The House Searching / Buying/ Building Thread

Thanks Nate. Yep everything is a go. It was appraised last week as well, and we are waiting on our copy of the appraisal. Other than that it's pretty much a waiting game for underwriting, etc. we are pretty dang excited and ready to get into our own place again! This will be our mortgage, but my fiancé and I have lived together before.

Nice, congrats buddy!!!!

Chipped via Tapatalk, never chutted.

Buying your 1st house is always a fun time for most.It was for us now we are in our 2nd now we built 13 yrs. ago..

So after a few back and forth negotiations this morning, I JUST BOUGHT A HOUSE!!!!! I'm so pumped!

Well it's been a long time coming. But we will be moving to our new house at the end of the month! Look out Hawk and Jrod were going to be almost neighbors!

Our home got out of permitting late last week. About freakin time. Start building so I can start talking with a normal voice at night.

I just found out our house appraised for just over $10,000 more than we are buying it for and are locked in at 3.25%. Barring any setbacks we will close NEXT FRIDAY (2/15)!!! Holy cow we are excited.

I just found out our house appraised for just over $10,000 more than we are buying it for and are locked in at 3.25%. Barring any setbacks we will close NEXT FRIDAY (2/15)!!! Holy cow we are excited.

AWESOME!!! Congrats man

Awesome, hooray for instant equity! Now.. Don't touch it haha

Nice! Still waiting on my appraisal and hoovering right at that interest rate. My banker said it spike to 3.5% but there was a good change we could still lock 3.25% since we have til the end of March

Would love to get a rate as low as that! When I got pre-approved for the house I bought the rate was 3.75%, here's to hoping it goes down a bit before I close.

Straight up pulled a JJ. Pre-approved on a Thursday, offer accepted on a house the next Tuesday. We are so excited. First house we've ever bought, we ended getting a really good deal. It was a new construction in an up and coming development in the school district we want our (future) kids to go to. We paid closer to the top of the budget, but we will be in this house for a long time. We are closing April 3, which is perfect because we won't have a mortgage payment until June 1, and our lease ends in our townhouse on May 31. Awesome!

We are just ecstatic. Still have to get the mortgage approved, but that (hopefully) shouldn't be a problem.

26713_2018.jpg

It was fun reading everyone else's experiences in here. Specifically Jconn, Dev, and JJ's. I'm just as pumped for you guys!

Awesome looking house brad. Congrats on the purchase.

Straight up pulled a JJ. Pre-approved on a Thursday, offer accepted on a house the next Tuesday. We are so excited. First house we've ever bought, we ended getting a really good deal. It was a new construction in an up and coming development in the school district we want our (future) kids to go to. We paid closer to the top of the budget, but we will be in this house for a long time. We are closing April 3, which is perfect because we won't have a mortgage payment until June 1, and our lease ends in our townhouse on May 31. Awesome!

We are just ecstatic. Still have to get the mortgage approved, but that (hopefully) shouldn't be a problem.

26713_2018.jpg

It was fun reading everyone else's experiences in here. Specifically Jconn, Dev, and JJ's. I'm just as pumped for you guys!

Congrats dude

Congrats Brad! You guys should be excited.... Nice looking home

26713_2018.jpg

BEAUTY! Congrats

Thats a great looking house Brad, congrats man!

Lots of good news in here today. Congrats all!!

Congrats on the new house Brad!!!!!

Yes brad!!!! I am pumped for you! That's how we do it!

I got my apartment lease figured out so I can move out the 31st of march (closing on house is 29th of march) instead of June 31 and only have to eat a months worth of rent. Everything is going perfect, just hoping I can get a 3.25 rate, rather than a 3.5 rate. Fingers crossed baby!

Thanks everyone! Brad, that's awesome buddy. Great looking house for sure! Hopefully all goes well.

Yes brad!!!! I am pumped for you! That's how we do it!

I got my apartment lease figured out so I can move out the 31st of march (closing on house is 29th of march) instead of June 31 and only have to eat a months worth of rent. Everything is going perfect, just hoping I can get a 3.25 rate, rather than a 3.5 rate. Fingers crossed baby!

We're in the same boat. We were pre-approved at 3.25% and now were just hoping that holds up. Either way, we just feel pretty blessed.

We're in the same boat. We were pre-approved at 3.25% and now were just hoping that holds up. Either way, we just feel pretty blessed.

Ain't that the truth! Being at a point in life to be able to afford a freakin house. Now I just need to gf to finish school and graduate to contribute :). These shoulders can only take sugar daddy status for so long!

Back