The Slot Machine- THP Preview

Cool, thanks for the info Tim! Very tempted to order one soon.

It takes some getting used to.....you have to start slow and work your way up with swing speed. I plan on added it to my range sessions as the OTT move is one of my issues.

I am not Jake, but since I have one of these things I will answer you....it's a light weight metal.

I got it in the Secret Santa gift exchange, I have only used it once, but it seems to be solid concept.

How does it create tempo and a slow take away?

The material it is made from reminds me of an impact board used to check the lie angles at the golf shops. Here is an up close pic, hopefully it shows it well enough. It is like a hard plastic with a very thin outer layer of metal. It definitely seems like it will hold up quite well.

20121230_153527.jpg

How does it create tempo and a slow take away?

I think it's more of a mental thing Freddie, because it has a line on it that you are supposed to let the club follow on the takeway. Plus if you get too quick with your transition you cant get out of the way fast enough to hit the ball.........at least that's what I have found.

It's really a "muscle memory" device as where you place the ball is just something to make you swing inside to out...and as the video says you hit dead pushes with it....but your body is supposed to retain the feeling of the swing once you put the ball back in the normal spot.

I haven't used it enough yet to pass judgement on it.

Hope that make sense.

Very interesting device and I look forward to hearing alot more about it heading forward.

Thanks for the photo Jake. Looks to be a durable device so that is a plus.

I think it's more of a mental thing Freddie, because it has a line on it that you are supposed to let the club follow on the takeway. Plus if you get too quick with your transition you cant get out of the way fast enough to hit the ball.........at least that's what I have found.

It's really a "muscle memory" device as where you place the ball is just something to make you swing inside to out...and as the video says you hit dead pushes with it....but your body is supposed to retain the feeling of the swing once you put the ball back in the normal spot.

Hope that make sense.

You explained it well, thank you.

Hope that make sense.

I am confused why I would want to buy a training aid that has me practice my swing incorrectly only to hope my body corrects itself. Maybe I am missing something here.

Interesting, look forward to hearing your thoughts P4B.

I am confused why I would want to buy a training aid that has me practice my swing incorrectly only to hope my body corrects itself. Maybe I am missing something here.

Did you watch the video? It's not really swinging incorrectly....the ball is just on a spot in the swing patch that is inside and behind the normal spot, they do that so you focus on swinging on that path.

When you put the ball back into the normal spot, you club still should pass over where the ball was placed with the slot machine....does that help?

Just saw this. Jake, have you had a chance to use this sucker yet?

I'll be interested in the follow up results for this training aid.

Just saw this. Jake, have you had a chance to use this sucker yet?
Sure have buddy. It's a cool training aid for sure and you can definitely get a great idea of there they want you swinging in terms of the path just by addressing the dot on the board and then making contact with your golf ball. It's a little awkward at first, but it doesn't take long to get used to it and I can see with some use there are a lot of benefits to it. You're welcome to check it out sometime if you'd like.

Sure have buddy. It's a cool training aid for sure and you can definitely get a great idea of there they want you swinging in terms of the path just by addressing the dot on the board and then making contact with your golf ball. It's a little awkward at first, but it doesn't take long to get used to it and I can see with some use there are a lot of benefits to it. You're welcome to check it out sometime if you'd like.

Sweet. I will hit you up on that

Neat concept. Wonder if you could just use this concept as a drill at the range without the aid. Could you slide your ball in a couple of inches and then replace to the normal spot? Seem worth the $58 to you guys?

And they make it for leftys.. Hmmm

TapaTalk from the iPhone

I've been working on these exact issues with the instructor I've been going to lately, seems like a great visual aid, the price point is a bit steep for my pocket but I really like the concept behind it!

The price seems a bit steep for what you actually get, but I can see how it would help during practice sessions.

Holly Hanna thats expensive. It looks like a peice of cardboard with markings

I bought one of these, did not pay $90. Maybe $45 if I remember correctly. It is a fairly sturdy piece of material, but not sure if really helps the swing that much.

Holly Hanna thats expensive. It looks like a peice of cardboard with markings

Well, looks like 1/8" Masonite (TM) so it's a little better than cardboard. Don't get it wet!

While this looks like it could be useful I tend to be wary of using a training aid such as this unsupervised. It seems like it could just as easily promote poor swing habits if the user is focuses solely on "passing the test", so to speak.

A year ago I showed my pro this like. His answer was this isn't the answer and would lead to more problems later on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back