Matrix 6Q3 "Red Tie" Shaft - THP Preview

Wow, love the engraving! Would be great in a hybo it sounds

On my iPhone T.. T.. Tapatalking away!

this is one that really interests me so I'm looking forward to your updates Jman.

this is one that really interests me so I'm looking forward to your updates Jman.

Me too buddy, I'm eager to get after it. Incredibly eager.

Put a yellow grip on it to get the full affect of the Colossus XHot.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

It looks amazing, I can't wait to see more!

Really interested in your thoughts Jman. What head you putting it in

That engraving is awesome! I think this shaft might be right up my alley, this is one I am considering for the J40. Can't wait to hear more about it!

Put a yellow grip on it to get the full affect of the Colossus XHot.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Ha! Nah, I'll be going with the spare VDR I have.

Really interested in your thoughts Jman. What head you putting it in

As I mentioned earlier it'll be the XHot and RAZR Fit 11.5's. Should be a solid start to it, though I am automatically thinking fairway, I definitely want to try it in the driver first and foremost.

Whoa! I didn't even notice the THP engraving on my first skim. That is seriously slick!

As I mentioned earlier it'll be the XHot and RAZR Fit 11.5's. Should be a solid start to it, though I am automatically thinking fairway, I definitely want to try it in the driver first and foremost.

So both drivers will be 11.5? or the Fit? Just want to make sure I'm comprehending that right, sorry.

Caught me skimming. The builder who put my R11 stuff together speaks highly of the tie shafts

So both drivers will be 11.5? or the Fit? Just want to make sure I'm comprehending that right, sorry.
Both. I believe in high loft! :alien:

It has legitimately changed my game.
Caught me skimming. The builder who put my R11 stuff together speaks highly of the tie shafts
Haha, no worries dude! Matrix has some phenomenal R&D!

Both. I believe in high loft! :alien:

It has legitimately changed my game.

Haha, no worries dude! Matrix has some phenomenal R&D!

I want to catch a day and compare it to my AXE

hot damn that is a nice looking shaft. mid/mid sounds intriguing. I have yet to hit a matrix shaft but hope to change that at the outing. Really interested in your thoughts on this one!!

Fantastic looking shaft there Jman. I am looking forward to your thoughts on this. Especially if turns out to be a great FW shaft. I am wanting to go with a new one and will be looking into shaft options soon.

I don't think it should be written off as a driver shaft just yet, I had the same initial thoughts as many but it is part of their fitting system for a reason. I'll be curious to see how it does.

On that note I did just finish trimming the shaft and installing the adapter. Final weight? 63g.

I don't think it should be written off as a driver shaft just yet, I had the same initial thoughts as many but it is part of their fitting system for a reason. I'll be curious to see how it does.

On that note I did just finish trimming the shaft and installing the adapter. Final weight? 63g.

That weight includes shaft + adapter (no grip)?

That weight includes shaft + adapter (no grip)?

Nope, I don't weigh them with the adapter or the grip, just the finished weight after cutting down from raw. Just as you would a shaft that you put into a glue in clubhead. Some do, I don't, once screwed in I consider that part of the head.

Nope, I don't weigh them with the adapter or the grip, just the finished weight after cutting down from raw. Just as you would a shaft that you put into a glue in clubhead. Some do, I don't, once screwed in I consider that part of the head.

That's what I originally figured, just got a bit confused with how you structured it.. I would think those adapters are at least 20-30 grams eh?

That's what I originally figured, just got a bit confused with how you structured it.. I would think those adapters are at least 20-30 grams eh?
Nah, 10g on the nose, including the ferrule.

I love matrix shaft i have a Black Tie i also love the RUL in my 3 wood I bet the red tie would be a great in between the Black Tie and my Kai'li

Very nice start to this one Jman! The mid launch / mid spin is definitely intriguing. Could it possibly be the best of everything paired with a higher lofted head maybe like 11*?

I am digging the red, not too busy with text/graphics and a nice color to it. The etching of "The Hackers Paradise" on there is sweet, right up your alley!!

Looking forward to the thoughts man.

It's freaking gorgeous in hand. Interestingly enough it doesn't have the matte finish like the White/Black Tie, which is a but curious, but it's still astounding looking.

Adapter is cured, getting out Sunday with it, I'll shoot some installed pics when I get home today from work!

I'll be interested to hear how this rates on a stiffness scale compared to the White Tie, Jman.

I'll be interested to hear how this rates on a stiffness scale compared to the White Tie, Jman.

Me too dude, it's one of many things swirling in my noggin!

Back