Cobra AMP CELL Driver & AMP CELL Pro Driver Preview

WCBM, sounds like another great review of the head, I can't wait to try this thing in person. My interest is super high to see how the Regular/Pro differences. Certainly a stock shaft difference as well!!!

Do you guys think the stock stif shaft is lighter or not as stiff as most stock shafts? (Does that even make sence)

I have a swing speed around 112 and the stock stiff feels absolutely great to me. As I mentioned in my writeups, I love how I feel connected to the club head through the entire swing - the shaft isn't whippy.

Check out more of my thoughts here:

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1947364

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

Yeah. I can't wait to try one. Hopefully next week ill get down to Colorado and try one.

PGASS still does not have the Cell line out for demo as of today. Golf Smith does have all lines...FYI

PGASS still does not have the Cell line out for demo as of today. Golf Smith does have all lines...FYI

They don't have the AMP Cell stuff or the Callaway stuff to hit. Very few shaft choices for Nike Covert also.

I can't wait until the app is up and running, too bad it isn't out yet. But I loved reading and seeing it:

Where can I find more out about this app?

Got a chance to hit this about 2 hour ago.

First off, all the colours look great. Orange isn't for me, but the other three are stunning. Grabbed a silver, stiff shaft and headed to the bay. Love the shape, forgiving, but not super stretched back like some others, like say, Ping G25. I'll start off by saying, I'm not an overly long hitter, swing speed is around 100-105 with my current driver and average around 265 total. The weighting felt very similar to my current set up, so not a big adjustment there. First swing was off the heel, still went 252 total, swing speed 100.8.

Then something amazing started happening.

The next couple swings were in or around the middle of the of the club head and started seeing some numbers I've never seen before. We're talking 265-275 CARRY! broke the 280 mark twice. I've never seen this sort of distance before and my swing speed was constantly in the 103-105 range. Wasn't get a lot of roll out, but launch angles were good, right around 11-13 range.

Not to mention, it just goes straight. It didn't matter where you hit it on the face, it just wanted to go straight. Was even seeing a nice draw, which is normal for me, just seemed a little easier.

The stock shaft is very nice. Felt very solid and not whippy at all, just a nice load and transfers it all through the clubhead nicely. If this is a "made for" shaft, it doesn't feel it.

I was also there with a friend who is a 6 handicap and swing speed around 108-110. He was only able to hit the stuff with no x-stiff there, but it didn't seem it matter. He was seeing 295-300 total constantly and it was nothing but straight. Think he was debating hard about trading his 910 in and getting fit for this, only time will tell.

Anyone who is looking for a driver this season, needs to hit this. Doesn't matter your skill or anything, just hit it. Can almost guarantee you'll be impressed.

Nice info Ghost. All the impressions so far seem to be good ones.

Great stuff Golf Ghost! Sounds like you got Amped just like me!

What loft did you have it set to?

Nice thought Ghost! Did you tinker with the lofts or anything like that while you were hitting it?

Very nice ghost! I can't wait to hit one. I'm glad to hear you liked the stock shaft as well.

Great stuff Golf Ghost! Sounds like you got Amped just like me!

What loft did you have it set to?

Set at 10.5.

I didn't play around with it at all. We only had 15 min between two of us with the monitor. Would love to get this out to a range this spring though and play around with it some.

It is really great. I've never hit another driver that was so easy to hit so far.

Very nice ghost! I can't wait to hit one. I'm glad to hear you liked the stock shaft as well.

It was really nice. It was only a launch monitor, so didn't see the flight, but judging by the numbers and overall feel, it's a great stock offering. I have a pretty quick transition at the top as well (trying to work on that) and didn't feel whippy or anything.

Got a chance to hit this about 2 hour ago.

First off, all the colours look great. Orange isn't for me, but the other three are stunning. Grabbed a silver, stiff shaft and headed to the bay. Love the shape, forgiving, but not super stretched back like some others, like say, Ping G25. I'll start off by saying, I'm not an overly long hitter, swing speed is around 100-105 with my current driver and average around 265 total. The weighting felt very similar to my current set up, so not a big adjustment there. First swing was off the heel, still went 252 total, swing speed 100.8.

Then something amazing started happening.

The next couple swings were in or around the middle of the of the club head and started seeing some numbers I've never seen before. We're talking 265-275 CARRY! broke the 280 mark twice. I've never seen this sort of distance before and my swing speed was constantly in the 103-105 range. Wasn't get a lot of roll out, but launch angles were good, right around 11-13 range.

Not to mention, it just goes straight. It didn't matter where you hit it on the face, it just wanted to go straight. Was even seeing a nice draw, which is normal for me, just seemed a little easier.

The stock shaft is very nice. Felt very solid and not whippy at all, just a nice load and transfers it all through the clubhead nicely. If this is a "made for" shaft, it doesn't feel it.

I was also there with a friend who is a 6 handicap and swing speed around 108-110. He was only able to hit the stuff with no x-stiff there, but it didn't seem it matter. He was seeing 295-300 total constantly and it was nothing but straight. Think he was debating hard about trading his 910 in and getting fit for this, only time will tell.

Anyone who is looking for a driver this season, needs to hit this. Doesn't matter your skill or anything, just hit it. Can almost guarantee you'll be impressed.
Awesome info, sounds like it's a great performer as advertised. You all tease me with your in hand swings I can't wait to try this thing!

Set at 10.5.

I didn't play around with it at all. We only had 15 min between two of us with the monitor. Would love to get this out to a range this spring though and play around with it some.

It is really great. I've never hit another driver that was so easy to hit so far.

10.5 is what I had the best experience with so far. Might dial it down to 10 when the weather warms up and see what happens.

Just such a solid shaft. From what I've read, it's the real deal Fujikara Fuel with an amp/cobra skin.

Awesome info, sounds like it's a great performer as advertised. You all tease me with your in hand swings I can't wait to try this thing!
Me neither!

It's really great guys. I wasn't expecting it to be in stock today, so I was a present surprise.

I hit the Amp Cell regular shaft set at 10.5 slight draw at Dick's today and absolutely loved it. My swing speed was from 85-92 and I was carrying around 240-255 and rolling out between 260-280. This was outstanding for me. I hit the silver and found it to be a "more traditional" look but the blue was intriguing. I didn't think I was in the market for a new driver but hitting this club may have changed my mind. It seemed easy to hit and I liked the feel of the stock shaft.

man i need some swings with these!
this weekend can't come quick enough.....

man i need some swings with these!
this weekend can't come quick enough.....
I love and hate hearing all the great things about this driver, it just makes me want to go hit it even more!!!

I have used the Cobra Amp for a year and love it! But this may move me off. What a cool idea to change the loft depending on the course and weather!

I have used the Cobra Amp for a year and love it! But this may move me off. What a cool idea to change the loft depending on the course and weather!

The tech behind the MyFly is very cool and the best out there right now IMO. I am a little ticked it didn't rate higher in the innovation category on the Hot List but it makes me realize how little stock I put in to those ratings.

The rumor is that someone might be getting Ampd today.. Amp Celled to be more specific

Back