Best BFTB Cart Bag

bama

Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 8.9
I currently have a Datrek Vibe Stand Bag and use it to death as a stand/cart bag.

JB makes a good point about the usefulness of a stand and cart bag.
There are many places I go (RTJ Trail for instance) that, while not requiring a golf cart, the friends I play with do...
Besides, I think I have my clubs set for this season, so I need to look somewhere else to spend my $$$..

Can someone recommend a good, bang for the buck, 14 divider Cart Bag???

thanks
bama

TGW has a nice looking Adidas bag at $79.88 right now, if you like red:

Adidas Rival Cart Bag

tmag_rival_cart_brand.jpg

Also found a nice Nike bag at TGW for $84.88:

Nike Slingshot OSS Cart Bag

Nike-Slingshot-OSS-Cart-Bag.jpg

And of course, if you can find any form of Bag Boy Revolver or Bennington Quiet Organizer at a price you like, they both seem to be extremely nice cart bags.

I just gotta ask. BFTB? I'm thinking best for the buck but you already said Best. Unless it's like an Automated Teller Machine Machine (ATM Machine!)

I believe it stands for "Bang for the Buck".

EDIT: Never mind, got it!

Sun Mountain C-130. I have one and it all the bag I need. Plenty of storage and it fits nicley on a riding cart or a pull cart.

OGIO makes some great ones. Bag Boy Revolver is the best I have used

OGIO makes some great ones. Bag Boy Revolver is the best I have used

I took a look at all Bag Boy, OGIO, Sun Mountain and Datrek offerings..
That Revolver/Revolver Pro is such a cool concept.
And from the few reviews I have read, it is very functional and not gimmicky...

Is the price difference between the PRO and regular revolver worth it?

also..I see NXO when looking at Bagboy Revolver Bags..
Was that a previous name?? Did Bagboy buy them out??

Bag Boy owns them IIRC.

The Revolver Pro is an OUTSTANDING Bag. I reviewed it, and some of the differences are simply great. Such as the putter wells. However if you can find the regular Revolver on clearance or something I say go with that. If they are close in price go with the Pro series.

Bag Boy owns them IIRC.

The Revolver Pro is an OUTSTANDING Bag. I reviewed it, and some of the differences are simply great. Such as the putter wells. However if you can find the regular Revolver on clearance or something I say go with that. If they are close in price go with the Pro series.

I'm going to go with either one next spring The Tour Edges are starting to show some very slight dings already and I'm taking real good care of them.

Sun Mountain SCB is a good one if you think you may ever get a push cart. Regular cart bags are setup kind of backwards with the angle of the top if you use it on a push cart.

http://www.sunmountain.com/default.php?cPath=3469_3475_3399

I have this bag and love it. I use my push cart 90% of the time but when I don't I'm on a riding cart and this works great on those as well. Even more, when I go to the range and don't want to strap onto the cart the SCB stands up on it's own quite nicely and it's not a huge bulky bag to carry as far as the driving range either. I love mine!

once again seriously looking at Cart Bags....
Saw a Revolver PRO (2009) for $169 shipped
Trying to decide if anything is betterthan that out there right now....

Better? I have not found one. Our readers thought so too with them winning the THP Award.

There are a lot of different ones out there right now as well. OGIO has some great cart bags available.

once again seriously looking at Cart Bags....
Saw a Revolver PRO (2009) for $169 shipped
Trying to decide if anything is betterthan that out there right now....

That sounds like a smokin' deal, I paid more for last years model a couple of months ago.

In that category, I like the looks and features of either the Revolver Pro or one of the Bennington Organizers. Both have a great system for handling the clubs.

BagBoy Revolver

BagBoy Revolver

BagBoy revolver is the best one I have used.

I am in the market for a new bag and I saw this thread and wanted to bump it up and ask if anything has changed in the thinking here. My plan is you walk more than I currently do (I will shortly purchase a clicgear push cart ) but I presently ride 85-90% of the time. The thing I want most is full length dividers for the clubs. I thought I got it on my last bag only to find they were just at the top and while the top is divided into 14 "holes" I am forever having difficulty putting clubs back as they tangle and anger me ( not good especially after a bad shot :at-wits-end: ) These are the 4 bags I am considering, any opinions are appreciated, as well as others I should consider.

Bagboy Revolver/Revolver Pro
Sun Mountain C-130
OGIO Syncro Cart Hybrid
Bennington Quiet Organizer 12

I am not sure about the effectiveness of these on a push cart, I am sure all will be fine when I ride.

If weight is no issue, the Revolver Pro is awesome. I use an OGIO that has everything you are looking for as well. It also has great style in a black plaid. Here is a picture of a similar look to mine. Mine is from last years series.

OGIO - OGIO Kingpin Golf Bag

I saw that one JB but thout it might be too big for a clicgear push cart. Same with the revolver. Am i incorrect?

When I had the Revolver it fit on the Clic Gear for me. It is heavier though (Revolver)

I have the Sun Mountain SCB Delux with V2 cart. Great bag and cart.

When I had the Revolver it fit on the Clic Gear for me. It is heavier though (Revolver)

It should fit no problem, I put my Revolver on a POS pull cart. It fit fine but was like dragging a boat anchor. I only did it once.

Resurrecting this thread....
Really looking at all the offerings....
A couple of main things I like are 14 full length dividers and a possible putter well/clip on the outside...

Not sure if I am going to go the Revolver route due to weight and cost, but am still looking...

stay tuned for the choices....

Back