Ok folks, got a question regarding grips

I have just had an email newsletter from Direct Golf with offers on golf grips and fitting so I was wondering which ones that people would tend to recommend

A couple of examples listed in the email are

Golf Locker Tour Velvet
Lamkin Performance Plus
Winn DSI
Selection of Golf Pride

Are there any that people would specifically recommend, or avoid?

Cheers

Do yourself a favor and drop the cash on some Golf Pride Z Cords...I am just waiting for them to come out in Midsize and they are going on all my irons for sure! I do not know what size you play but the wraps of tape under a lot of grips to build it up to a midsize grip on any grips really make them to firm for my liking. Or even the Multicompound New Decade grips, especially if you can get your hands on the original ones before the whiteouts and the new ones with the BCT technology which are not as good by a long shot, I do not think I am the only one who shares that feling.

Original Tour Velvet Cords are awesome as well (NON BCT), I can not play non cord or non hybrid grips at all due to my medical issue in my hands that cause them to sweat bad so I need cord in my grips to an extent, but i can use on my woods Iomic Sticky or my personal favorite Japan No.1 50 Series Grips! Pure grips are nice but I have not had them on any clubs but it comes down to really how firm of a grip you want! I use a Midsize grip as I have larger hands plus some use them or Jumbo grips to help not have to squeeze as hard plus I use the Bionic Glove to my grip is very light and even some firmer grips do not feel as firm to me as others but whatever feels best in your hands is what its about!

I can say this, i was never one to be able to pick a grip up without them being installed on my clubs and say I like a grip! i have to have them installed before deciding if I am a fan of a particular grip. Hope you find what your looking for! Got a great Promo Code for 20% off any grips off a particular website if you decide what you want and they have a good bit of everything I listed and others as well! Feel free to PM me.

I think the tour wraps are ok but if they get wet they're almost unplayable, IMO.

I had these before on my iron set years ago as they were suppose to help my hands with being sweaty as they were suppose to be tacky. Well needless to say when they get when they are as good as no grips and holding onto steel! I have had clubs go flying out my hands with tour wraps. If you have really dry skin/hands and not playing in wet conditions as stated they are ok i guess, still not for me, but once wet......forget about it!

Cheers for the replies folks, I will get myself down to the store and see what I can try out

Also side note gotta ask. I notice your username is "The Doctor" based on your avatar is that for the GOAT Valentino?

I am a biker, hence the avatar with the joke text, and a fan of MotoGP, but the username is actually my in-game nickname from when I used to play CS:S a number of years ago and I was called a 'clinical' player, so seeing as there was someone on our regular server with a nickname of The Janitor, I decided on The Doctor, so it is kind of a coincidence really

It was a shame to see Valentino suffer on the Duke, but at the same time I do think that him and his crew will be a bit embarrassed about their claims of being able to sort the bike out and make it competitive although I reckon Ducati didn't help themselves, so with the retirement of Stoner, I hope that Valentino can get back to the front of the pack on the Yamaha to make it more than just a Pedrosa/Lorenzo fight for the title this year

Cheers for the replies folks, I will get myself down to the store and see what I can try out

I am a biker, hence the avatar with the joke text, and a fan of MotoGP, but the username is actually my in-game nickname from when I used to play CS:S a number of years ago and I was called a 'clinical' player, so seeing as there was someone on our regular server with a nickname of The Janitor, I decided on The Doctor, so it is kind of a coincidence really

It was a shame to see Valentino suffer on the Duke, but at the same time I do think that him and his crew will be a bit embarrassed about their claims of being able to sort the bike out and make it competitive although I reckon Ducati didn't help themselves, so with the retirement of Stoner, I hope that Valentino can get back to the front of the pack on the Yamaha to make it more than just a Pedrosa/Lorenzo fight for the title this year

I agree on all accounts. You should hit up the motorcycle thread and we can chat up about MotoGP and WSBK.

Ok folks, got a question regarding grips

I have just had an email newsletter from Direct Golf with offers on golf grips and fitting so I was wondering which ones that people would tend to recommend

A couple of examples listed in the email are

Golf Locker Tour Velvet
Lamkin Performance Plus
Winn DSI
Selection of Golf Pride

Are there any that people would specifically recommend, or avoid?

Cheers

I am a huge huge huge fan of the Lamkin RELs... Nearly half the price of NDMCs and they look and feel great!

Hard to beat the old faithful tour velvet from GP

Was always a Tour Velvet player until I tried the Lamkin 3GEN grips and would never go back. Super comfortable in all conditions.

Cheers for the rest of the replies folks, I will bear them in mind when I get a chance to go and have a look :thumb:

If you wand a wrap, PURE Old School Wrap is the best there is.

THPing on Tapatalk

Back