What Company Irks You?

Manufactures typically set the the iron number based on launch conditions and not loft of the club. They talk about it a little in the rocketbladz THP radio episode. If you look at specs between the AP2's, MP-59's, MB and MC the loft is different from set to set from manufacturer to manufacturer because they are looking four optimal launch angle, ball speed,ect.ect.ect.

No no no. This horse is dead and needs not to get beaten.

I don't like TM in general.
I also don't the prices of golf clubs.
I definitely don't like not have tee time on a sunny day

No no no. This horse is dead and needs not to get beaten.

Indeed it doesn't, but he is spot on.

Now all we need is a forging debate.

Take it to the proper threads people!

I did read it. Slowing down my reading speed doesn't lend your argument any more credibility.

So, aside from the fact that the USGA is the governing body, not the PGA, how are t
he 460CC and trampoline effect restrictions not regulation?

Well since you intend to pick me apart on every topic I have opinion about...

Should I have used USGA? Yes, pardon me. There is a PGA of America association though. And I think Tim Finchem is the Commissioner of the PGA. And I think players play on the PGA Tour not the USGA Tour.

And yes the Limits (i.e. regulation) for 460cc, trampoline, etc. are in fact regulations.

I said set a STANDARD. That is it. I didn't say regulate it. OEMs can make clubs however they want. But let people know what these companies are doing to increase distance because not everyone does know how they achieve these gains. It's real gains with deceiving means, IN MY OPINION...

But companies do publish lofts.

Not correct Ted Bishop is the president of the PGA.....Tim Finchem is head of the PGA Tour....two distinct groups all together.

Well since you intend to pick me apart on every topic I have opinion about...

Should I have used USGA? Yes, pardon me. There is a PGA of America association though. And I think Tim Finchem is the Commissioner of the PGA. And I think players play on the PGA Tour not the USGA Tour.

And yes the Limits (i.e. regulation) for 460cc, trampoline, etc. are in fact regulations.

I said set a STANDARD. That is it. I didn't say regulate it. OEMs can make clubs however they want. But let people know what these companies are doing to increase distance because not everyone does know how they achieve these gains. It's real gains with deceiving means, IN MY OPINION...

Every single one of them.

Wouldn't it be freaky to play with clubs where lofts weren't released?

You are correct. But it's up to the end user to decipher if Taylormade is correct, Callaway is correct, Mizuno is correct, etc.

All I would like to hear is someone say, "here is the STANDARD" and "here is what OUR IRONS ARE".

But the standard has been established in launch angle and spin, so companies stay within those parameters and increase the rest of their overall performance by doing so.. Is that wrong?

You are correct. But it's up to the end user to decipher if Taylormade is correct, Callaway is correct, Mizuno is correct, etc.

All I would like to hear is someone say, "here is the STANDARD" and "here is what OUR IRONS ARE".

I see what you are saying, but golf isnt Nascar. Different equipment is part of what I love about this game and I dont want that taken away.

Not correct Ted Bishop is the president of the PGA.....Tim Finchem is head of the PGA Tour....two distinct groups all together.

Really?? Why the picks guys?

Titleist and Ping only because their stuff is almost always exempt from any sales.

Totally 100% agree. I hate price fixing. It's like Apple's products

And that will remain the case for the rest of eternity. As it should.

You're still misunderstanding that loft is not the only factor in determining the number on the iron.

OK, seriously, if you want to have the damn loft debate some more, ANYONE, go BACK to yesterdays thread and get after it. This was not the intentions of this thread.

I see what you are saying, but golf isnt Nascar. Different equipment is part of what I love about this game and I dont want that taken away.

Ok, I buy that. I just think maybe "truth in advertising" is more what I'm looking for.

But the standard has been established in launch angle and spin, so companies stay within those parameters and increase the rest of their overall performance by doing so.. Is that wrong?

I apologize but I have not seen those standards. All I ever see is what companies publish with regard to lie, loft and length.

Wiggle - I'm not trying to pick on you. But you have different opinion, and I appreciate the discussion.

What if a company said "Here is our standard. And here is what their irons are."

Sorry JMan

Guys - there's already a thread on the loft/launch/standards topic, from yesterday I believe. How about we move that portion of the debate back to that thread and keep this one on topic? Thanks!

chas,
My friend I referenced in the 1st post said the exact same thing. He was speaking about the xFT wedge and said "I was told I would not have to buy new wedges again and only faceplates. Until 1 year later when they stop making them."

I am not sure I agree completely, but there certainly is a perception there and quite a few have it.

This cracked me up because I felt the same way.. Not that I'd keep the xFT's long enough to buy faceplates, but because it's so true..

The buy in for TaylorMade has become almost as ridiculous as the buy in for Titleist.

I don't care for Scratch golf. I don't know why, I just don't.
I agree with those who said loudmouth regarding their ridiculousness.
I used to hate everything about Callaway but their last two seasons were phenomenal.
I also used to hate Ping, but I don't want JRod to be mad at me so I'll just leave them at ehhh.

Frogger Golf irks me as well, their customer service BOTH times I've dealt with them has been pure rubbish.

This is like trying to nail Jell-O to a wall. Deleted

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

OK, seriously, if you want to have the damn loft debate some more, ANYONE, go BACK to yesterdays thread and get after it. This was not the intentions of this thread.

We could if it wasn't locked.

This is like trying to nail Jell-O to a wall. I can't believe he diverted another thread into this.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

Dude, no need for anyone to pile on or single out. THP is bigger than that, one person didn't do this, a GROUP of people did. Period.

We could if it wasn't locked.

There is a simple solution there and YOU know it. Make the thread. That isn't what this one was intended for.

There is a simple solution there and YOU know it. Make the thread. That isn't what this one was intended for.

'tis done

Back