Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are trying to flip a boutique bran belly putter, then you have money to waste.

yeah that's why i was asking. he says in the description its worth $700 new, i was just confirming with the fellow golf nerds. i never said i was trying to, i was just getting y'alls opinions.

yeah that's why i was asking. he says in the description its worth $700 new, i was just confirming with the fellow golf nerds. i never said i was trying to, i was just getting y'alls opinions.

Anything is only worth what somebody is willing to pay for it.

Looking at putters (or any club for that matter) as a possible investment is crazy IMO.

Looking at putters (or any club for that matter) as a possible investment is crazy IMO.

okay well i didn't know that. i do now.

okay well i didn't know that. i do now.

Don't feel bad. I got this same feedback about 6 months ago when I was going to buy a Ryder Cup edition Bettinardi and stow it away for some years to sell down the road.

Don't feel bad. I got this same feedback about 6 months ago when I was going to buy a Ryder Cup edition Bettinardi and stow it away for some years to sell down the road.

i don't really care about that type of feedback anymore..

I have managed to make money on golf equipment every now and again, but quite often you just have to be happy to break even. Once in a while I'll stumble across a gem like an R11s or a 910d2 with a DI-6s or a Fubuki Alpha for $150 and you can almost always make money on those. TMag or Titleist are easy sells most of the time.

It's an investment in happiness. Putters are fun.

Obviously. But I separate joy from financial benefit.

For instance, this is joy:

u8u7yreh.jpg

Hehe

u8u7yreh.jpg

Hehe

I like that one. You should send it to me. :)

u8u7yreh.jpg

Hehe
It has now been jman'd. Hehe. Looks good dude, love the green on black with the paintfill!

So my first ever fitting has been scheduled for next Friday (March 1). I'll be doing Driver and FWs on that one and then the next one will be Hybrids/Irons/Wedges, plus they are a Bridgestone ball fitter so they will do a ball fitting as well. I'm pretty excited, I've worked on my game and while it's nowhere near perfect, it's come a long way in a few months. I am then going to take their recommendations and the numbers I am getting on each shaft/ball and talk with the folks at B-fit. Then from there I will be ready to submit my orders for the Morgan Cup! I'll throw up some numbers and my thoughts afterwards.

So my first ever fitting has been scheduled for next Friday (March 1). I'll be doing Driver and FWs on that one and then the next one will be Hybrids/Irons/Wedges, plus they are a Bridgestone ball fitter so they will do a ball fitting as well. I'm pretty excited, I've worked on my game and while it's nowhere near perfect, it's come a long way in a few months. I am then going to take their recommendations and the numbers I am getting on each shaft/ball and talk with the folks at B-fit. Then from there I will be ready to submit my orders for the Morgan Cup! I'll throw up some numbers and my thoughts afterwards.

Nice man. Where are you getting that done? I bet you learn a ton from that session.

I want a 12* J40 driver head.

Ah, what shaft do you want the J40 for?

Nice man. Where are you getting that done? I bet you learn a ton from that session.

Getting it done at a local place here in Erie, it's called Golf Etc. That's where I took my lessons this year and I really enjoyed my time with the pro. PLUS, are town's golf expo is this weekend at our convention center. So I am demo as many 2013 things as I can. Just in-case! :alien:

I am really looking forward to it. Excited to see how things turn out!

I have a particular reason for it. A legitimate one, thank you.

PS, you've bought a HELL of a lot more clubs than I have this year. :alien:

Yes I have. But I have not yet said, "I am done pondering for a bit. I don't need anything else." Every third day for the past 5 weeks. :beat-up:

Ah, what shaft do you want the J40 for?
Not for a shaft, per say. Just an experiment, a very valid one.
Yes I have. But I have not yet said, "I am done pondering for a bit. I don't need anything else." Every third day for the past 5 weeks. :beat-up:
I believe I've said I don't need anything else, doesn't mean I don't want it. Plus, this is for a particular reason, thank you very much.

I believe I've said I don't need anything else, doesn't mean I don't want it. Plus, this is for a particular reason, thank you very much.

I can see that being an awesome idea, high launch low spin seems like a great idea to me.

You're going to put lead tape on it aren't you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back