2013 Bridgestone e6 Golf Ball Forum Testing Thread

Despite my less than stellar results in my previous testings, I'm go to give the e6 another shot on the course tomorrow.

It's going to be a beautiful day for golf.

I gave it my best shot & its official... me & the new e6 just don't get along. I hit some decent drives with it today, but I just can't get it to stop on the greens.

I'm jealous of all you people who hit the ball lottery with this one.

I gave it my best shot & its official... me & the new e6 just don't get along. I hit some decent drives with it today, but I just can't get it to stop on the greens.

Sorry for the skim if already mentioned, but have you had experience with spin and the previous e6? I always found it to be incredibly responsive in years past, and am very surprised you're not enjoying that same feedback with the new one.

This is my issue as well with this e6 and last year's version but I'm sticking with it for now. With the e6, I'm hitting more fairways and spending less time looking for balls in the rough or trying to avoid trees on my shots towards the green.

I can understand where you are coming from, my experience has been just the same on the greens. That said I have never had good spin on the greens no matter the ball. What this ball has done for me is give me the chance to make more GIR's. My last 9 holes I hit 6 of 9 FIR's whith 3 birdie chances of which I muffed them all lol. That being said with the work I have put into my swing the E6 will help me keep it in the short stuff, which is always a good thing in my book.

Pretty much my experience. Short wedges, pitches and chips are way too inconsistent and very frustrating. Enjoy it off the tee and putting but haven't found it with the irons. E6 has been my ball for about two years and will most likely stay in the rotation but I can't seem to adapt my game to the balls performance...just runs like a rabbit

I think ball choice is often a compromise. You're giving up a little in one place to gain in another. In my case, what I lose in greenside spin I gain in price, soft feel, predictability, etc.

I get drawn in by greenside spin quite a bit. It's almost impossible not to. Looking back though, my best rounds of the year were in dry conditions with balls that don't spin at all - Chromax and the 2011 e6. I do see a little more movement on wedges into greens, but I've not really seen true negatives from it. If a pin is closer to the front I just open the face to hit it higher. I think my spin numbers on 50 yard pitches were right around 5000 rpms with the 2013 e6. That's a ball that's going to run a bit, but not for long.

I think ball choice is often a compromise. You're giving up a little in one place to gain in another. In my case, what I lose in greenside spin I gain in price, soft feel, predictability, etc.

I get drawn in by greenside spin quite a bit. It's almost impossible not to. Looking back though, my best rounds of the year were in dry conditions with balls that don't spin at all - Chromax and the 2011 e6. I do see a little more movement on wedges into greens, but I've not really seen true negatives from it. If a pin is closer to the front I just open the face to hit it higher. I think my spin numbers on 50 yard pitches were right around 5000 rpms with the 2013 e6. That's a ball that's going to run a bit, but not for long.

Good thoughts hawk! I talked about this very thing in my e7 review

TTing

I'll head over there next to check out what you have to say and we'll chat.

I agree with this completely.

I think as golfers we fall into a lot of traps looking for "holy grails" that may not be possible from any reasonable standpoint. We all want golf balls that fly perfectly straight regardless of swing mechanics, flies further than speed physics will allow, has enough backspin to stop on a dime (but again with no side spin), and just for the kicker, costs $5 a dozen...and of course falls within the rule book for conforming product.

The e6 is a good ball if the skill set it offers is what you are looking for, and for much of the year, I am willing to sacrifice greenside spin for being less deep in the woods. Obviously, it's not going to be the perfect ball for everyone, which is why even Bridgestone alone has 7-8 different models.

I think as golfers we fall into a lot of traps looking for "holy grails" that may not be possible from any reasonable standpoint. We all want golf balls that fly perfectly straight regardless of swing mechanics, flies further than speed physics will allow, has enough backspin to stop on a dime (but again with no side spin), and just for the kicker, costs $5 a dozen...and of course falls within the rule book for conforming product.

The e6 is a good ball if the skill set it offers is what you are looking for, and for much of the year, I am willing to sacrifice greenside spin for being less deep in the woods. Obviously, it's not going to be the perfect ball for everyone, which is why even Bridgestone alone has 7-8 different models.

The funny thing is that I started using the ball because of side spin issues, but it's not even in my top five these days. Not to say I can't slice/hook a ball, but I tend to put that blame on myself if it's a big issue that day. I have a comfort level with this ball like no other.

Well put Donne, I am still looking for all of those things, especially at the $5 per dozen price point. :smile:

I am still yet to hit the 2011 balls that I picked up, but having just read the last few posts I have a 'stupid' question - would you expect to see soft greens hold the e6 (or any other model) a lot better than firmer greens?

I don't tend to get much spin, I certainly don't back the ball up more than a couple of feet on full shots etc assuming I get a good contact, but I have noticed a couple of times that I have tried to pitch a ball from 20-30yds and played for a fair bit of roll-out but then had the ball check on me and leave a long putt. I have only seen this on soft greens, on firm greens I seem to play the same shot but have more roll-out leaving me closer to the pin, hence my question?

Apologies for the dumb question, but I am getting to grips with all sorts of new things since I joined here and I am hoping to improve my game this year so anything to help me understand how everything works together is always going to help

Not a dumb question at all. The answer is yes, you should see the ball stop faster on softer greens.

Cheers Hawk, I guess that will teach me to walk onto the green to get a feel for the surface underfoot before I play the short chips etc :thumb:

I played 18 yesterday with the e6, and my Driver swing was back, so I finally got to see what this ball can do for me off the tee. And that answer is straight and long. I really like this ball on full shots, no matter the club I'm using. My drives yesterday were straight or some slight baby draws, and I'd say distance was as good as with any ball I've used. One of the more positive things I've noticed about the new e6 ball is that it feels great to hit it. Nice sound, and soft enough that you feel like its interacting with you out on the course. It's a distance ball, but it's not like you're out there pounding a rock. So what Bridgestone has done with this ball is to combine a really good feel with some terrific distance.

Lots of positives so far, but the negatives I've noticed are some that others have mentioned as well. I think what Hawk said a few posts above this one is really true. This ball offers up some terrific features in straight flight, distance, price, and a nice responsive feel. To get these advantages, the compromise is a lack of some holding power on some approach shots, especially some of those touch type shots with the partial swings.

I hit a knock down 7 iron yesterday from about 125 out to keep the ball under a pretty stiff crossing wind blowing towards a greenside pond. I made great contact and the ball was traveling towards the green on a nice arcing trajectory. The e6 hit just short of the green, rolled up towards the pin, and then kept rolling, and rolling, and rolling, off the back and down into the water hazard. I was able to splash it out of the hazard to about 12 feet past the pin, and two-putted for a bogey.

Another hole yesterday I hit a 5 iron into a Par 3 with an elevated tee overlooking a green that slopes front to back. My ball hit center green front, and scooted all the way off into a back bunker. I've played the Srixon Z-Star on this hole in the past couple of weeks, and a similarly hit shot with the Z-Star held the green. But there was another time on the course yesterday where the e6 did an admirable job of holding the green. I hit a full 56 degree wedge from perhaps 80 yards out to a pin tucked behind a little rise in the green. I could see perhaps the top half of the pin from my position in the fairway. The plan was to land the ball just past the ridge and let the ball roll down to the hole. And that's exactly what happened. A nice high shot from the 56 wedge, the ball hit just past the top of the ridge, out of my view, and then my buddies all said "NICE SHOT". The pitch mark was on the downhill side of this little ridge, my ball rolled out maybe 12 feet towards the pin, and I sunk the 18 inch putt for a birdie. In this case, the ball did everything exactly as I wanted it to. The green was not soft and for the ball to hold the green while landing on a downhill slant was impressive. Nice high shot from the 56, so I'm thinking quite a bit of backspin, and the ball just went exactly where I was aiming and intending it to go.

I'm thinking I can put this ball to use out on the course. I will need to pay some attention around the greens and use more loft, and I may lean a bit more towards some of those pitch and roll shots, just as a way to put the best features of this ball to its best use. (If the ball rolls well, which it does, then let's use that as an advantage). So fewer of my pitches will be right at the pin, and I'll just allow for some more roll when it's safe to do that.

So I'm seeing a lot of advantages to this ball in it's responsiveness off the tee and with full iron shots. It feels great off the putter and rolls true. It moves around enough that I can work the ball a bit both right and left off the tee. I can't fade an iron to safe myself, with this ball or any other, but it draws for me fine. The distance off the tee is right there with any ball I've hit. And it's fun to play, which isn't my normal experience with a distance ball. So I think I'm hooked. I don't know that I'll use it every time I play, but there's too many good things about this e6 that benefit my game, so yeah, it's a keeper for me.

Glad I'm not the only one with the green holding issues.

I get much better stopping power with the Duo & I find it to be as straight & long as the e6 off the tee. It doesn't I hurt that it's $6 cheaper a dozen either.

I did appreciate that the e6 did give me very consistent carry distance with my irons.

First I want to apologize. I was lucky enough to be picked to test these wonderful Bridgestone e6 balls. After going thru the Flu and two root canals After two weeks I was able to finally go to the local par 3 and give these a quick 18 holes. I went to go type up my review and on top of everything else my laptop bit the big one. So ill be tapatalk inch thru this.

yby5y4a7.jpg

At BeaverBend 3 par here in Hershey, PA

Clubs used Big Trusty Rusty SW and Rossa Putter.

Distances range between 45 and 95 yards. I nice and easy short game work out.

I just got this SW built for me a few weeks ago after a proper fitting that showed I was using a half inch to long and I was 2 degrees flat. On a normal day I hit around 12 greens dead on center and a few I normally over shoot.

First thing I noticed that the last model and this model feel about the same. To me this is a good thing because I have compression issues on normal full shots.

Getting fit has helped me hit it dead on with much ease. the first hole is 55 yards and I normally need to hit short because of roll out. Not much has changed with this ball. Now some of this might of been because it was 21 degrees and I was playing on solid greens. I so enjoy the muted noise when putting. I like not hearing that click sound. Pretty much the same results the rest of the way through the day. The one thing I've finally did get down was being able to get a little back spin on the ball on the two longer holes. I'm not sure if that was because of the ball on a fuller shot or I just finally hit it correctly.

I'm hoping to get on a real course and get real testing in this weekend.

Being less then 1 year into playing golf I can say I enjoyed getting to test this and hope to bring you a better review soon

Anyone able to buy the pink E6 yet?

Anyone able to buy the pink E6 yet?

White yellow and orange is all they are offering as of now per our local Pro Shop

I am pleased to hear you got the ball to check up on a few shots even in freezing temperatures, Xarraan. Bonus points for you playing in that weather!

Feels like 9 degrees...yowza!

I am pleased to hear you got the ball to check up on a few shots even in freezing temperatures, Xarraan. Bonus points for you playing in that weather!

Feels like 9 degrees...yowza!

I had to get out and test. I wasn't able to play when it was 55. I couldn't take the pain and left after 3 holes on the real course

I got another round in with this ball this past weekend. I'll start by saying this. If you are looking for a mid-range priced golf ball that plays almost like a premium ball, this is the one. I really wish these were around when I started playing 15 years ago.

I know this ball is supposed to fly straighter, but I still feel like I can shape this ball like I want. There are some par 3s at my home course that set up to better to hit a draw into them, and I feel like I can do that with this ball. There are other times when I need to hit a little fade, but I can't seem to do that as much, not because of the ball, but because I've just never been able to hit the fade with my irons.

I also really like how this thing checks up on the greens. It doesn't matter what iron I hit or whether I'm hitting full shots, half shots, or chip shots, I can get it to bite pretty easily. It feels great off my irons and wedges.

I'm still really accurate with this ball with the driver. Like I said before, I don't get the distance I would like with this ball, but I'm almost always in the fairway. I've almost always got a good shot into the green because of the accuracy with these balls.

I posted earlier about the durability of these balls. I think I've come to find that this occurs mainly on greenside bunker shots. I noticed this past weekend that a ball I was using got scuffed pretty bad after a bunker shot. I put the same ball back in the bunker and hit it again, and it was scuffed in another spot. I've been wanting to take these to another course to try in a different type of sand, but I don't know when I'll get the chance. Has anyone else noticed this? I don't see it as much in other balls I've used, but maybe it still happens but just not as bad and I don't notice it.

I had another round with the 2013 e6. Good outcome! Shot an 82 at Los Robles Greens in So Cal., which is my lowest of all time at this course. Thank you e6???

Results with:
Driver - Bombed most of my drives and NO hooks and slices. I had 4 drives over 300 yards and averaged 270.
Fairway/Hybrid - Didn't get to use too many of these clubs but when I did it felt great. Reached 2 par 5s in two.
Irons - Most improved results than my first outting with these balls. Felt soft everytime. Checked on the greens better than the last time. Never ran away too far.
Wedges - Too soft at times with shots that were 60-120 yards out. I felt like I had to swing a little harder just to get the feel but overall good results.
Putter - Now... this might be the biggest setback when I used the e6. I had problems with distance control just the fact that it was too silent and soft. Either the putt was 10 feet out or 30 feet out, I couldn't feel the ball 100% when making contact. I left several birdie putts short and both of my eagle putts.

Overall I love these. When putting, it's something that I'll have to get used to but everything else was superb. I feel like there's no reason for me to buy premium golf balls at $45-50 anymore because I think these are premium balls at 25 bucks. I WILL continue to use these rest of the year! So thank you THP and Bridgestone for allowing me (and us) to test these and solidify how amazing these balls are!

I now have played 5 rounds with the new e6 and I wanted to put down some thoughts on the ball. I waited till I got a few rounds in cause I have been hitting some clubs that were new to me as well as trying new things with my swing all in preparation for the MC. Having said all that I am very please with ball!!! I have found it to continue in the ways of its predecessors but having a nice high ball flight off the tee that really fights to keep itself straight, even on miss hits. The ball is quite durable as well having lasted me four solid rounds before I changed to a different ball just cause I wanted to see if there was any difference. (there was but only slight) As I said in a earlier post, the one thing I though the e6 was lacking was around the greens and as my game improved I really began to notice how much of a benefit this could be and what I was missing with the older version. With this new version, the ball is stopping better and I am creating shorter putts for myself. I also like how this balls feels off the putter and seems to roll true on different types or grasses.

Yea those Bridgestone guys removed 4 dots off a ball and made great changes to the ball. They have solidified me as a customer(which was not hard to do) and there is no way I will switch these out of my bag any time soon.

Back