The official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have one. I just procrastinated transferring it to DVD because it's such a PITA (you can't tell me that there isn't an easy way to make it so you can just transfer the files instead of real time transfer.) And now about half the episodes are corrupted. :angry:

I don't even think GC had done DVD releases of BB since BB5. And I looked on the GC website and they don't seem to have their store anymore.

I'm hoping GC will re-run some of the older seasons, especially BB5, which was ladies only in Hawaii. (I saw BB3: Ladies Only when they re-ran it, but the two finalists were SO b¡tchy that I didn't even bother to watch the last episode.) I have no idea why they don't show them in re-runs. Maybe late night or something.

EDIT: Sometimes predictive search technology scares me. I went to Amazon.com, clicked the drop down menu, selected "Movies and TV" and the typed b-i-g b-r-e-a, and when I got to the "a", a list containing these suggested searches popped up:

Spoiler

big breasted women
big breasted
big breasted lovers
big breasted asians

in addition to a couple of variations of "big break" and "big break golf"

Are that many people entering those searches at Amazon that they are included in suggested searches?!?!?

Actually, Amazon uses similar technology to google, so it brings up those suggested searches based on the internet history of the person who is currently logged in.

Actually, Amazon uses similar technology to google, so it brings up those suggested searches based on the internet history of the person who is currently logged in.

:laughing: :clapp:

Normally I would make a self-deprecating joke here, but I promise that's not the case. For one, I've never made a search for "big breasted" anything. For another, I had just cleaned my cache and history (I was experiencing some weird anomalies), so it's not possible.

Now I'm worried that I'm infected.

Normally I would make a self-deprecating joke here, but I promise that's not the case. For one, I've never made a search for "big breasted" anything. For another, I had just cleaned my cache and history (I was experiencing some weird anomalies), so it's not possible.

Now I'm worried that I'm infected.

I was just kidding. I have no idea how it works for real. This is the banter thread, so I thought I'd chuck some about :angel:

Some infections are worse than others. Maybe you should have yourself checked.

I was just kidding. I have no idea how it works for real. This is the banter thread, so I thought I'd chuck some about :angel:

Oh man, you totally got me. Respekt. :D

So how many people just went to amazon.com and typed "big brea" in the search field? hehe

Obviously. You figured that out all by yourself? hehe

From now on, Pumpernickel shall be known as Numperpickel.

Because it's the only word that sounds sillier.

That is all.

You really want to complain about razor burn with this many ladies on the site??? What are you a masochist???:D

10-4!

Though for grins I picked up a straight razor and actually tried to use it a week ago, just for the "cool" factor.......everyone was wondering if I tried to make out with a Mrs. Scissor-hands..........:beat-up:

Speaking of razors.....how bout the cost of the Mach III's with the battery-driven vibrating razor head? They're like 3 or 4 dollars a blade.....great close shave.....but the price makes you wonder what you were thinking when you bought the system in the first place. :confused2:

Speaking of razors.....how bout the cost of the Mach III's with the battery-driven vibrating razor head? They're like 3 or 4 dollars a blade.....great close shave.....but the price makes you wonder what you were thinking when you bought the system in the first place. :confused2:

Gawd, don't I know it! After paying so much for a pack of 4 razors, I reached my breaking point and decided to be frugal and start purchasing razor blades on ebay. The first auction I actually won was like 15 bucks for 8 razors which was like 50% discount. After about a week ebay launched into this whole fraud protection measurement against the seller I purchased them from and my money was refunded... Seems like trying to purchase my razors on ebay angered the commerce gods...

I hear that if you dry them every day after use they'll last forever, but maan, who has that kind of discipline?

I still use the twin blades. They are getting harder and harder to find. I hate those 3 and 4 blade monstrosities.

Nail on the head..............I mean at this rate I could have payed for one of those super rich club electro's or probably another wedge to goof around with!

I will say this though, it is close, very, very close!

That's why you only are supposed to watch CSI:NY

I just started watching that. The actors are better, but the dialog is nearly as bad.

The bad acting in CSI: Miami is actually why I watch it occasionally. It is so bad it is good. How in the world did those people get acting jobs? :confused2:

David Caruso is this generation's William Shatner with his drawn out dialogue and over acting!

The bad acting in CSI: Miami is actually why I watch it occasionally. It is so bad it is good. How in the world did those people get acting jobs? :confused2:

The exception is Emily Proctor. She was awesome on The West Wing. But there is only so much you can do with that dialog. (Not to mention that they just make up technology that doesn't exist.)

It amazes me that CSI:Miami is the #1 TV program worldwide.

That’s a good point Harry. I liked her on West Wing also but she is not good on Miami. I guess I hadn’t thought about the angle of how badly poor dialogue can affect actors.

Maybe the fact that it is the #1 show says something about the downfall of America or the world for that matter. :confused2::banghead:

Regarding the technology, I think you have to go in with the assumption that the show is more Sci-fi than crime drama. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back