Callaway - poor response from customer service.

Other than not getting the answer that you wanted, how is that poor customer service? Customer service reps are not web application developers, and they offered you the opportunity of calling in for live assistance.

I would have asked this too. Maybe they wanted to give you "personal" customer service

When I first saw the title, I thought it was a knock on the company as a whole, not just golf balls. Words are often misunderstood and taken out of context. Lord knows KellyBo gets on to me about my words. I can see why as most of them don't make much sense :bulgy-eyes:.

While I don't think this should have been taken as poor customer service, I can understand being frustrated with emailing wanting an answer and being asked to call in. I don't like to call people unless I know them reasonably well. I'm weird like that (don't even call for pizza). So if I'm taking the time to find an email address to email, I would hope they would have understood that if I wanted to call, I would have.

However, I've run into similar situations enough that typically another emailing explaining I would prefer to have the information emailed to me, and usually they're pretty OK with that.

I see NO issue here. I'd much rather talk with a Rep. then look at some silly chart.

doc

I don't know what else to add. The customer service at Callaway seemed top notch. The product knowledge and information available on the website, not so much.

If there was only a company that offered an online ball fitting module with live support available to answer questions.

Callaway has the top notch customer service out there! I have dealt with their personal pre owned department, the headquarters customer care, reshafting department! I have had nothing but people bend over backwards for me to answer questions and even had the Customer service Manager at headquarters have my Razr Fit Xtreme custom built for me and went out of her way to do it which that is not even her thing she does in her daily duties, that email did not seem like bad service just not getting the answer you wanted!

I don't know what else to add. The customer service at Callaway seemed top notch. The product knowledge and information available on the website, not so much.

If there was only a company that offered an online ball fitting module with live support available to answer questions.

I see what you did there haha

I will add to this, I have talked to Callaway on multiple occasions and even gone to their headquarters, and have had nothing but positive experiences. They have got me in for a custom fitting when they should have been closing, their phone customer service is top notch, with...you guessed it, AMERICAN customer service agents, and are always very knowledgeable.

Dan

I've gotten a similar response when I emailed Callaway. When I finally picked up the phone and called, they were very helpful.

I can see why you are frustrated. Perhaps in line with the posts above - I am not sure that it is a customer service issue - I see it more as Callaway being a little behind the curve. Some people much prefer to talk to someone. Some don't. I suspect that you, like me would like some information in front of you that you can mull over - to help you formulate the questions that you want answered BEFORE you talk to someone.
The Callaway 'offering' as it were, is therefore less attractive to you than some of the other guys who do have ball selectors. If I were Callaway - I would be concerned that you have presented me with a 'hot' lead to make a sale - but that I have put myself at a disadvantage in terms of selling to you.
On the other hand - I would still give them a call - perhaps they do stock the perfect ball for you!

Not so long ago (mid last year), I wound up with a fake callaway 3 wood and needed to prove this was the case before the Bank would take any action to reclaim money from the seller.

I contacted Callaway expecting to have to fight a bit to get the required information, but they honestly could not have been more helpful. They checked club details for me, confirmed it was indeed a fake (serial number not known to them), and when I asked for written proof they didn't hesitate to get something out to me in the post.

I agree their website could hold a little more information and stand to be brought a little more up to date, but honestly I don't think poor customer service is something that Callaway are renowned for - certainly not in my experiance anyway.

I agree the title of this thread is misleading. There was nothing wrong with the customer service, just the lack of information on the website. Hopefully Callaway will decide to put more on there in the future. I for one would definitely like to see it.

I do wish they had a ball selector on their site again. I think that is one thing they had in the past that they are missing now. While the response was not what you expected, I don't think it's a poor response. I could see why you might think they are giving you the runaround. Perhaps give that number a call see where it leads you and it might change your opinion. One thing I learned from Bridgestone is it's better to talk to a ball expert when comparing and choosing your product rather then using an automated selection tool.

It is frustrating not to receive the answer you are looking for. But granted, they did offer a one-on-one opportunity to ask the question to someone. I understand talking on the phone sucks, but in my own opinion they did a great job. They didn't have a ball selector, so they offered personnel customer service. I'd say good job Callaway

Back