True Temper Dynamic Gold "DG Pro" Iron Shafts - THP Preview

Very cool. Those look sharp. Kinda neat you'll be going pretty much blind as far as specs and all. Looking forward to following this.

Very interesting, can't wait to hear more!

Thanks for the reply Jman. I am having an iron fitting tomorrow and was just curious if these were out on the OEM carts yet. Appreciate the response. I went to their web site and did not see anything on them there either. These must be extremely new and not available to the public yet, so Really looking forward to your thoughts.

Alright, the 3i shaft RAW came out to 119g on my scale and the PW shaft RAW came out to 117.

Interesting.

Do you play your irons at std length? Or over?

Thanks jman. What flex are they?

I have a sneaky feeling these are going to launch nice and high

I have a sneaky feeling these are going to launch nice and high

The stepping pattern is interesting as heck, maybe there is actually some FEEL in there in some DG shafts now?

All the tip sections decrease in length as loft increases, but the other steps stagger differently still, some every other shaft. Crazy.

Currently checking everything to prep my install. As they are taper-tips they are butt trim only, so that simplifies things. Just measuring twice before I cut to make sure they match up length wise to my CT's from the i20's.

The stepping pattern is interesting as heck, maybe there is actually some FEEL in there in some DG shafts now?

All the tip sections decrease in length as loft increases, but the other steps stagger differently still, some every other shaft. Crazy.

Currently checking everything to prep my install. As they are taper-tips they are butt trim only, so that simplifies things. Just measuring twice before I cut to make sure they match up length wise to my CT's from the i20's.

Am I reading this right that these will be in play on Sunday??

Am I reading this right that these will be in play on Sunday??

That is the plan buddy. Fixing to tip prep them now and install so the epoxy has plenty of cure time. Should be good to go by Sunday.

I play to TM "standard" haha, so a bit over. HA!

Haha that's fine. You can hit my wee man irons and be in for a real treat.

That is the plan buddy. Fixing to tip prep them now and install so the epoxy has plenty of cure time. Should be good to go by Sunday.

Ooooohhh, now I must be there early to bribe you into letting me swing them!

Ooooohhh, now I must be there early to bribe you into letting me swing them!

We're in the same group, no worries!

Besides, you'll figure out, everyone is more than welcome to use any club in my bag!

well these sure look interesting, definitely going on my watch list.

Dan

We're in the same group, no worries!

Besides, you'll figure out, everyone is more than welcome to use any club in my bag!

I dont wanna try them all! Just a few with these shafts compared to my XPs and the PXi's I have considered and maybe 1-2 with the m9 since my wife will never have to know im considering it!

Got the shafts butt trimmed to proper length for me, tip prepped, grips installed, ferrules installed, and the heads installed.

Going to let them cure until late tomorrow around 10PM then turn the ferrules down. Should be 100% good to go for Sunday!

So, here's the shafts curing in the corner:

DSC_0866_zps6aa4b7ca.jpg

Once the epoxy is set I'll get some closer/better pics of the progression of the step pattern. Its quite unique to look at. As I mentioned before all the tip sections change in a constant amount (longer tip section in the 4, shortest in the PW) but the other steps stagger, if you look at the photo below you'll notice what I'm talking about with the labels, the steps here match up every other shaft. I really can't wait to a) hit them, and b) find out more info on the shafts!

DSC_0852-L.jpg

DSC_0854-L.jpg

I want to also throw out here that the 3i shaft is still unused. I actually plan on putting it into my 3hybrid that will be here on Monday for a bit of a twist and different perspective on the long iron shafts of this set. Particularly since I've always been a big fan of steel in my higher lofted hybrids.

Car wait to see what the hybrid produces for you. That's awesome ad the clubs look great!

Car wait to see what the hybrid produces for you. That's awesome ad the clubs look great!

Thanks Jess. I thought it'd be interesting to see, especially since I used to ADORE the original DG S300's in my hybrids when I first started. Just another angle to look at!

Those look great Jman! So I guess these are going straight into play tomorrow, huh?

Great test right off the bat.

Those look great Jman! So I guess these are going straight into play tomorrow, huh?

Great test right off the bat.

Yessir! First swings will be on the range and course.

Will be an interesting test to follow along with. I've never been a big fan of DG shaft as I have felt they lack much feel and never really liked the feedback. But the staggered steps and varying length of the tip sections is quite interesting. Being that you have C-Tapers I'll be interested see your thoughts on feel between the two.

Back