Inspirational to see all to great work! I have a set that I won't be playing much if ever. But it's one I can't let go of. I think it's time to try my hand at it. Those J33's look sweet

Man, it's a ton of fun and is so much better than just burning a night in front of the television.

What irons are you thinking you might try it with?

I have a set of Ping ISI Nickel that just sit there, and soon I will have a set of mizzys that will be sitting too

I have a set of Ping ISI Nickel that just sit there, and soon I will have a set of mizzys that will be sitting too

Oh man, those Mizuno's would be awesome to paintfill. Lots of space in the MIZUNO so it should be an easy strip.

For the 15-20 bucks it costs to get the materials (citristrip, rubbing alcohol, q-tips, toothpicks, testors paint), I hope you go for it. Would love to see what you come up with.

Good stuff Dan. Those are pretty irons. I'm not gonna lie, I'd be tempted to leave those nekkid!

Nice fill Dan, I'll have to try the citristrip next time around.

Good stuff Dan. Those are pretty irons. I'm not gonna lie, I'd be tempted to leave those nekkid!

Yeah? I don't know why but raw never really did it for me. Also, I really don't know what they used, but the J in j33 stayed slightly gold because it didn't really appear to have paintfill in it. I don't know what they used, but I attempted to dig it out with a pin and it just scratched grey. Weird, but didn't cause a problem filling with red.

Yeah? I don't know why but raw never really did it for me. Also, I really don't know what they used, but the J in j33 stayed slightly gold because it didn't really appear to have paintfill in it. I don't know what they used, but I attempted to dig it out with a pin and it just scratched grey. Weird, but didn't cause a problem filling with red.

Different strokes. I love the clean looks of all the Bridgestone stuff. Good work either way! Good to know about the citrus strip stuff.

Different strokes. I love the clean looks of all the Bridgestone stuff. Good work either way! Good to know about the citrus strip stuff.

Agreed and thank you!! You're definitely not the only one either!

Blown away by the effectiveness of the Citrustrip and it sits on the clubhead without running while doing work. Easy as heck to wipe off, then run under the tap. I have been using an old tooth brush to get it all off before I go to town with a pin and it seems to be the most effective way.

Agreed and thank you!! You're definitely not the only one either!

Blown away by the effectiveness of the Citrustrip and it sits on the clubhead without running while doing work. Easy as heck to wipe off, then run under the tap. I have been using an old tooth brush to get it all off before I go to town with a pin and it seems to be the most effective way.

I picked up a set of dental pick like tools at Harbor Freight for $1.99, much more leverage than using a pin and just as pricise.

On my iPhone T.. T.. Tapatalking away!

I picked up a set of dental pick like tools at Harbor Freight for $1.99, much more leverage than using a pin and just as pricise.

I don't know what Harbor Freight is, but I'm sure the picks are common enough to buy around here.. I'll be looking it for sure, thanks Teed!

Great Job Dan!

Much appreciated!

I don't know what Harbor Freight is, but I'm sure the picks are common enough to buy around here.. I'll be looking it for sure, thanks Teed!

Google them. Can order online and they are freaking CHEAP! Love Harbor Freight.

Castor, it's awesome buddy. Worked like a charm for me.

Here's the final product on the 3 iron I was messing with.. Probably need to clean the B up a little bit, but I'm impressed with how decent it came out.

20130207_082518.jpg

Hotness!!

This is an awesome thread some really great work in here has me seriously pondering doing some work to my clubs. This should get me through the last couple weeks of winter.

Looks nice, Dan.

Much appreciated guys!! The creative juices are flowing for sure -- I need more paints!

This is an awesome thread some really great work in here has me seriously pondering doing some work to my clubs. This should get me through the last couple weeks of winter.

Dude it really is an awesome way to feed the golf appetite while the weather sucks. Sooo much better than just glazing over in front of the tv. What are you thinking about doing it to? Wedges? Putters? Irons?

Are you tossing on red grips?

The J40's with red paint fill, and red grips REL's would look sweet!

Are you tossing on red grips?

The J40's with red paint fill, and red grips REL's would look sweet!

Yeah dude. Red/white ferrules, black nickel KBS tours (with the red/black badges), red/white RELs, and the red paintfill. Going to look awesome.

Much appreciated guys!! The creative juices are flowing for sure -- I need more paints!

Dude it really is an awesome way to feed the golf appetite while the weather sucks. Sooo much better than just glazing over in front of the tv. What are you thinking about doing it to? Wedges? Putters? Irons?

I am still in ponder mode but definitely my irons, I want to clean up the look of them but don't wont to do too much as I will be getting new irons after this season. I just installed a new grip on my putter USA colors so I am thinking of making the putter all red white and blue.

Basically I want to figure out a color scheme and try and stick to that throughout the whole bag. So far I am thinking red and black.

As far as the winter blues go, I just replaced almost all the grips in my set myself so I am looking for any old project to do.

Yeah dude. Red/white ferrules, black nickel KBS tours (with the red/black badges), red/white RELs, and the red paintfill. Going to look awesome.

yes that certainly will, will you ahve them done by Saturday, Id like to see one?

I am still in ponder mode but definitely my irons, I want to clean up the look of them but don't wont to do too much as I will be getting new irons after this season. I just installed a new grip on my putter USA colors so I am thinking of making the putter all red white and blue.

Basically I want to figure out a color scheme and try and stick to that throughout the whole bag. So far I am thinking red and black.

As far as the winter blues go, I just replaced almost all the grips in my set myself so I am looking for any old project to do.

Nice!!! Love the tinkering ideas. The a7 should open lots of room for paintfill!

yes that certainly will, will you ahve them done by Saturday, Id like to see one?

Nah, I don't have the epoxy yet, or the wire brush I need to get it done. That'll happen Saturday and the install probably saturday night. Good stuff.

Nice!!! Love the tinkering ideas. The a7 should open lots of room for paintfill!

Yes sir you got that right! Gonna have to gather supplies and do some more reading before I get started.

Back