anyone have a better weekend than this?

hopefor300

Reaction score
Handicap
Played a round on saturday and dislocated my pinkie while swinging a 6 iron halfway through the round. Finished off the rest of the round and iced it at home and eventually popped it back in. Had another round scheduled on Sunday and got thrown out of the golf cart when my partner decided to swerve and accelerate at the same time. The head definitely made contact with the concrete and might have sustained a concussion, but thankfully it was near the turn so i ran into the clubhouse so i could ice it during the remaining holes. Surprisingly, played some of my best golf after that (4 pars in a row). Just got checked out today and the damage was a dislocated pinkie with a possibly torn ligament and a sprained neck. If anyone knows of golf safety equipment let me know...

I would suggest checkers as a possible hobby?

I can honestly say I have never heard of someone dislocating a finger swinging a golf club. As for the cart issue, make sure you drive next time.

glad that you are ok. Perhaps the stars aligned for that brief period during those 4 pars. btw, how did you dislocate that pinkie?

My Mother has broken her thumb driving a golf cart. Weird stuff can happen.

Played a round on saturday and dislocated my pinkie while swinging a 6 iron halfway through the round. Finished off the rest of the round and iced it at home and eventually popped it back in. Had another round scheduled on Sunday and got thrown out of the golf cart when my partner decided to swerve and accelerate at the same time. The head definitely made contact with the concrete and might have sustained a concussion, but thankfully it was near the turn so i ran into the clubhouse so i could ice it during the remaining holes. Surprisingly, played some of my best golf after that (4 pars in a row). Just got checked out today and the damage was a dislocated pinkie with a possibly torn ligament and a sprained neck. If anyone knows of golf safety equipment let me know...

Wow dude, that's brutal...

My advice: Drive next time.

ouch, have you ever dislocated your pinkie before? It must have hurt a bit finishing the round.

glad that you are ok. Perhaps the stars aligned for that brief period during those 4 pars. btw, how did you dislocate that pinkie?

i interlock and i must have hit the ground at some weird angle for the club to pop my pinkie joint out of the socket. It happened on impact and some of the fairways were probably still a little frozen from the night before as I was playing around 10:30 am so probably a combination of things. or it's a sign that maybe golf isn't for me. maybe i should stick with skydiving.

Not a worse weekend for myself but did live through my business partners bad weekend. Started with his daughters $30K horse dying on Friday, woke up Saturday and the family cat was dead then closed out Sunday with the pet hamster moving to the great beyond.

Sorry about that pinkie

I am really too old to try full contact golf, sorry about the rough weekend buddy.

That's rough. Has to get better from there.

My buddies dad broke his leg while swinging a fairway wood. He was an elderly gentlemen and lost his balance, fell, and SNAP...it was in his first week of retirement.

Hopefor300 - I would consider walking, or drive the cart yourself next time....hope the finger isn't too bad

My buddies dad broke his leg while swinging a fairway wood. He was an elderly gentlemen and lost his balance, fell, and SNAP...it was in his first week of retirement.

Not quite the same, but my dad saw someone tear all the ligaments in his knee - the ground was wet and he wasn't wearing spikes, swung the club and slipped due to the wet ground and made a mess of his knee, so I will never play golf without wearing spikes and when it is wet I will always make sure the spikes are able to get a grip before swinging

You might hit Ben Crane up on twitter I hear he can get you a deal on a golf helmet

Wow that is a brutal weekend. I once had a buddy have is shoulder pop out on the par three 17th. He has this happen a lot so it was not a big deal, I snatched it back in and limped through the last two holes. Also have seen a guy flip a cart in the parking lot so I know sh** can happen.

I'd say wear a football helmet.....but how do you dislocate a pinky finger swinging a 6 iron? :confused2:

Back