2013 Waste Management Phoenix Open Thread (Spoilers)

A fellow in a golf clinic with me played this course a few weeks ago (still has the tag on his bag...heh), and the stands were up.

He said that at the time, the greens were slow, maybe they let them grow before the tournament. At any rate, he said 16 isn't long (from the mortal tees, anyway), but looking around at the stands, even empty...
Said he hit short, rolled right by the pin and settled in around 10'. He imagined the crowd going wild for him. And then when he missed the bird, he imagined the boos.

My fantasy team needs Phil to forget the Razr Fit Xtreme at home tomorrow and become mortal again. I've got 4 of the top 9 and I'd love for one of them to squeak out a win!

Set another record for attendance today. Scary thing is it could be a lot higher if they tried to use both courses.

I wish more players had Sneds pace of play. The guy just has confidence in his swing and I think thats what produces good scores out of him. I kinda tried to take that concept and apply it to my game. For the second half of the year last year I didn't take any practice swings, I just lined up behind the ball, got my line, stepped up to the ball, and then swung. The results were pretty amazing! The quicker pace of play makes me stay confident and just trust my swing when I get up there to the ball.

That's how I like it. I have never scored well in a 5 hour round. 4 or less. Most of my best scores have been 3hrs or less.

I'm catching the replay on Golf Channel right now, man I would LOVE to go to this tournament someday. The atmosphere is electric! I hope Phil kills it again tomorrow and sets the record!

Both would be cool

I agree. One of these years we should have a bunch of THPers meet there, hit the tourney, play some golf, hang out. That would be fun.

Hmm. I might would make extra efforts to do that!

Come visit c0ncept! (and watch some golf) lol

Set another record for attendance today. Scary thing is it could be a lot higher if they tried to use both courses.

Stadium is a marginal course for PGA quality. Champions is a joke.

Stadium is a marginal course for PGA quality. Champions is a joke.

Quality in which sense? Have you ever played them in tournament shape?

I love see the big names dominate early. Hopefully Rory can get a win before Augusta so the hype machine can be in full force come April. Bring it home Phil

I love see the big names dominate early. Hopefully Rory can get a win before Augusta so the hype machine can be in full force come April. Bring it home Phil

Agreed. Having Rory, Tiger, and Phil all with a win before the Masters would be great.

Quality in which sense? Have you ever played them in tournament shape?

They are fantastic in tournament shape. However there is nothing really special about them. They have no character.

Great final three ball! For fantasy I need Paddy and Brandt to fade away, but would be great to see a battle wouldn't it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Driver wedge driver wedge
Starting to get boring

It blows me away that Snedeker just drops 20+ footers all day long. The one he just made got him a stroke on Phil, lets make it a tournament!

Sneds tee ball had to have gotten 70+ yards of roll...#jealous

Is Phil going to have a little hiccup for awhile?

Sneds gets another one back!

New favorite golfer James Hahn

tapp tapp tapp tappatalk

They are fantastic in tournament shape. However there is nothing really special about them. They have no character.

Yeah I agree with that. Champions is the harder course too lol.

some mongoloid picked up paddy's ball. why? how dense must you be to pick up a golf ball in play at a golf tournament.

some mongoloid picked up paddy's ball. why? how dense must you be to pick up a golf ball in play at a golf tournament.

Maybe he's just there to party!

Did he drop it or run?!

Also someone asked about Pat Perez: DQ for incorrect scorecard.

Back