I have been using testors and wiping down with rubbing alcohol prior to getting going. Worked wonders.

Found it at Michaels art store. And yes, I get weird looks from my wife when I say we're stopping there.

Lol, my girlfriend does the same... She now lets me know when they are on sale though so I cound that as a small "win" in my book!

All these recent wedge paint fills make me drool, great job guys

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

I decided the dark blue in the wedge wasn't working for me so I went sky blue instead... 54* is in process right now, but here are the others..

20130212_171126.jpg

Nice job on the wedges Canada. Like that color of blue.

I decided the dark blue in the wedge wasn't working for me so I went sky blue instead... 54* is in process right now, but here are the others..

20130212_171126.jpg

Damn very nice man. They look great.

Dan, those look awful. Must be because you're from Ohio.

20130212_171126.jpg

That blue in the SeeMore would be sick.

That blue in the SeeMore would be sick.

haha, SeeMore RST is taking a bath in some citristrip right now!!!! That's exactly the plan.

Dan, those look awful. Must be because you're from Ohio.

Ouch man, not only do you chirp my paintfill, you claim I'm from Ohio!!!!!! BLARGH!

Ouch man, not only do you chirp my paintfill, you claim I'm from Ohio!!!!!! BLARGH!
Well you certainly don't live in Canada right now!

Off to the basement to do some more paint fill. Will update once I'm done with pictures.

Having trouble getting the paint to stick in the Vokey's. Every time I go to wipe off the excess I bring the paint up that I want to stay.

Having trouble getting the paint to stick in the Vokey's. Every time I go to wipe off the excess I bring the paint up that I want to stay.
That was my problem. Let it sit a bit before you start wiping. I touched up with a Q-Tip, too.

That was my problem. Let it sit a bit before you start wiping. I touched up with a Q-Tip, too.

Agree, let it set before you try to remove the extra.

What are you using to wipe? Are you prepping the area at all?

What are you using to wipe? Are you prepping the area at all?

Microfiber detailing cloth with a tiny bit of paint thinner on it. It worked really well with the PW last night. Not so much tonight. As far as prepping, just cleaned with crystal glass cleaner, dried thoroughly, and cotton balled it down with rubbing alcohol.

Microfiber detailing cloth with a tiny bit of paint thinner on it. It worked really well with the PW last night. Not so much tonight. As far as prepping, just cleaned with crystal glass cleaner, dried thoroughly, and cotton balled it down with rubbing alcohol.

Maybe the cloth is getting into the grooves? Of course maybe it's also a vokey finish issue..

I have been using a folded paper towel with the intent of only rolling over top of the areas and it's worked really well.

Maybe the cloth is getting into the grooves? Of course maybe it's also a vokey finish issue..

I have been using a folded paper towel with the intent of only rolling over top of the areas and it's worked really well.

That's what I'm thinking is its the cloth. I'll try a paper towel or q tip.

I used the paper towel and still had the issue sometimes.

I used the paper towel and still had the issue sometimes.

The first club I did, I used a plastic scraper (something totally flat) to scrap overtop the areas and clear most of the paint and then let it dry.

Once it sat for a while, I then went over with a Q-tip and it seemed to work really well..

Just some more food for thought. I'm sure you'll get it man!

Think I got it. The paper towel definitely worked for me.
qage4uju.jpg

7a8ysyja.jpg

What do ya think?

Think I got it. The paper towel definitely worked for me.

What do ya think?

Yep...found paper towel, or those blue towels for the garage work great when folded like four times. That wedge looks freakin hot!

Thanks guys! I only get time to do about one club a day by the time I get home because I like to make sure I do it right but I'm hooked!

Man, that is such an awesome green!! I love it.

Thanks! I actually bought two different greens knowing I wanted the "lime" green but wasn't sure how this would show up on the clubs. Needless to say I'm very happy with it!

Back