I have been playing with a Raa One for just over a year, Would not look at another putter.

I have been playing with a Raa One for just over a year, Would not look at another putter.
Sounds like an endorsement! I am still getting used to mine, but I am definitely sold on the 'roll' it really does seem to set off beautifully. If I could just stop banging it 6 feet past!:act-up:

welcome to the forum by the way!

Not really liking these putters at all. I really need to see beauty in my putter to instill confidence. Just my two cents however.

doc

Not really liking these putters at all. I really need to see beauty in my putter to instill confidence. Just my two cents however.

doc
And a fair 2 cents it is! I have to say that the looks are growing on me. Draining a 12 footer today for birdie, probably helps :act-up: but whilst it does not have 'elegance', it does have a sort of solid, robust, industrial look to it. And it rolls beautifully!

doc

Watching the putts drop makes up for the lack of beauty. I have fallen i love with mine.

Watching the putts drop makes up for the lack of beauty. I have fallen i love with mine.
Can't argue with that! Still have not found the distance control button, but working on it.:act-up:

Saw this in the flesh at the UK gathering. Hard to tell as El B'a a lefty but it felt beautifully weighted and the custom design element is intriguing!

Interested to see how you go El B, keep us updated?

Saw this in the flesh at the UK gathering. Hard to tell as El B'a a lefty but it felt beautifully weighted and the custom design element is intriguing!

Interested to see how you go El B, keep us updated?

You are right about the weighting, I have no problem at all with the strike, no pushes or pulls (plenty of misreads mind you!). Still working on distance control, the roll is so pure, I almost feel that I need to slightly mishit, otherwise the ball takes off like a scalded cat! But, it is getting better, and the issue is all me, not the bat.:alien:

Thought I would share an update. I was struggling to get either line or length nailed down with this putter. So, turned some Scotty pondering into a Scotty order. Being a leftie and in the UK, there is a bit of a wait. Had my first round in the Club Matchplay championship, and knew I would need to putt well to win. I decided to use the 'bob Rotella' approach and think less of the technicalities and more of the outcome. On the first green, I had a tricky downhill 15 footer for par and the hole. Bang. In it goes. My opponents shoulders slump, and I am off and running. Won the match with less than 30 putts. Played again yesterday, again less than thirty putts, including some decent length ones...

Still, the Scotty will look nice on the bench won't it?

Think you mean the Raa, you can't retire a Scotty after 2 rounds sub 30

Think you mean the Raa, you can't retire a Scotty after 2 rounds sub 30
My legendary prose style confusing again....the two rounds were with the Raa! Scotty not due for another week!:banghead:

Ahhhhh, oh well sub 28 rounds coming up with the Scotty!

Nice pitting fella.

Ahhhhh, oh well sub 28 rounds coming up with the Scotty!

Nice pitting fella.

Got notification that the Scotty arrives at my office tomorrow. Playing in the Presidents Cup on Sunday, and not back near my office till Thursday....decisions decisions!

Back