Funny stuff that happened to you at a THP Outing?

Ole Gray

Mayor of the Woodshed
Reaction score
Handicap
Average
What is some of the funniest stuff to ever happen to you at an official THP Outing or local Get Together?

I remember at the 1st or 2nd outing I attended when one of the guys asked me, if I was really a Mayor :D?

Wore a woman's blouse (very well I might add) to the Friday demo day.

Skittle getting jacked up for some fairway foreplay in St. Louis. No pun.

At the 1st outing @ PGA National. Had a few too many Sweet Tea Vodka drinks with One-T, Uncle Daddy, Yoccos, Spanks, and Fildini. I got back to my room safe and sound at the wee hours of the AM. Around 3:30 I came to and noticed that I was in the elevator in the main lobby. No clue how I got there. I think what happened was I went to go to the bathroom and took a wrong turn out of my room. Luckily my wife let me back in the room that night because I did not have a key.

Oh goodness this one could be a huge thread. I will have to put some time into thinking about this one, but off the top of my head here are a few.

Golden Ticket
Vanilla Cup
My 2nd knee cap on my shin
GG fearing a turtle
One-T's first tee with Moira in attendance
Jrod and I laughing after the fact at "building sandcastles" at 1st Morgan Cup
Shanking 3 in the water in a row at par 3 contest
Every long putt contest
Basketball with Buckjob and ddec in Atlantic City
Cookie's blouse
Ddec taking one in the chest off a tree
Shanks off the launch monitor at outings
OG missing the 1st fairway on the new course
The wind at PGA National during the Bear Trap holes
Finding a pool table in our room at PGA National
Lamar from Revenge of the Nerds during Villa Crawl

I could be here all night typing, but will have to come back as the memories come.

Me personally would be staying up until 5 am the day before the Des Moines invitational sharing beverages with random people at my hotel

TapaTalk from the iPhone

At the 1st outing @ PGA National. Had a few too many Sweet Tea Vodka drinks with One-T, Uncle Daddy, Yoccos, Spanks, and Fildini. I got back to my room safe and sound at the wee hours of the AM. Around 3:30 I came to and noticed that I was in the elevator in the main lobby. No clue how I got there. I think what happened was I went to go to the bathroom and took a wrong turn out of my room. Luckily my wife let me back in the room that night because I did not have a key.

This one will go down as an all time favorite! :laughing::rofl:

Ice Jacking an Escalade.
Almost killing JB while he was in the cart.
Cookie yelling in my swing and me wanting to choke him.
Marshall in Dallas telling us about driving on "Prime landing real-estate" and needing to move.
Iowa parking lot.

Lots more.

Shared a room with bullfrog

Bridgeslapping!

Well, during a round with a couple THPers, the Ditch Boy incident....

...and thusly when the Tour Van hit AC, JB having to remind me of said incident...

The future Loudmouth takeover of the Outing and Demo Day will be a funny one for sure.

One T mcing the closest to the hole contest.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

This makes me excited for my first THP event haha

My conversation with One-T around 10:30 pm when we were headed back to our room at the PGA National and he was trying to get Ole Gray to stay down and party.

My conversation with One-T around 10:30 pm when we were headed back to our room at the PGA National and he was trying to get Ole Gray to stay down and party.

Hmmmmm something about the 3 minute man maybe :D

Ice Jacking an Escalade.
Almost killing JB while he was in the cart.
Cookie yelling in my swing and me wanting to choke him.
Marshall in Dallas telling us about driving on "Prime landing real-estate" and needing to move.
Iowa parking lot.

Lots more.

I did not yell. Just warned you it was not safe to hit. :D

Oh! I almost forgot.

Chunky and I were going to be playing on the same scramble team at the PGA National and had become smack talking buddies on the forum. We were in the lobby at the PGA National and Ole Gray says "there's Chunkylover over there". I was excited about finally meeting him in person so I go over and introduce myself and give him a friendly hug. There was another man and woman with him. There was an awkward moment or two so I just kind of walked away and mingled with others. A few minutes later, Ole Gray told me he had made a mistake and that was not Chunky!

So I went over and met the REAL Chunky later. Much more comfortable introduction. Later that evening, the imposter Chunky, his wife and friend came walking by us in the lobby. I stopped them and explained what had happened. They got a big kick out of it and his wife even took a picture of me with her husband.

My playing Sunday partners waiting for me to laugh or throw a tantrum after shanking a iron on a par 3 at Ohio last fall.

When I started laughing they both busted out!

Oh! I almost forgot.

Chunky and I were going to be playing on the same scramble team at the PGA National and had become smack talking buddies on the forum. We were in the lobby at the PGA National and Ole Gray says "there's Chunkylover over there". I was excited about finally meeting him in person so I go over and introduce myself and give him a friendly hug. There was another man and woman with him. There was an awkward moment or two so I just kind of walked away and mingled with others. A few minutes later, Ole Gray told me he had made a mistake and that was not Chunky!

So I went over and met the REAL Chunky later. Much more comfortable introduction. Later that evening, the imposter Chunky, his wife and friend came walking by us in the lobby. I stopped them and explained what had happened. They got a big kick out of it and his wife even took a picture of me with her husband.
Haha, sure it was a mistake. This is a good one

Except that was the second outing! The first outing was at Sarasota National and another course I can't remember the name!

JB had me believing he was going to give me his dog Duke. At the time I was not in to the owning a dog mode. I think KellyBo put him up to it but not sure. I walked up to the Tour Van and he said I got your dog for you to take home with ya. He rolled me in hook, line, and sinker. KellyBo and Morgan were about to bust however JB goes through this spill and is freaking me out big time!:bulgy-eyes:

Back