Callaway X-Hot & X-Hot Pro Driver Preview Thread

threshold350,

Did the PRO you demoed have the 6.0 or 6.5 shaft?? Only reason I ask is because I play the Project X Black 6.5's and I've had really good results. I have the X Hot Pro 4-wood with the 6.5 shaft and it seems like it'll be a winner but I haven't gotten to test it yet. Just curious...

It had the Project X vx(??) in 6.0. All the other numbers were ideal except for spin. Dispersion wasnt as tight as the Trinity and Fubuki on the RFX. Talking on one of these threads, I'm not sure why I didnt try those shafts on the XHot Pro. I do like the Pro more since my natural flight is a draw. The XHot was a hook machine due to the draw bias.

From what the rep told me, Cally is not using "made for" this year.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

It had the Project X vx(??) in 6.0. All the other numbers were ideal except for spin. Dispersion wasnt as tight as the Trinity and Fubuki on the RFX. Talking on one of these threads, I'm not sure why I didnt try those shafts on the XHot Pro. I do like the Pro more since my natural flight is a draw. The XHot was a hook machine due to the draw bias.

From what the rep told me, Cally is not using "made for" this year.

The NON-PRO X Hot has a "made-for" shaft. The PRO has the genuine aftermarket. If you hit the PRO version (no graphics) it most likely was the 6.0, it should have said on it though. My Callaway Rep that I ordered the X Hot PRO 4-wood from confirmed the first statements, btw...

I hate to hear the X Hot was a "hook machine" cause I like to move it right to left. JMan thought it was pretty square. I'm just gonna have to get out and hit them both.

Did they have some shaft options for the X Hots (both versions) where you went??

Dude, you've seen me play, I am not a long hitter. LOL.

Well I didn't get to see your shots. I did see what happens to a golf ball though....

The NON-PRO X Hot has a "made-for" shaft. The PRO has the genuine aftermarket. If you hit the PRO version (no graphics) it most likely was the 6.0, it should have said on it though. My Callaway Rep that I ordered the X Hot PRO 4-wood from confirmed the first statements, btw...

I hate to hear the X Hot was a "hook machine" cause I like to move it right to left. JMan thought it was pretty square. I'm just gonna have to get out and hit them both.

Did they have some shaft options for the X Hots (both versions) where you went??

I sure haven't seen the "hook machine" aspect, and my miss/flaw IS a hook. Could have a lot to do with having a bad ass shaft in it though! HA!

I sure haven't seen the "hook machine" aspect, and my miss/flaw IS a hook. Could have a lot to do with having a bad ass shaft in it though! HA!

I would agree. From hitting it the past few weeks, this is no hook machine and I can hook with the best of them. Actually thought it was an extremely straight driver

I would agree. From hitting it the past few weeks, this is no hook machine and I can hook with the best of them. Actually thought it was an extremely straight driver

Chunkyvalidation. Always good to know I'm not nuts!

To me, even with the internal weighting set up to "promote a draw" it's been straight to baby fade for this hooker.

To me, even with the internal weighting set up to "promote a draw" it's been straight to baby fade for this hooker.

Were we both drunk and hitting the Pro version lol?

Dean you were outdriving me last year so I guess I'm hitting #175 all day every day!

Dean you were outdriving me last year so I guess I'm hitting #175 all day every day!

Wish I could get back to that. I wont lie, I reshafted 2 of my previous Cally drivers today and it made me want the XHOT.

Wish I could get back to that. I wont lie, I reshafted 2 of my previous Cally drivers today and it made me want the XHOT.

You will be there again this summer dude. Winter rust is gone in 3 weeks of hitting balls. The X-Hot is a beast man. I still may end up with it. I have so many shafts for that adapter

Nah, as a whole people tend to automatically think that non-pro/tp/etc anything is a hooker. For some it is, I get that, but a lot of times it's a preconceived mentality IMO.

Not calling anyone out for that, just something I've noticed.

You will be there again this summer dude. Winter rust is gone in 3 weeks of hitting balls. The X-Hot is a beast man. I still may end up with it. I have so many shafts for that adapter

I hit it again last night and liked it. Just need the swing to get back in form.

Looked at this in hand today. Really like the set up. Was not crazy about the color. Don't know why. It wouldn't stop me from gaming it, but I thought I would like the color more than I did.

Can we infer this club is G20ish in that it trends toward straight / right?

Deleted...wrong thread.

Last edited:
Nah, as a whole people tend to automatically think that non-pro/tp/etc anything is a hooker. For some it is, I get that, but a lot of times it's a preconceived mentality IMO.

You're right about that JMan, MENTAL!!!

Do you have any idea what shaft Cally offers that'll play close to the PX BLACK 6.5?? Reason I ask is because if I wind up getting one I'll prob order directly from them and they don't offer the PX BLACK. I play the driver at 45" (-3/4" from standard) but I want the swingweight at D4 and I'd rather have them build it rather than start chopping away at tips & butts and adding weight in various places. They did a great job on my 4-banger...

Hit this driver tonight.. Good weight, but other than that i did not like it one single bit.

Can we infer this club is G20ish in that it trends toward straight / right?
I've only had it on course once and on range once but having gamed the G20 for some time, I like this alot better. I could hook the hell out of the G20 though.

Do you have any idea what shaft Cally offers that'll play close to the PX BLACK 6.5?? Reason I ask is because if I wind up getting one I'll prob order directly from them and they don't offer the PX BLACK. I play the driver at 45" (-3/4" from standard) but I want the swingweight at D4 and I'd rather have them build it rather than start chopping away at tips & butts and adding weight in various places. They did a great job on my 4-banger...

Sorry dude, I'm no help there on that one. I don't have a good track record with PX graphite so I'm not of the best all around knowledge of them. Should be, but I'm not.

Hit this today at the range for a bit. Still really enjoying everything about it.

Wow, must have hit a soar spot by calling this a "hook machine". Didnt mean to disrespect anyone on their findings. I guess I should have said "a hook machine for my swing" which most likely could use a lesson to fix instead of trying out drivers. I just dont like drivers thay are draw biased that could enhance my draw anymore than it does. I will call it for my swing a "draw enhancer" :D

As for the made for shaft, my rep didnt seem very knowledgable so FourWiggle is right on what type of shaft it is, real or made for. My rep seemed a little "green" in demoing the new line and didnt swap out any other shafts. He directed me to the RFX after he saw how my shots were going left. Like could be my swing or just the wrong shaft for me.

Dont get me wrong, it is a nice driver just not for me. RFX or XHot Pro, I will have to rehit to see if I get the same great results.

Wow, must have hit a soar spot by calling this a "hook machine". Didnt mean to disrespect anyone on their findings. I guess I should have said "a hook machine for my swing" which most likely could use a lesson to fix instead of trying out drivers. I just dont like drivers thay are draw biased that could enhance my draw anymore than it does. I will call it for my swing a "draw enhancer" :D

As for the made for shaft, my rep didnt seem very knowledgable so FourWiggle is right on what type of shaft it is, real or made for. My rep seemed a little "green" in demoing the new line and didnt swap out any other shafts. He directed me to the RFX after he saw how my shots were going left. Like could be my swing or just the wrong shaft for me.

Dont get me wrong, it is a nice driver just not for me. RFX or XHot Pro, I will have to rehit to see if I get the same great results.

I was not coming after you man. You shared your opinion and I just shared mine. Nothing the matter with calling a club exactly what it was for you. If you were hitting hooks off the planet it's good to tell folks. I just found it funny because that is my miss and it was not doing that at all for me.

I did have some swings with the RFX and really liked that club as well. I just figure I can always use that little bit more forgiveness for my off days.

Hit this driver tonight.. Good weight, but other than that i did not like it one single bit.
Why not? Tell us more. Was it a shaft issue or was there more to it than that?

Wow, must have hit a soar spot by calling this a "hook machine". Didnt mean to disrespect anyone on their findings.
I don't think you need to apologize at all. Giving honest and fair feedback is always a good thing.

Different strokes for different folks which is the game of golf. I am in the bucket of any wood that looks offset or has a closed face at impact I either have to change my swing to offset the hook or I hook 'em. Nothing mental about it. Recently I've changed something in my grip that is making it better but I have to have a driver that I can set to an open face or that has weights that will offset the closed face. Maybe partial mental but it has a lot to do with my swing as well. Now most people out there, more times than not, struggle with the slice which I'm sure is a big reason these non pro clubs are more closed at address and have draw weighting.

I hit the X Hot this past week at Dick's and didn't come away with the want to buy. I went in thinking I would, but I wasn't impressed and it wasn't "longer" for me. One thing I battled was the longer shaft. I hit inside, on the heel on almost every hit, which was the cause for inconsistency and lack of distance. No "pro" model was available either. Anyway, I'll try this March 13th at a demo day, outside, so hopefully I'll have a better experience by then. I've played Callaway for awhile now and so far, I've not meshed with either of the two new offerings.

Has anyone hit the pro model directly against the regular one? Im just wondering if the pro model would help to bring spin down?

Back