JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Just a quick shout out to our friends in the Northeast to stay safe and warm over the next few days. We are thinking about you.

Bunker down, boys and girls! And if you're in Boston, don't expect bail money for driving!

No doubt. That's a lot of snow.

what is the action of being stafe? :alien:

but seriously, hopefully it passes soon.. stay safe!

Hunker down folks!

Thanks guys. We have 8+ inches here with 8-10 more on the way.

Thinking about y'all, like JB said, stay warm and be safe.

I'm watching the news and the reporter is in Scituate MA and is wearing ski goggles. Good idea to stay inside. Were thinking of you guys

Bunker down, boys and girls! And if you're in Boston, don't expect bail money for driving!

The funny part is that if I wanted to drive, I could and would have no problems. Healthcare workers, first responders, and media are all exempt from the driving ban.

I just have to get through work tonight and then I'll be home for the rest of the weekend. Probably taking it easy on Saturday, but planning to go to a basketball game on Sunday!

Thanks JB! Not too horrible where I'm at. About a foot of snow total once the storm is over. How's everyone else in the NE doing?

Not too bad in Western PA, about 3 or 4 inches so far, but that freezing rain didn't do the roads any favors. The guys on the east coast are going to get the brunt of it.

The funny part is that if I wanted to drive, I could and would have no problems. Healthcare workers, first responders, and media are all exempt from the driving ban.

I just have to get through work tonight and then I'll be home for the rest of the weekend. Probably taking it easy on Saturday, but planning to go to a basketball game on Sunday!
As a former EMT, you'd have a hard time getting me to drive out in that for anything less than an echo (don't know if that's what they are in Boston).

As a former EMT, you'd have a hard time getting me to drive out in that for anything less than an echo (don't know if that's what they are in Boston).

I can understand that. I wasn't supposed to be here until midnight, left home just before 7 PM because the conditions were going to get worse after 8 PM.

Was going to drive down to the PGA SS to get a baseline on my R11 3W to compare to the RBZ stage 2 FW. Then common sense kicked in while I was shoveling the first 6 ins. of snow in my driveway. I'm a Missouri Mule, very hardheaded! Sometimes REAL stupid (just ask RKay, my wife).

Stay safe and warm! I hope y'all got plenty of provisions of the liquid type!

Good luck up there all. Stay safe.

All good here in central CT. The snow is flying but the lights are on and the woodstove is keeping everything toasty.

I have been playing with making a time-lapse video of the storm - an interim result is posted at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xD2n4pQf0v0. This video starts before 8AM and ends around 7:30PM -- and the storm is still cranking up so it's getting worse by the minute. It's like a snow hurricane. :)

The light on the deck won't stay on (sensor) but I'll leave the camera going to see what I can capture and check out the results tomorrow.

Ken

Pics or it didn't happen.

Kidding guys, stay safe! Snow storms can be a real pain!

Stay safe everyone! I have certainly had my fair share of snow this season

Thanks guys, pretty bad so far but I guess that means more time on THP :D. Tomorrow however, I'll be getting quite the workout shoveling.

Thanks for the concern everyone. We've got about a foot so far but that's just normal winter weather up here. I've got lots of wood, my internet is working and the snow is coming from the wrong direction to mess up my satellite signal. So life is pretty good right now. I'll save all the whining for tomorrow when I'm out in it all day with the snowblower.

Back