don't see how I can.Would love to ask a few questions about your CYG and shaft offerings in your current lineup.

They have their own sub forum for those questions. Nickent does not accept Private Messages. Their inbox filled up too quickly.

Being a female, I do not know first hand. However during the testings that I have witnessed many seem to really like the Motore shaft from Fujikura, the UST V2 shaft that you already have, and the Oban Devotion that you introduced us to at the PGA Show.

They have their own sub forum for those questions. Nickent does not accept Private Messages. Their inbox filled up too quickly.

Thank you

I only have two: the Aldila DVS 65 gram Stiff and the ProForce V2 High Launch 65 gram Stiff.

I have just recently started using the High Launch and really like it. I'll probably play it a few more times then try the other again once more to decide which shaft gets the CYG.

PM Incoming Smalls.

I only have two: the Aldila DVS 65 gram Stiff and the ProForce V2 High Launch 65 gram Stiff.

I have just recently started using the High Launch and really like it. I'll probably play it a few more times then try the other again once more to decide which shaft gets the CYG.
I'd like to try that DVS sometime Smalls, maybe you should put the CYG on it first though.haha

I would say the Voodoo or Fubuki.

I'd agree with a lot of what's been mentioned already:

Graphite Design Aura line
Graphite Design YSQ Tour AD
Fujikura Motore F1 (or Rombax line)

Also, maybe these?

Oban Revenge (from the PGA show pictures)
Mitsubishi Fubuki or Diamana lines

Lets keep these ideas coming guys

DVS
YS-Q

Although the V2 and V2 HL that you already tend to offer are actually mighty good shafts for a mighty good price, so I wouldn't let them just fall by the wayside.

Diamana would be my suggestion.

The "in-vogue" shafts as far as i am aware and know about are:

- Oban shafts (revenge and devotion)
- Fujikura Motore F1 & Rombax z
- Aldila Voodoo
- Matrix shafts

On a more personal note, i have fallen in love with my graman UL440 shaft. This is a shaft that is no longer made, but Graman could be a company worth working with...the results always seem to be impressive from internet forum posts i have found and the prices are normally very cheap!

The graphite design "aura" line seems to fill this category too - Cheap and works well

Mitsubishi has some pretty nice shaft offerings, so does Nippon (I've never had the chance to swing a Nippon graphite shaft though, but I'm in love with their steel shafts)

Whatever you do, DO NOT offer the AeroTech shafts, yuck. I'd rather have a dowel rod for a shaft.

I'm currently playing a Graphite Designs YSQ Tour AD, and love it.

I looked hard at the Graffaloy Pro Launch red and blue offerings as well when I was shopping, both had their pros and cons. I will say that I did like hitting the Pro Launch Blue better than I liked my UST V2 High Launch. Not quite as noodly for the same swing speed.

I would like to see them using some of the newer ust shafts.
Axiv Core Red and Blue
Graphite Design YSQ and the YSQ-ST
Graphite Design Aura lines
VS Proto "Buy You"
Graffaloy Pro Launch Red and Blue
and higher cost options
Motore
Fubuki
Diamana Red Blue and White
VooDoo
Grafalloy Epic
Fujikura Rombax line