Weekend of August 8-9

Smallville

#ICanHitADraw
Reaction score
Handicap
In Flux
This almost was forgotten by everyone!

I am recuperating my back. No golf this weekend, grrrr. No range, nothing. I will just be taking it easy. It's better but not all the way there yet.

I may mow, shouldn't have to do any twisting to get that done!

I know the feeling. Had a back issue earlier this week. Kinda warm out here for mowing unless you get it done early in the am. With all this wind not sure I would want to play, my ball will go more right than it normally does.

Last night my girlfriend and I went out for a fishfry. I had to work from 5am-10am this morning and if it quits raining we around headed up to Madison to Vitense for some mini golf and some driving range time.
Vitense has a special event going on this weekend with super cheap rates. George Vitense Golf Academy They are charging $2 for a round on any of their 3 18-hole mini golf courses, or a round on their par 3 course or for a large bucket of range balls. Like I said, SUPER cheap rates.
After that, Im going car shopping with one of my girlfriend's friends. He is looking for a new car and is interested in a BMW. He knows that I know a lot about cars, so he asked if I would go with him just to kind of give him a 2nd opinion. Im hoping to steer him towards a Lexus, but we'll see. No matter what happens, I will give him my honest opinion and let him make the decision for himself. Its his money afterall and I want him to end up with a vehicle that he will be happy with.
On Sunday, my girlfriend and I are going to the Wisconsin state fair. It should be a good time, you would believe all the choices they have for food on a stick!

Should finally be getting a membership this weekend. w00t.

I haven't even looked at my golf clubs in 2 weeks.

I'm at work today.

Will be here tomorrow too.

I went to bed last night before 21:00.

I'm such a loser...

That reads a bit like a haiku, huh?

Grocery shopping today..real exciting.

Tomorrow will be a rd with friends at Lawsonia, we are playing the Woodlands course.

Went to the par 3 muni yesterday evening, to see if I could groove the latest swing changes. Liked what was happening.

This afternoon, Hubby and I walked and carried for 18 holes at the club. We're lucky enough to have two courses, and we played the hilly one. I think it's the harder of the two, because of all the elevation changes. (The other is rated harder, because the fairways are narrow and tree lined, but it's pretty flat.) It was fun, and very tiring. Dinner on the patio afterwards. Nice day.

Hope to hit the range tomorrow, to keep working on the latest changes. It's supposed to be hot and muggy--typical August. Just so long as the rain holds off.

Ice and BioFreeze. A steady diet of it continuing into tomorrow. Feeling better all the time. Still gotta mow though. Probably early, like about 8:00. Hope the neighbors understand.

Went to the range today, hit 2 buckets and then planned for 18 holes but for some reason got absolutely exhausted and went home. I was just snap hooking my drives the whole time at the range. So I have a tee time tomorrow but not looking forward to it. Forunately its a short course, so I think I am going to leave the driver in the bag.

Ice and BioFreeze. A steady diet of it continuing into tomorrow. Feeling better all the time. Still gotta mow though. Probably early, like about 8:00. Hope the neighbors understand.

If you have understanding neighbors.....why mow?

I think you need to take care of that back.....relax

Actually not mowing 'til we get back from the store. Probably about 11:00 or noon. Gotta mow though, it's getting high and it's supposed to rain on Monday and Tuesday so it will just be worse next weekend. Back actually feels pretty good this morning.

We were able to get 9 in this morning before the storms hit. Gosh - it was humid out there though. Funny thing - I teed off at the same time both yesterday and today - 6:48am - took 20 minutes longer today. Amazing.

Very humid today, feels like being in deepest darkest Mississippi:D

Humid and threatening as well, but Hubby made us plans to play at the muni in an hour. Should be interesting--remains to be seen if the storms will break before tee time.

Jacqui actually went out and mowed for me at about 9:30 or so. I love my wife!

hottest & muggiest day year to date

hottest & muggiest day year to date

Got rained out of an ASGA golf outing yesterday. Gracie (labrador) and I held the couch down all day so it wouldn't get away.

Played in a fund raiser scramble today (brutal). Started at 8:30am and in typical scramble fashion I didn't leave the course till 4pm. Too hot to do yard work.

Back