I wonder if this is a counterfit R1

Sounds suspicious to me...... He sent you a demo temporarily but didn't bother to mention this until you question the authenticity? This would make me very uncomfortable.

Where there is smoke there is fire!! I would ask for a full refund and send it all back. Was your hands of it and be done with this seller.

You can always dispute it and get your money back, and then report this seller to eBay and taylormade if possible, it looks shoddy to me

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

Here is the latest update I received from the seller

Okay....after looking into this.....what happened is I had not received the left hand R1 yet but the demo had just arrvied. I decided to send you the demo then replace that with the stock one when it arrives. (There is no differance in demo and stock). When putting the shaft with the head I thought I was the matching the correct shaft with that head. But after looking up the shaft that matches you are correct that the matching shaft is the 55 gram RIP Phenom "S" flex. I have that shaft in stock in a "S" flex as well and will be glad to stick that in the mail if you want to swap. Sorry AGAIN for the trouble. Good catch!

Little suspicious maybe, but the head and shaft look fine. Just a stage 2 shaft with a R1 head. I would get that shaft first, then go from there.

Hope he comes through for you Scarnici - you never know he may throw something else in for all yout trouble. If he sorts it out and goes out of his way to make it right you should give him a shout out so others know he's a good guy.

Hope it works out and that you've grabbed yourself a bargain.

So far he has been pretty accommodating and is keeping the lines of communication open. He is answering questions and is explaining himself in a timely manner. I sent an email to TM with the serial number that was on the club so I hope they give me some good news.

It did sounded shaky from the beginning but I'm glad he's making an effort to make it right. I hope this is just an honest mix-up and wish you get it resolved as quickly as possible.

hpefully he is just made a honest mistake and is trying to do what he can to make it right

Why that would be done from the start is unreal to me.

Accounts buy demo product for cheaper than standard product and because of that the warranties are void. Keep that in mind.

^Siri probably sucks.

Seems like a reasonable explanation and and honest mistake.

Wow that's really crazy to see this could happen. Like it was said previously, it's possible that if it is truly sent from Taylormade then it might have been mistakenly put together with 2 opposite club components. Hopefully you didn't get ripped off because I think I would freak out. I can only hope for the best for you. I'm sorry.

I think it sounds pretty legit. I would just keep in contact with him and know you can file a dispute anytime in the next few weeks. I've seen how busy some small pro shops can get, and it doesnt surprise me at all a club pro doesnt know exactly which shafts and tips go with which clubs when they have just been released.

As long has he makes it right, I'd be content honestly. Things happen occasionally and it seems like an honest mistake made by a guy trying to take care of a lot of things at one time and make sure everyone is happy. It can happen to the best of us and so far this guy sounds like he just made a booboo and is trying to make it right.

You can order the R1 or the Stage 2 with either the R1 or the Stage 2 shaft, I can see the mix up happening.

Something sounds fishy to me. I was getting fit this week at a TaylorMade performance lab and was hitting both the stage 2 and R1 drivers. They only had one x-stiff shaft and it was for the stage 2. The tech told me I would need to come back for a proper R1 fitting as the shafts between the 2 heads aren't interchangeable. Now I don't know if not interchangeable meant that it would't fit or that it would fit but because the adapters are different the settings are all out of whack between the 2.

I hope he is paying for all the return shipping you have to do.

You can order the R1 or the Stage 2 with either the R1 or the Stage 2 shaft, I can see the mix up happening.

You can order either shaft but if ordering for an R1 it will have the correct R1 tip.

This sounds seriously hokey to me. Hopefully it all works out, but if not make sure you go after this guy and his PGA status.

Wow. Really weird situation for sure. Definitely interested in how it works out for you. Good luck bud.

Here is the latest update. I didnt hear from him for almost a full day. I sent him 2 emails then they suddenly got kicked back to me as non deliverable. At this point I started to freak out a little bit and started the process with PayPal to dispute the transaction. He then emails me and says if I want a refund it's not a problem or he can send me out the correct shaft. He was apologetic about the emails getting kicked back and he is more than happy to issue me a refund. I guess I will call TM first thing Monday and have them verify the serial number.

Thanks for the responses and well wishes. It is really appreciated

I would certainly talk with TaylorMade, they can give you a lot of information on the clubs as far as authencity and also a lot of info on the person you bought the clubs from. I would do that first thing Monday for sure.

Like someone else said man, honest mistake or not I'd go for the refund and move on. Knowing that my brand new driver has been torn apart, pieced together, then torn apart and pieced back to together "correctly" would leave me feeling uneasy.

Like someone else said man, honest mistake or not I'd go for the refund and move on. Knowing that my brand new driver has been torn apart, pieced together, then torn apart and pieced back to together "correctly" would leave me feeling uneasy.

This. If he has offered a full refund I would thank him for doing so and take the money and find another retailer. Just way too many things going weird for me to feel comfortable with the whole situation.

This. If he has offered a full refund I would thank him for doing so and take the money and find another retailer. Just way too many things going weird for me to feel comfortable with the whole situation.
+1 I would obsess about it even if he sent the new shaft...Im OCD like that.

I would recommend getting your refund should be your priority at this point. There's many reputable seller to buy from. It's way too much hassle for just buying a club. I too in the past try to hunt for that incredible deal to save some $$. But after reading your experience, I just feel if you're going to spend this kind of money why not pay a little more to buy from trusted or authorized store. You know you're getting a REAL thing along with customer support and warranty. Think all the time you have missed which you could be playing golf with your new stick rather than getting stuck waiting for resolution. Sometimes I just don't think it's worth the money saved. I'd rather make that money doing my job.

Sorry you have to go thru such ordeal and wish you come out of it satisfactorily.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

Back