Freakonomics Golf Experience

Those are some great tips! I will be using a few of those!

Hey all. First post on THP. Traveled down to the Freakonomics Golf Experience with Migs and had a great time. Met some other great THP guys and decided I needed to join! So, did anyone find that Pat's tips helped with their Practice Zone activity? I found it difficult without some visual instruction and ended up practicing the shots the way I usually hit them. Probably didn't help the data too much!

Hey Lama, I don't know if I met you, but I crossed paths with Migs several times. Unfortunately for me, short putts was my practice zone and I consider myself to be a pretty decent putter. I would have rather had bunker shots or chips and pitches as my practice zone but I guess it wasn't meant to be.

I completely blew my practice zone. I was awesome on the first test and awful on the retest. Hehe...take that science!

I had the same experience. Scored 12/15 on my initial trouble shots on Friday. Practiced the trouble shots on Saturday and then on Sunday the first thing I did when I got there was head over to warm up on my trouble shots. However the guy was already there administering the test and when I took the test cold I only scored 1/15! Crunch those numbers Steve!

I completely blew my practice zone. I was awesome on the first test and awful on the retest. Hehe...take that science!

Hey all. First post on THP. Traveled down to the Freakonomics Golf Experience with Migs and had a great time. Met some other great THP guys and decided I needed to join! So, did anyone find that Pat's tips helped with their Practice Zone activity? I found it difficult without some visual instruction and ended up practicing the shots the way I usually hit them. Probably didn't help the data too much!

Welcome to the forum Lama!

Welcome to THP, what an awesome way to have found out about the website. Looking forward to getting to know you here on the forums.

yzura8at.jpg

I just got my "Most Improved Player" award today! Sweet.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

e4ybujer.jpg

Second image was supposed to be the note from Steve Levitt.
Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for all the updates and videos guys. great stuff!

Does anyone remember the specifics of the putting evaluation? I'd like to do it periodically to see if I'm improving.

Lee, the putting evaluation was a series of putts from ranges of 3' up to 60'. Two putts of equal distance on opposite sides of the hole. the firs was 2x 3' then 2x 5', the next hole was 4' and 8' I believe. Then after that it jumped to like 8' and 12', then 15' and 20' and I don't remember after that. I think there were a couple at 30, 45 and 60 to close out. You putted until you holed out then divided the number of strokes by the number of holes you putted to get your average. I averaged 1.9 I think, right at 2 which is what I do during most rounds. I was advised to work on my 20-40 foot putts, LOL.

it was something like
4x3ft
4x5ft
4x8ft
4x12ft
2x16ft
2x20ft
2x24ft
2x30ft
2x40ft
2x50ft
2x60ft

I think it was 30 putts, the short ones were four each, around the hole, the longer ones were two each, there and back. Does that sound about right?
I'm sure if you email erin and ask they will tell you. or wait 18 months and buy the book.

I was told to focus on the 5-20 ft and 24-60 ft ranges.

Is anyone else from THP going to the Chicago event next week? Just got an email today that I am in!

Is anyone else from THP going to the Chicago event next week? Just got an email today that I am in!

I can only speak for myself and say no, we wont be there, however the THP Tour Van will be in IL, at the Illinois THP Tour Van Event this weekend.

I feel like it would be cheating if I drove by and took a photo! Course was in really good shape last week when I was there! You guys will have a ball....

Back