Social Era golf clothing

I just thought of it today, I've been pretty busy lately and it just slipped my mind, but I haven't received the belt I won on the Twittah yet. I won it like two weeks ago and sent my address immediately. How long did it take you other guys to get your belt?

About a week

Might be giving to much crap away if ya can't keep up with that. I don't rust that I'd order one if they can't do this part right.

They are giving a ton of stuff away, so I will give them a week or so longer and check back with them. I couldn't imagine organizing the shipping of all the stuff they are giving away. But as you said, it should be looked at as a trial run.

Might be giving to much crap away if ya can't keep up with that. I don't rust that I'd order one if they can't do this part right.
Really, so if they can't give something away for free quickly you can't trust them? I don't understand.

I can't remember how long it took for my belt to ship Jeff, but I doubt it'll take more than another week.

Also, they've got a lot to prove with their actual clothing line, but I don't see this as anything other than positive hooking people up with belts.

Really, so if they can't give something away for free quickly you can't trust them? I don't understand.

Probably an inappropriate use of the word "crap" on my part. I'm sure their belts aren't crap. I rather like the way they look.

However, if you are running a HUGE promotion and are giving away things to your followers and can't keep up with the your own contests I have doubts about the supply chain and decision making that might be in place in the future. I'm always happy to be proven wrong, but that's my opinion.

Probably an inappropriate use of the word "crap" on my part. I'm sure their belts aren't crap. I rather like the way they look.

However, if you are running a HUGE promotion and are giving away things to your followers and can't keep up with the your own contests I have doubts about the supply chain and decision making that might be in place in the future. I'm always happy to be proven wrong, but that's my opinion.

I agree with the thought process here. If it takes two-three weeks to ship a hundred or so belts....well, what happens when they get 1,000 orders for clothing? Who's going to be happy with week long shipping in this day and age? I can order from almost anywhere and get stuff in 3 days or less. I just bought a cell phone accessory from Hong Kong (ebay), that took exactly 11 days to get here. Look how busy GG is and she ships almost immediately. You guys don't have a little belt yet?

I agree with the thought process here. If it takes two-three weeks to ship a hundred or so belts....well, what happens when they get 1,000 orders for clothing? Who's going to be happy with week long shipping in this day and age? I can order from almost anywhere and get stuff in 3 days or less. I just bought a cell phone accessory from Hong Kong (ebay), that took exactly 11 days to get here. Look how busy GG is and she ships almost immediately. You guys don't have a little belt yet?
I understand the thought process behind not being able to handle the small number of orders now vs more later, but they aren't even taking orders right now, so who knows what the stock of belts is currently.

I like what they are trying to do with their social media buzz, and appreciate a company trying to interact with their consumers.

I'm surprised the sponsorships are on the smaller tours, but maybe that's a niche they are going for.

I wasn't surprised to hear Josh's comments from the PGA show, as you look through their catalog there are certainly a lot of styles that are quite similar to other existing brands.

That I agree with. I was thinking in that $14.99 range, but if it is upwards of $20+, it will be very interesting.

JB I believe they will sell for $20. I can't find the twitter post that had that info

Not in too much detail because I do not think its fair to the company before the apparel has actually been released. Lets just say a few places were "interested" in seeing "their" designs and how much they "evolved" from other brands.

This isnt a big suprise to me. While I like what they are doing on the social media side and I think they are going after the right market for tour sponsorships, I feel they are going to be hard pressed to get into the closet of the mainstream golfer. I just don't forsee them getting picked up by any of the major golf clothing retailers. I think they have issues with some of their designs looking so close to some of the other stuff out there. While I like the belts, I'm not so sure how the shirts are going to work out.

Received my belt today. Bubble Gum Pink! Seriously, being a rubber belt and the color, it almost looks like those rolls of bubble gun you used to get as a kid. Not a huge fan of the translucent pinkish buckle, but it will work. This will pair up very nice with my light gray plaid Nike pants/pink Nike polo and pink RL Sweater.

u2u6a7un.jpg

Quick question, do you think or has anyone used a metal buckle on the strap?

right...and this is probably just their bait and hook. give the consumer something free & cheap, and hope they come back to spend money on our real product.
although just by looking at their offerings...it doesn't look like they're breaking any molds in the apparel market.

My exact thoughts. They need to break out line or something before they are even considered with the likes of Cross, Sligo and the rest that I typically browse and purchase from. It takes more than rubber belt give always and a few tweets.... Just not feeling it from them.

Received my belt today. Bubble Gum Pink! Seriously, being a rubber belt and the color, it almost looks like those rolls of bubble gun you used to get as a kid. Not a huge fan of the translucent pinkish buckle, but it will work. This will pair up very nice with my light gray plaid Nike pants/pink Nike polo and pink RL Sweater.

u2u6a7un.jpg

Quick question, do you think or has anyone used a metal buckle on the strap?

bubbletape.jpg

I'm afraid putting that belt around my waist would make it look more like a shred of Big League Chew than Bubble Tape

I'm afraid putting that belt around my waist would make it look more like a shred of Big League Chew than Bubble Tape

haha couldn't play little league without big league chew

A female friend of mine commented on FB. "Don't wear that belt!"

Lol. Haters gonna hate.

Back