Mickelson will be at WGC

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Phil is returning just in time for Osahar for see him.

Woohoo! :banana:

Article:
http://www.pgatour.com/2009/tournaments/r476/07/28/mickelson.bridgestone/index.html

Mickelson says he will play in Bridgestone Invitational

Jul. 28, 2009

AKRON, Ohio -- Phil Mickelson committed Tuesday to play in next week's World Golf Championships-Bridgestone Invitational.

The tournament will mark Mickelson's first start since he tied for second at the U.S. Open. A two-time winner already in 2009, he has taken the last six weeks off while his wife Amy and mother Mary are treated for breast cancer.

One of Mickelson's two wins this year came at the World Golf Championships-CA Championship in March. He has competed in all 10 previous Bridgestone Invitationals and his best finish came in 1999 when he tied for second.

Mickelson has only played twice since he announced on May 20 that his wife had been diagnosed with breast cancer. Amy underwent surgery at the M.D. Anderson Cancer Center in Houston on July 1. Mickelson's mother was operated in the same facility 10 days later.

"It meant so much to me and Amy to be there with her," Mickelson said on his website in a posting on July 16.

Mickelson also said Amy's cancer had not spread to the lymph nodes which "improves our chances of beating this in the short and long term." His mother's pathology was due back this week.

"We're awaiting one test result that will influence Amy's treatment plan," Mickelson said. "The waiting and wondering sometimes can be the most difficult part but she has a very positive attitude and has handled all of this with her usual grace. I'm so proud of her."

Mickelson said he and the couple's three children were in Houston with Amy and "I know that helped speed up her emotional recovery. They bring her endless joy." He went on to say how much his family appreciates the outpouring of support.

"We continue to be overwhelmed with the support of our extended group of friends and family as well," Mickelson wrote. "The prayers, notes, articles, e-mails, texts, and packages get us through every day. We feel the support all around us.

"Our gratitude is hard to put into words."

I hope this is also an indication that Amy and Phil's mom are doing
well and feeling better.

Hope Phil does well this week. It would would make for some great TV for he and Tiger to be aired up on the weekend.

Whoops - somehow I missed this one and started another thread. Sorry JB.

Glad to have Phil back, and best wishes for Amy and Mary's continuing battle toward recovery.

Whoops - somehow I missed this one and started another thread. Sorry JB.

Glad to have Phil back, and best wishes for Amy and Mary's continuing battle toward recovery.

I deleted the other thread.

Glad to see Phil back also! Hopefully things are well with his Mother and Wife!

Back