So You Try To Do Something Nice For Someone...............

revrat

Reaction score
Handicap
.....and you get it thrown in your face.

I was out today playing as a single, and had a cart because there was a real good rate on the internet for my course, so I rode. On the 13th hole, I came upon an elderly couple whose cart had broken down. Being the nice guy that I am, I told them they could take my cart back to the barn, and send the course maintenence guy out with another after they got a replacement, and I'd walk until he came by with a cart. Now mind you I had my cart bag dang near loaded with provisions for four nights in the field, as is normally the case when I'm riding. Of course, nobody ever came back with a cart. I was a bit miffed after the round when I saw said elderly couple knocking back cocktails at the clubhouse after I lugged that bag (which by the way has about 0% of the normal ergonomic design features you'd expect to see on a carry bag) for the rest of my round. I sarcastically told them thanks for sending the course guy back to get me, and they actually told me they didn't want to take the time to go to the barn and back out on the course to do it, so they just finished their round off and then told the clubhouse guy the other cart was broken down on 13. I swear, I have respect for most old folks, but I could have choked the life out of these two. Anyway, try to do something nice. You may get thanks, you may get hosed.

Karma man. Something good will come your way and something not so good will find it's way to them. Don't let them get to ya. You did a nice thing and I think they are in the minority not going back to get you a cart. Cheers for doing a good deed.

I have to admit, I'm somewhat dumbfounded at this. I've heard of some low-life things happening, but this takes the cake. Just don't let it keep you from helping the next guy down the road. If you see those guys in need again, just tell them to call the pro shop with their cell phones or you can call for them if you have your phone.

It's a shame that they didn't repay the favor. I hope their laziness doesn't stop you from doing something nice in the future.

The good deed itself should be the repayment.

That's some lazy people!

Yup, unfortunately you can't judge people based on how they appear. They could have probably cared way less that you were being generous and actually being considerate.
Unfortunately that's how the cookie crumbles :/

That's pretty messed up man.. You'd think a younger individual doing something like that for them would have impressed them enough, but apparently not..

Lesson learned though.. From now on, offer to call the clubhouse for them and play through!! hahaha

Wow. You did the right thing man. I agree with the karma comment, both for you and for them. We need more people like you and less people like them. Don't let their behaviour demean yours. You are the example that we want to hold up to our kids.

That really sucks man, in the end you know you did the honorable thing, but next time you see an individual in need like that, drive by them and give them the number to the pro shop haha

That really sucks man, in the end you know you did the honorable thing, but next time you see an individual in need like that, drive by them and give them the number to the pro shop haha
Or call the pro shop yourself and tell them what happened

I do so much for ederly people or people who have or are serving in any military service, and still help others as well in general, and this is the stuff I talk about in life, you give someone a inch , and they take a mile.....then drive by you and flip you the bird pretty much in your face! That's a shame and atleast you did a thing of honor and it is something I would do, and that is about the same luck I would usually have as well!

What matters is YOU did the right thing. Much respect, revrat.

Kudos to you for doing something nice for an older couple, it's very gratifying to do a good deed even if it's at your expense sometimes.

I future point and laugh at them. It's much easier then lugging a bag around the course.

Very nice of you, very d-bag-ish of them. Unfortunate, but c'est la vie. Just try not to let it prevent you from being nice the next time around...

Good on you, shame on them, can't believe they said they couldn't be bothered! Unbelievable but as others have said more like you and less like them!

You did good out there, and it's unfortunate that they didn't follow your lead, messed up, but you can always go ahead thinking that you did the right thing. What's passed is passed, and you continue to do as you feel right. That's what good people do.

wow, thats unbelievable BS. I've had couple situations in my life that similar hppened. Not golf related but got scrwewed just the same. But truth is (like me) you will probably do it again. Perhaps not for them but for others because its in your nature. I almost want to apologize to you myself on behalf of society because there are less and less good natured sacrificng people around nowadays. Perhaps they grew up the "entitled ones" thier whole life.

Now that is just straight disrespectful...Its not even laziness.

that's pretty messed up.
and just think, had you driven past them and not said a word, they woulda mother F'd you all over the place and quite possibly complained about you back at the clubhouse...yet, they don't have the common decency to do you a favor when you bail them out.
trust in karma then i guess...kudos on you for helping out and next time you see them, just hit into them!

Nice try on helping the elderly couple. It's your responsibility to cater to them, didn't you know that? I would have been miffed too. I guess next time you see them you will probably do the same thing. Someone is watching...

You can only control your own actions. You did the right thing and you should take comfort in that. Keep doing the right thing and you can at least always look at yourself in the mirror and be proud. Feel sorry for douches like that as they have to live with themselves

Good on you for doing the right thing. Unfortunately the kindness you showed was not returned in kind.

It's a shame that they didn't repay the favor. I hope their laziness doesn't stop you from doing something nice in the future.

The good deed itself should be the repayment.

Well said, I agree 100%

Back