Official Rant of the Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need another cup of coffee - I stayed up too late.

The city is doing more road work in my neighborhood tomorrow, so we can't drive onto our street until after 5pm. They put a two-week notice on our doorsteps that a slurry seal was scheduled in early July, then canceled it the day of the work due to the threat of rain. It didn't rain at all that day, but everyone in the neighborhood had already parked on the streets a couple of blocks over the night before.

Then they scheduled the slurry seal two weeks later, giving one day's notice - in the form of signs quietly placed on all the parking strips - no doorstep notices. We all had to park our cars blocks away again the night before. That one took place as scheduled, but they ran over the 5pm timeframe. I ended up parking a couple of blocks away when I got home.

Yesterday, signs were place on the parking strips again, this time just saying "no parking from 7am to 5pm on Thursday 8/6". No explanation of what's being done (no striping was ever on our street, so I don't expect them to be striping again). We all have to park blocks away again tonight. :at-wits-end:

Humidity sucks! :banghead:

:banghead:Why do I insist on playing a game for which I clearly have no aptitude whatsoever? :banghead:

There is a chance of rain and I have a 5:30pm tee time tonight. I hate days like this - if it was raining now, I would cancel, but this not knowing makes me crazy.

I hate the continuous call of 'chance of showers' all the time. 30%, 40%, etc. Geez, it has the chance to rain all day but if I want to grab 9 after work, oh no I can'!!! I need to move to a more arid area of the country. San Diego perhaps?

There is a chance of rain and I have a 5:30 pm tee time tonight. I hate days like this - if it was raining now, I would cancel, but this not knowing makes me crazy.

Fixed that for you!

The water bill increased by almost 80% this month. :angry: This was the first bill for the new communist water regime. I already got turned in by one of the neighbors for watering on a off day. Next time is a fine and after that I believe they take your children. :act-up:

First the good news - the sun is out.

Now the other news - I bought those new premium M&M's, but they're just painted chocolate - there is no candy shell so how can they call themselves M&M's. What a rip-off. I'm very disappointed.

First the good news - the sun is out.

Now the other news - I bought those new premium M&M's, but they're just painted chocolate - there is no candy shell so how can they call themselves M&M's. What a rip-off. I'm very disappointed.

So they will melt in your hand????? That's not an M&M!!:banghead:

So they will melt in your hand????? That's not an M&M!!:banghead:

My point exactly. I can't microwave them either - they turn into a pool of chocolate.

My point exactly. I can't microwave them either - they turn into a pool of chocolate.

Wonder why? :confused2: :D

I will be playing in high wind speeds this evening. This means starting the ball out over houses, or water hazards, hoping the wind will bring my ball back into play. That, or those pesky, shorter knock downs that I should have practiced more......:cool:

Another day at the hospital, oh joy! Felt like garbage all night long, got up at 3:00 am because I couldn't sleep. Went to work & finally decided enough is enough. Spent the day at UW Hospital getting poked & prodded. Blood tests, x-rays, echocardiogram, EKG, etc etc.

End result of almost 7 hrs in the hospital? Nothing, nada, zilch. Heart appears to be in great condition, no leakage, no blockages, etc. That's great news but frustrating too as I want to know what he heck is going on.:at-wits-end:

Man, aren't we a sad, broken-down bunch?

(Yes, I'm including me and my shoulder.)

Man after my soccer tournament my right leg just gives out randomly while I'm walking. My groin is pulled on the left side. Oh and I dislocated my wrist.

Congrats on 2,500 posts 907!

photo-calripken2500.jpg

Manufacturers want us to use their equipment. They want us to advertise their equipment while showing their logos. Golf clothing manufacturers want us to wear, and advertise their golf clothing lines. Well today at the driving range, a golfer did exactly that.

At my home course we have a pretty decent size, real grass, driving range. They usually have 15 stations set up, which they move around, every day from area to area, which allows the grass to grow back in the previously used areas. If you get there late in the day, some, but not all of the stations are pretty well chewed up with divots.

A guy dressed to the 9s with all the appropriate manufacturers' emblems showing, with his logo'd cart bag, and logo'd hat shows up at the range. Apparently he was not impressed with the shape the grass was in at the driving stations. So what does he do? He sets up about 40 yards from the range stations, on some pretty good looking, unused turf to practice off of. The young man who was driving the ball retriever cart around went up to him, and explained he had to use one of the stations, that no one was allowed to practice off the grass in the area he was in. The rest of us, heard him tell the course employee that he does not practice off "used turf" because he is a "scratch player."

All the while this was going on, I am thinking here is a guy acting like this, while supporting various golf businesses. I am wondering how would a golf manufacturerer feel seeing someone acting like this, while showing off their gear. Obviously this is not manufacturers' problem, but it has been said that "the clothes, and equipment make the man" . ...LOL

Please tell us he couldn't swing to save his soul!

My damn internet is taking too long to load pages, not just this site but every site I try to view. I can't take it anymore, be back tomorrow.:banghead:

This site started having trouble as soon as the contest was over . . . at least on my end.

I only have problems (sometimes) loading this site. Can't tell you how many posts I have lost. I get a note saying "resolving host" what ever that means. All the other sites I visit load up just fine.:confused2:
My damn internet is taking too long to load pages, not just this site but every site I try to view. I can't take it anymore, be back tomorrow.:banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back