Callaway RAZR Fit Xtreme Driver - THP Preview & Review Thread

I am a terrible simulator player but can take the same driver and pound it on the range. It must be a visual thing for me. Ha!

Seeing numbers is never a good thing for me. If I hit one 285, I try to hit hte next one 290. I end up overswinging and it all goes to crap.

I had no idea Woodland was playing with the Xtreme. I thought he was a #XHOT guy. Interesting....

Phil debuted his Xtreme driver today and shot a nice little 60 for his 1st round. 8.1 degree loft, 5g on toe and 3g on heel per Alan Hocknell of Callaway.

Phil debuted his Xtreme driver today and shot a nice little 60 for his 1st round. 8.1 degree loft, 5g on toe and 3g on heel per Alan Hocknell of Callaway.

And he mentioned it like 3x in his post round interview. Cha-ching $$$$$.

I can't wait to get mine.

And he mentioned it like 3x in his post round interview. Cha-ching $$$$$.

I can't wait to get mine.

Yeah he was gushing over it. Sounds like a Callaway commercial.

I love my RFX. It goes straight and long. Best numbers I have ever had on the LM. I have both the Trinity 60 S and I have a B'Asha 5 S. I will need warmer weather to see which I like better long term. The B'Asha is a little longer than stock. :D

Here's a combo that worked really well for me tonight at an outdoor demo event.... 9.5 w/ stiff project X shaft. Mid launch and right down the middle. I switched to the Trinity and too high for me. No Black tie available so kinda bummed out about that.

Phil bagged one of these? I will have to buy one then.

Question- So if I end up going with the RFX, I'm planning on putting my B. Asha in it. I just read the B. Asha has a .350 tip, and the new optifit adapter has a .335? Can this shaft be out in this adapter or will I have to buy a new shaft?

Golfworks sells the tips in both .350 and .335. Just make sure when you get it that it is in fact the right size as they screwed up one of mine in the past.

How much much are they?

25 or 30 bucks IIRC

Phil sure isn't making my decision easy for what driver to go with this year. Dude is BOMBING his 354 yard drive today Wonder if he'll be rocking the #XBOMB Patch tomorrow.

Not sure if its the weight of the club but this club did not feel like it was 45.5in. I normally have choke and least half inch because I find drivers are too long and altery swing path. I did not find that with RFX. I may need to sell some blood to get driver which is saying a lot because I haven't like a Cally driver since the Biggest BB.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Phil is murdering this thing in Phoenix, my lord.

Got to my club builder tonight and getting my B.Asha 5x all tipped up so I can put it through its paces against the Black Tie I am dying to hit.

man if i was in the market for a driver this would be on the list to try

Phil sure isn't making my decision easy for what driver to go with this year. Dude is BOMBING his 354 yard drive today Wonder if he'll be rocking the #XBOMB Patch tomorrow.

Isn't that only foe guys using the XHot ????

Ill be heading out to give the extreme another go in an hour and a half. I have the trinity and blacktie shafts. I think I'll put the trinity in today.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the Trinity

I was able to hit this again today at a demo day. Sadly they didn't have the Black Tie, so I hit it with the Trinity stiff. I love the feel of the driver, it has that muted crushed feeling that is what I associate with Callaway, it sounds so good to. Right now I am leaning towards this over the X Hot, but that very well could change when I get to hit the X Hot Pro, or hit each driver with some stouter shafts.

I was able to hit this again today at a demo day. Sadly they didn't have the Black Tie, so I hit it with the Trinity stiff. I love the feel of the driver, it has that muted crushed feeling that is what I associate with Callaway, it sounds so good to. Right now I am leaning towards this over the X Hot, but that very well could change when I get to hit the X Hot Pro, or hit each driver with some stouter shafts.

When I swung by GG they didn't have any Black Tie's in either, wtc?! I didn't even waste my time.

I know the Udesign models use a black version of the Trinity shaft, but I am thinking a green/green head with the green Trinity shaft could be pretty hot.

Ok I had this driver for two days with both shafts, Black Tie and Trinity in stuff flex.
Looks: the pear shaped head is a departure from the normal over sized drivers on the market. The deep black luster of the crown really stands out against the Emerald green bottom. The two colors together really make for a stunning combination. The extra contours and edges on the bottom of the club add to its space age look. An improvement over last years model, I you ask me.

Sound/Feel: typical muted Callaway sound. The composite crown absorbs a good bit of the vibration at impact. Not so much as to not provide feedback but enough to be vague if your not pay attention.

Performance: I was able to demo an 11.5* with standard weighting in the closed position on the first day. Same loft but neutral position the 2nd day. The black tie was gamed on the course both days.

The temps were cool at the start of each day so I didn't expect much from the driver. I was looking for dispersion, launch and shot shape. I had no idea what to expect from an 11.5* loft. The highest I has gone with a driver was 10.5* so I expected these high arcing shots. I didn't are anything out of the ordinary as far as launch or **** shape.

The Black Tie weighs in at 75g and I have to say it felt much lighter. So much so I kept looking at the shaft through out the round to make sure I read the weight properly. The weight seemed to be evenly distributed throughout the entire swing, the Extreme did not feel like a head heavy driver or shaft heavy. It really was a nice balance.

I hit the club on every hole that wasn't a par 3. And put it head to head with my VRS on the back 9. As I stayed earlier, it was cool the first couple of holes so distance was non existent. I just made even tempo passes and got a high arcing fade, a low pull drAw and mid flight draw. Not a great deal of movement once off the face. Almost like the ball had been given a flight plan ahead of time. As it warmed the distance started to show but and the ball flight loosened up. I hit a push on 5 that I expected to go out of bounds but started curling back toward the right side of the fairway. 7&9 are both par5s so I put a little something extra into both. This is when I feel I saw the clubs true potential. The high arcing ball flight was there but the ball just seem to hang in the air a fraction longer. The Black Tie is an excellent pairing for this driver. It holds end of the bargain and really compliments the technology Callaway out into the head. The Trinity didn't keep up with the driver it seemed to be a fraction behind. It looks good but didn't perform as I would have liked.

I saw much of the same on the second day but a little more distance. I'd have to say it held its own against my gamer. I actually the like the sound off the RFE more than I do the VRS. With the customization options that are available this will be a sweet option. It's going to be tough to choose!

Back