Cobra AMP CELL Irons Preview

I hit these at a demo day on Friday.

I liked them a lot, but not quite as much as the Adams CB3s or the W/S Ci11s. The Amp Cells ballooned on me too much, so they would probably work great for someone needin the extra height.

Look what showed up in Orlando today...

be7u3umu.jpg

oh man, now you've stolen 3 sets of irons from me!

As I've only tried them with the stock steel and graphite and KBS I hope I can try them with other shafts real soon and outside as well!

I just noticed that there is a Kuro Kage graphite shaft offering for their irons. I might have to give them a chance at some point.

I just noticed that there is a Kuro Kage graphite shaft offering for their irons. I might have to give them a chance at some point.

That should be a nice combo!

Siri speaks for me!

Paging Mr. Eagle and anyone else at the Orlando gathering today. We are craving some thoughts on these

Paging Mr. Eagle and anyone else at the Orlando gathering today. We are craving some thoughts on these
You got that right, bring on the info!!!

I hit them on the range today, and I was hitting them well.

Instant thoughts; Reminds me of the AMP Forged from last year, which I absolutely loved. Surprised at how small they were, actually, thin top line and a compact head that I really liked. Instant comparison to another club would be the 588 CBs from Cleveland.

I was hitting them on the range, and was hitting them quite well. Nice trajectory, decent distance, but not the longest iron of the day, but that could be due to lofts? Good feel, nice sound at impact, and the stock grips were incredible.

One thing I did not like was the white design on the cavity, I wish it was a matte gray or darker, less noticeable color.

If choosing a set from the Cobra line, it would be these over the Pros. The progressive size and the perimeter weighting had me enjoying hitting this set.

thanks buddy. For a GI iron I thought the size of them wasn't too bad. Long blade which I'm used to now with the DPC. With the stock shaft they sure do get up in the air quick, but a shaft change for me would be ideal and lower it a touch. The stock grips are fantastic, can't go wrong with those lamkin grips. Certainly an audible crack when you hit them.

I'm very close to saying these will be my irons for the MC, but I keep going back and forth. One thing I am taking in to consideration is that Cobra golf is all about making golf easier and more enjoyable so I'm leaning towards these because I think they certainly need some representation throughout this process. They are a solid iron, they give you some color options, and I'm a fan of the V-Skid sole design. Have had a similar design in other irons and really like it when it comes to turf interaction and playing form different lies.

I saw that too. I may be heading that way come order time!

I saw that too. I may be heading that way come order time!

I don't remember and I was going to ask you. Did you go graphite in your wedges last year? If you go graphite irons again this year would you go graphite wedges too?

thanks buddy. For a GI iron I thought the size of them wasn't too bad. Long blade which I'm used to now with the DPC. With the stock shaft they sure do get up in the air quick, but a shaft change for me would be ideal and lower it a touch. The stock grips are fantastic, can't go wrong with those lamkin grips. Certainly an audible crack when you hit them.

I'm very close to saying these will be my irons for the MC, but I keep going back and forth. One thing I am taking in to consideration is that Cobra golf is all about making golf easier and more enjoyable so I'm leaning towards these because I think they certainly need some representation throughout this process. They are a solid iron, they give you some color options, and I'm a fan of the V-Skid sole design. Have had a similar design in other irons and really like it when it comes to turf interaction and playing form different lies.
Im not sure if I would call them a GI iron. But in this era of equipment the cross between GE/GI/blahblah is so blurred.

They reminded me a lot of my DPCs. I liked that.

I don't remember and I was going to ask you. Did you go graphite in your wedges last year? If you go graphite irons again this year would you go graphite wedges too?

Yep had all graphite in all clubs but putter. Remember my wedges were black oxide with blue graphite shafts and grips? they look awesome! I will be going graphite in wedges again. Why change a good thing?

I love my Rocketbladez, but I can't help but ponder how they perform against the Amp Cells

I love my Rocketbladez, but I can't help but ponder how they perform against the Amp Cells

The blue ones look great. Just saying

I was thinking the same thing!!!

my local shop has the blue with blue grips on the rack. They are lookers for sure. Could very well end up in my bag. Although I don't know why all of a sudden I am thinking orange haha

I was thinking the same thing!!!

Haha the only way I'd be getting Blue Amp Cell irons is if someone wants to trade straight up for my Rocketbladez (and after I tested the Amp Cells) in store. I would love to be able to provide detailed feedback on the Amp Cells as I did with Rocketbladez testing. I just doubt there is someone out there with a shiny new set of Blue Amp Cell irons that they are looking to trade!

Haha the only way I'd be getting Blue Amp Cell irons is if someone wants to trade straight up for my Rocketbladez (and after I tested the Amp Cells) in store. I would love to be able to provide detailed feedback on the Amp Cells as I did with Rocketbladez testing. I just doubt there is someone out there with a shiny new set of Blue Amp Cell irons that they are looking to trade!

honestly it sounded like through the testing that those Rocketbladez were a good match for you.

honestly it sounded like through the testing that those Rocketbladez were a good match for you.

They really are a great fit for me, but with how well I hit the Amp Cell Driver and Woods, I can't help but wonder how the irons perform.

Hit these today too while I was at golf galaxy. I had him putt the stiff graphite shaft and my 7i head speed was 85 mph with 162 carry and 166 total yards. Oh I like!!!

Hit these today too while I was at golf galaxy. I had him putt the stiff graphite shaft and my 7i head speed was 85 mph with 162 carry and 166 total yards. Oh I like!!!

Not bad right? I think these are some good sticks. Hard to ignore the performance of them.

That sounds like a great combo!

that graphite combo worked well for you right?

It did. It is still high on my ponder list.

Siri speaks for me!

Back