New England - 2013 THP Invitational Sponsored By KBS

Can't wait! Even my wife is excited. We will most likely drive up Friday morning and leave Sunday morning. Would definitely be up for a Friday afternoon practice round!

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

We are coming Friday also. Not sure when though.

I was so excited I didn't even check the sponsor until right now. Awesome to see KBS as a sponsor. Thanks KBS!

Ken, will you be putting a list of things for the wives/families to do while we are all teeing it up?

I'll be happy to make suggestions. There are tons of cool things to do and nothing's far away in CT.

Mystic Aquarium and/or Mystic Seaport might be a good day trip, for example. Someone already mentioned Lake Compounce if you want to do the amusement park thing.

$95 round trip for Amtrak for me from Trenton. Still have to see if I can make this but will be taking the train for sure if I do. How much do Taxi's run for up there?

Looks like taxis quote $2.75 per mile for trips in CT over 15 miles based on a quick online check. It would be around 20 miles from the train station to the hotel depending on which hotel you pick (the official ones are a couple of miles apart). There is also a car rental place at the train station.

Looks like taxis quote $2.75 per mile for trips in CT over 15 miles based on a quick online check. It would be around 20 miles from the train station to the hotel depending on which hotel you pick (the official ones are a couple of miles apart). There is also a car rental place at the train station.

Cool, thanks for the info. Would the Wallingford station be closer?

Excellent. This looks like it could be in my wheelhouse.

I'll start making some calls and see what I can do. Pretty optimistic about attending, though.

Wow some amazing prizes thanks to kbs!

GG just confirmed my payment and Marriott just confirmed my reservation!

Here we go!

Cool, thanks for the info. Would the Wallingford station be closer?

The nearest train station to the hotels is the Wallingford one for the Fairfield and the Meriden one for the Sheraton, both are pretty small. You would have to change trains in New Haven too. The trains on that northbound spur are fairly infrequent.

It's probably a a 10-minute taxi ride from the station to the hotels in both cases.

Being from New England as well as living in CT just 7 years ago, means this one is pretty special to me. Those that don't know myself and GG might not realize some of that. While we met in FL, the first place we went after we got engaged was CT. The area will always hold a special place in my heart and we cannot wait to spend more time up there with everybody.

Just got my confirmation from GolferGal, I'm so excited! Can't wait to finally meet some THP'ers on the course!

P.S. - Great choice with Eli Cannons!

Being from New England as well as living in CT just 7 years ago, means this one is pretty special to me. Those that don't know myself and GG might not realize some of that. While we met in FL, the first place we went after we got engaged was CT. The area will always hold a special place in my heart and we cannot wait to spend more time up there with everybody.

We'll clean the place up a bit before you arrive.

Love seeing the signups coming. Its going to be a blast.

This looks like great fun and since Im originally from CT Im very familar with this area. I used to live in Meriden which borders Middlefield. I really need to sign up and attend this outing, once again THP comes through for its members cant wait to meet you guys and enjoy some golf.

Awesome. Freaking awesome. I'll be sending my PM shortly!!!

The nearest train station to the hotels is the Wallingford one for the Fairfield and the Meriden one for the Sheraton, both are pretty small. You would have to change trains in New Haven too. The trains on that northbound spur are fairly infrequent.

It's probably a a 10-minute taxi ride from the station to the hotels in both cases.

Thx for the info Ken.

Great to see KBS getting involved too!

Sent my money in! This should be a blast. I had to go to this one since I'll miss you guys in NJ.

Bump for the morning crew. I know there were alot of people interested in attending this.

I'm officially signed up! All you fools are going down.

Can't wait! Even my wife is excited. We will most likely drive up Friday morning and leave Sunday morning. Would definitely be up for a Friday afternoon practice round!

I would be in for a practice round on Friday!!!

Back