Ball alignment aid for tee shots

TheDoctor

One of the UK Hackers
Reaction score
Handicap
5.3 (WHS)
Just on the back of the thread by P4B about putting alignment, how many people use an alignment aid on their tee shot?

I tried it for a while but only tend to use it now when using my woods, for some reason I can't get comfortable with doing it for an iron off the tee.

I pick a spot a few inches in front of the ball and line my club up to the spot then my body.

I always line my ball up the same way. The ball name aimed down the fairway and the line horizontal facing me

I use it much more often than not.

I pick a spot a few inches in front of the ball and line my club up to the spot then my body.

This is the same as me. Habit I started last year and now use for every single shot except for putts.

I always use an intermediate aiming point for every shot I take except for a tap-in. It doesn't matter if it's driver, fairway wood, iron or putter.

People think I'm weird but I often lay my driver down to align myself before I take the shot. I'm that bad at alignment. That's one of my main goals this year, improve my alignment.

People think I'm weird but I often lay my driver down to align myself before I take the shot. I'm that bad at alignment. That's one of my main goals this year, improve my alignment.

I am jsut as bad with alignment. I have laid down my club as well, but only when playing solo. Can't bring myself to do it with a group yet.

I do this occasionally. Should probably do it more often since tee boxes that aren't square to the target play tricks on my eyes.

Try this. It's a tip from Dean Reinmuth. The guy in the video is not Reinmuth, but he's explaining the technique.

[video=youtube;ipJI-ZnpeMs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipJI-ZnpeMs[/video]

I just step up and hit the ball, any way it goes puts me closer to the hole.

I kid, kind of, usually there is some thing on the front of the tee box I try and line up with, if not I'll place a tee towards the front to line up my ball and driver with, then a point near were I want to hit it.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

I always use an intermediate aiming point for every shot I take except for a tap-in. It doesn't matter if it's driver, fairway wood, iron or putter.

This is my motto as well. All a part of the pre-shot routine.

I use the line on my ball for every tee shot. I get to place the ball on a tee for 18 shots in a round, why not use the line to get myself lined up?

I never do this. Weirdly angled tee boxes usually end with me dumping a ball OB. Maybe I should start doing this

I do this but pick a spot a foot or two away I also put the logo or my ball marking in the lower left quadrant to remind to swing in to out!

It's fine to pick something out that is in your line already but if you're putting anything down to use as an alignment aid, (tee, marker, blade of grass, anything...), that is against the rules. I would always suggest using something that is already there as an intermediate alignment aid.

I do this but pick a spot a foot or two away I also put the logo or my ball marking in the lower left quadrant to remind to swing in to out!

The problem with this is that you only get to do it on the tee. I find it's better to just get used to a random orientation of the ball because most of the shots you hit will be that way anyway. I never pay much attention to how I place the ball. Using a spot somewhere in front of the ball makes that irrelevant.

The problem with this is that you only get to do it on the tee. I find it's better to just get used to a random orientation of the ball because most of the shots you hit will be that way anyway. I never pay much attention to how I place the ball. Using a spot somewhere in front of the ball makes that irrelevant.

I hear ya but I was struggling so bad last yr with my driver coming over the top that this was a quick easy fix. I didnt struggle with irons in the same way and had no problem when the ball was randomly orientated with them.

This winter I worked hard and put a lot of time in getting my path inside out with the driver and now have no issue with a randomly placed ball.

The Razr Fit doesn't actually have an alignment aid. Strangely it has no affect on the outcome. I prefer to pick my spot on the fairways and green then go for that spot. I don't use alignment aids on golf balls either

I do this occasionally. Should probably do it more often since tee boxes that aren't square to the target play tricks on my eyes.

Exactly what I had in mind when I posted this thread - sometimes I wonder why courses set the boxes up at a completely different line to the fairway?

This is what I do....got it from Jack Nickalus' Golf My Way book years ago.

This is what I do....got it from Jack Nickalus' Golf My Way book years ago.

It's an awesome aid, I heard him talking about in an interview one time and have used it since, my fairways hit percentage is pretty good because of his tip.

Just on the back of the thread by P4B about putting alignment, how many people use an alignment aid on their tee shot?

I tried it for a while but only tend to use it now when using my woods, for some reason I can't get comfortable with doing it for an iron off the tee.

I use a line on my ball for tee shots and putting.

I always use the line on my golf ball when I am on the tee no matter if I'm hitting an iron, hybrid or driver.

It's one of only a,few opportunities you get to do it, so why not take advantage of it!?!

Back