Callaway RAZR Fit Xtreme Driver - THP Preview & Review Thread

11.5...I want to hit that in the RFE so badly.

Good stuff Freddie, I don't envy your choice but I honestly don't think there is a wrong one for any of the Cally guys this year.

11.5...I want to hit that in the RFE so badly.

Good stuff Freddie, I don't envy your choice but I honestly don't think there is a wrong one for any of the Cally guys this year.

Agreed. I wish the 11.5* RFX came in LH. I would be all over that!

Agreed. I wish the 11.5* RFX came in LH. I would be all over that!

Another curse of the LH.

I do love the push by them to do more and more LH, very cool.

Another curse of the LH.

I do love the push by them to do more and more LH, very cool.

Agreed. Still a bit behind though. With no high lofts, no Utility Irons (yet) and no intermediate FW lofts (like a 3+, 4, etc). At least I don't think.

Damaikis, you could get a 10.5 and just set it to 11.5. The face sits open to begin with, so it would be .5° closed. Hardly noticeable if you're used to a neutral face. At least that's what it looked like to me.

I feel like I would have better luck trying to find the holy grail than a RFX with a black tie shaft at a local retailer. Not one retailer was even aware that there is supposed to be another shaft option.

I feel like I would have better luck trying to find the holy grail than a RFX with a black tie shaft at a local retailer. Not one retailer was even aware that there is supposed to be another shaft option.
I hear ya. And the ones that do say that it's a high spin/high launch shaft. The guy at my local EW told me that the Black Tie was a cheap shaft that is for high handicappers? Lol I'm no golf pro but I think he's mistaken

He is wrong and should be fired.

I hear ya. And the ones that do say that it's a high spin/high launch shaft. The guy at my local EW told me that the Black Tie was a cheap shaft that is for high handicappers? Lol I'm no golf pro but I think he's mistaken

He said what? Oh my....so stupid. SO. STUPID.

Black Tie

Black Tie

On Friday Nevada Bob's in Madison had a couple XTremes with Black Tie shafts. nice to see, even better if I get to hit it today.

Believe it or not, the Golfsmith by my has the Black Tie in the fitting bay. I was surprised to see it there.

I asked Callaway Harry yesterday after Phil had locked up the tournament on 18 why they didn't have the Xtreme in his bag last week? His response:

"It wasn't in the master plan"

These Callaway guys are good.

He said what? Oh my....so stupid. SO. STUPID.
Tell me about it man. I didn't want to call him out on it because the store was packed. That would have been a deal breaker if someone heard a customer educating the person fitting them. But that's what I have to work with. When I go in and ask to hit a different shaft, I either get told the shafts are the same with different logos, or the complete opposite of what the shaft actually does. I wouldn't know what to do if someone was actually fitting me and knew what he was talking about.

Tell me about it man. I didn't want to call him out on it because the store was packed. That would have been a deal breaker if someone heard a customer educating the person fitting them. But that's what I have to work with. When I go in and ask to hit a different shaft, I either get told the shafts are the same with different logos, or the complete opposite of what the shaft actually does. I wouldn't know what to do if someone was actually fitting me and knew what he was talking about.

Not to throw this too off topic, but just wanted to say that this is another of the long list of reasons that THP is so fantastic. The knowledge that is present on this site and in these forums makes all of us far wiser golf consumers, and that shouldn't go overlooked. So many places now employ sales people rather than people who care if what you're buying is good for your game and while that's certainly to be expected (and probably can't be avoided), it's nice to have knowledge on your side when walking through the doors of a "big box" store.

I am currently gaming the razr fit and I am pretty satisfied with its performance. I was just wondering if anyone here has put the razr fit and the RFX head to head on the course?

I am currently gaming the razr fit and I am pretty satisfied with its performance. I was just wondering if anyone here has put the razr fit and the RFX head to head on the course?

Hopefully when i get mine for the MC 2013 i'll be able to give a good comparison for you

Based on Phi's reaction to it, I think I know the answer! BTW, I didn't like the Razr from last year.

Based on Phi's reaction to it, I think I know the answer! BTW, I didn't like the Razr from last year.

I've hit both and I didn't like the razr from last year either. This years is so much better. Don't have numbers but I know I'm hitting it much further.

After extensive testing of the new driver offerings this year, I was most impressed by the RFE with the trinity shaft. I found it to look and feel great while being fairly forgiving for a smaller head. I got very good LM numbers, a nice improvement over my R9 supertri. After bagging it and putting it into play, the LM test translated on the course. I end up in spots that I didn't see before with a tight dispersion. Even less than ideal swings still provided very acceptable results.

After extensive testing of the new driver offerings this year, I was most impressed by the RFE with the trinity shaft. I found it to look and feel great while being fairly forgiving for a smaller head. I got very good LM numbers, a nice improvement over my R9 supertri. After bagging it and putting it into play, the LM test translated on the course. I end up in spots that I didn't see before with a tight dispersion. Even less than ideal swings still provided very acceptable results.
What's your swing speed and what kind of ball shape do you play? Any idea how much further you are hitting it?

Damaikis, you could get a 10.5 and just set it to 11.5. The face sits open to begin with, so it would be .5° closed. Hardly noticeable if you're used to a neutral face. At least that's what it looked like to me.

Yeah but I want my driver to say 11.5!!! Haha. Thanks for the info though.

What's your swing speed and what kind of ball shape do you play? Any idea how much further you are hitting it?
Nate, SS is 97-101mph, and my shot are straight. I went with an RFE 9.5 with a stiff trinity (previous driver was a 9.5 supertri TP with a fujikura F1 regular). The ball flight is higher and I love how it raises, flattens and goes. And as you are in Dallas, you will be please to know that it holds great in the wind! In average, I found the RFE to be about 13 yards longer (GPS average). (WOOHOO 200th post, that took a while!)

I've hit both and I didn't like the razr from last year either. This years is so much better. Don't have numbers but I know I'm hitting it much further.

Same, the Fit was bad for me but loved the RFX I hit in Myrtle.

I didn't even notice that the head of the RFE was smaller. It's still a large head compared to FWs and hybrids. How big does a head really need to be?

Finally I got to have at my Razr Fit Xtreme today, and let me tell you I am extremely pleased with what I found out today!

First off I love the looks of this driver. The smaller pear shape really fits my eye better than the other larger 460cc heads that are out there these days. I went with the Matrix Black Tie shaft in stiff with this one and with the black grip, black shaft and black head, it really looks sleek and menacing at address.

The sound of this driver is just music to my ears. Callaway got it right again with the muted thwack of this driver. I think it sounds even better than the previous Fit. I also love the way this driver feels in hand. Its a head heavy driver and I really like that. It just helps me feel the driver throughout the swing and I can usually then put a good swing on it. On the same note I can also tell then when I make a poor swing and can tell if it will be headed left or right.

I will be testing 3 shafts with this head, 9.5*, and will be seeing which one will fit me the best. I have a GD AD-DI-7s, a Miyazaki B.Asha 5x, and the stock Black Tie in stiff that will be going head to head to head. Now I am not gonna really post any numbers or anything from today because I was way to whooped from all the swings I took earlier trying to find a 3w and hybrid today but I will say that this thing is a beast. With some of the good swings I did get in from being tired I am super pumped that this is gonna be a bomber and the longest driver I have ever played. With some good swings I was seeing around 275 carry and around 290 total, which I am thrilled with.

I will be going back later in the month fresh and be getting some really hard data and dial this baby in for the course here shortly. But what I am seeing so far I am very pleased and excited to get this dialed in and blasting some #XBombs this year!

Back