2013 THP Invitational Series #1 - Texas - Sponsored By Callaway Golf

Hotel recommendations:

For those looking for something very cheap, basically clean with a bed here is a decent offering: http://www.motel6.com/reservations/m...x?searchtype=C

This place should have a foldout couch where you could possibly sleep 3 adults: http://homewoodsuites3.hilton.com/en...FHW/index.html

This is going to be incredible! Awesome list of prizes including a kicker with the closest to the pins and a surprise still to be announced.

Guess I better PM GG now!!

Friday afternoon round - time TBD - TangleRidge Golf Course (11 golfers thus far)

Cookie
Nate
Tadashi70
RonInThornton
bulldog
TexasHacker34
ducmike
bhilton
pkielwa
hammer84
threeboysdad (maybe)

Sunday morning round - 9AM - Grapevine Municipal Golf Course (20 thus far)

Cookie
Nate
JeffReedMO
Ryan (friend of Jeff)
threeboysdad
RonInThornton
WestTex
jank1434
SharkHat
afwcardinal
Zeff
niteowl03
ROliver
dtak84
TrueFX
TBT
Bulldog
capt.dru
hammer84
staticline (maybe)
Maybe the kids...I mean boys from Callaway will play on Friday

Maybe the kids...I mean boys from Callaway will play on Friday

We will need to find out when they fly in to at least hopefully meet up with on Friday night before everything kicks off on Saturday. Friday golf would be great though!

Ok guys, Cookie is making a time tomorrow for Saturday....we'll check back on Friday to see where the weather stands.

Another day closer to this epic event. Taking nothing away from the first few but this has some bulk behind it. Plus people will witness the often talked about rarely seen Harry Arnett Golf swing.

Still much more to be released about this one from the pairings, to the Callaway team, to the Callaway competition. Getting more excited by the day!

Still much more to be released about this one from the pairings, to the Callaway team, to the Callaway competition. Getting more excited by the day!

Any inside scoop on any of that Cookie? Inquiring minds want to know!!

This is one time I can honestly say that I have no idea whatsoever!

The truth is out there. Man can't wait to get down there and play those courses.

It's get close to THP time. I know I'm getting excited. Playing a practice round this weekend and living on the range during the week. It can't happen soon enough for me.

I have an NCGA qualifier a couple of weeks before that and two more before the end of March so the THP Event fits in nicely to the overall routine. Fingers crossed for awesome weather!

I may have said this already, but if I have then it's a sentiment that bears repeating.

Every moment of my practice lately had been performed with the thought of this event in my mind. Every sweet shot hit increases my excitement that much more.

Thankfully, my excitement is growing rapidly.

Taking a tour around Tangle Ridge today with some of DFW THPer family. Going to let them show me the course. Be it the good side or the bad. I believe we have 6 of us from the invitational playing today.

Taking a tour around Tangle Ridge today with some of DFW THPer family. Going to let them show me the course. Be it the good side or the bad. I believe we have 6 of us from the invitational playing today.

Yes sir, today we find out how the course handles a few inches of rain. Planning in getting some more photos today so everyone gets an idea how the course is looking 5 weeks out!

Yes sir, today we find out how the course handles a few inches of rain. Planning in getting some more photos today so everyone gets an idea how the course is looking 5 weeks out!

2 inches last night? No way...I don't even think it was an inch?

Sun is out in my neck of the woods...gonna be nice today!

2 inches last night? No way...I don't even think it was an inch?

Sun is out in my neck of the woods...gonna be nice today!

I tend to exaggerate on the measurements. My bad.

I tend to exaggerate on the measurements. My bad.

Got about an inch up here. Sounded like more for sure. Looks like it's gonna be a great day to play.

I was planning on playing at the bridges after church, but now I will spend the afternoon repairing the damage the storm caused. Blew down 2 sections of my fence, partially blew apart my shed. There is stuff blown all over my back yard.

Got to play the invitational course today for the first time. This is going to be a fun place for this. I think Nate and cookie found a place that will challenge and reward all the golfers who are coming in for this. It will be a different course come March. The greens should be in great shape by then as they were long today, due to the r ain we had last night. There are some challenging holes and some great risk/reward holes to spice up a round. You two did a great job on the location. CAN'T WAIT UNTIL MARCH.

Got to play the invitational course today for the first time. This is going to be a fun place for this. I think Nate and cookie found a place that will challenge and reward all the golfers who are coming in for this. It will be a different course come March. The greens should be in great shape by then as they were long today, due to the r ain we had last night. There are some challenging holes and some great risk/reward holes to spice up a round. You two did a great job on the location. CAN'T WAIT UNTIL MARCH.

I agree! They did a great job by choosing this course. No more driver for me on those risk/reward holes. :D I have my work cut out for me to keep up with you guys. You guys can play! With some more practice with my new driver, I should be ready for March. Can't wait!

You just need time with the new stick. You were hitting some nice drives early. This course is going to a fun place for all.

Back