Scotty is Titleist just like Vokey is.

I know that but I just feel like he has is own thing going on...I heard a story that when Titleist was wooing him that he kept saying "no" because he just wanted to make putters and did not care about a brand name...then the CEO of Titleist took him out to dinner and handed him a blank check and told him to fill it out with the amount it would take for him to come over to Titleist. :moneymouth:Money talks:moneymouth:

I never heard anything like that from Titleist. The feeling was pretty mutual about them joining forces from what we have been told. I cannot imagine Fortune Brands ever giving out a blank check.

I never heard anything like that from Titleist. The feeling was pretty mutual about them joining forces from what we have been told. I cannot imagine Fortune Brands ever giving out a blank check.

I hear you but that is the story I heard. Oh well, if it went that way then good for Scotty :thumb:

Callaway FTI LCG
Callaway Big Bertha strong 4
Nike CPR Rescue
Ping I3 Irons
Cleveland CG10 Wedge
Taylormade Rossa Imola putter.

5... that's what shopping on craigslist and ebay does to ya...

Taylormade R580XD driver
Callaway X 2h (19*)
Callaway X 4h (24*)
Mizuno MX-25 4i-GW
Mizuno MP-R 56*/14
Mizuno MP-R 60*/5
Odyssey White Hot 2-Ball Blade

Thats 3 if you count Callaway and Odyssey as the same, which I think they are. Really thinking about a Niblick though (b-day:present: to self?), which would make it 4.

Mizuno ((woods), Titleist (wedges), TaylorMade (Hybrids), Cobra (irons - soon to be Callaway), Golfsmith (putter).

First post. I found this site by searching to see if Daiwa is still out there making golf equipment, google brought me here, thanks Craig Mac. I tracked down a lot of info on another site about them. I'm with Craig Mac on the putter. I use a hand me down Daiwa that my dad bought circa mid 80's. I have a ceiling with what I'll spend on a putter before my scores drop into the 70's and everything under that range, in the end, gets beaten out by that damn Daiwa blade from over two decades ago! (my initials are also CM, maybe we're unavoidably stuck with our putters for life Craig)

My bag is rather modest. I don't have much money for equipment so
I try and make do.

Nike Ignite Tour 460 9.5* stiff-flex driver
No woods or hybrids
Taylormade 360 stiff-flex rifle shaft irons 3-PW
Taylormade r7 SW
Cleveland hand me down custom fit who knows the angle LW
Daiwa who knows the model putter
Titleist, Nike, Bridgestone are the balls I like to play if I can find good refurbs.

That's it. Carry only 12 clubs. All together the value of my bag is worth less than my playing buddy's new driver.

I woud like to get a 3W or something like that for long shots. I can hit my 3 iron in the 220 range give or take 5 yards, but I would like something I can get a little more distance out of to try and attack par 5's, I feel like a 3W is that club.

Other than that I've toyed with the idea of getting a hybrid, but I can't see where I'd make use of one. I think I'll search for or start a thread for opinions. They seems to be in most every bag on this site. That has to be for a reason.

Look forward to hanging around the forums.

-chris

Welcome to THP Chris! Hope you enjoy it here.

Back