Adams Super Hybrid S Review

As if the great review wasn't enough, I think Jman adding another one to the bag speaks volumes to just how good it is.

The 22° looks good, Jman.

Looking forward to what rob and Mercer think as well. It's definitely a bigger profile from face to butt, as is the X-Hot (sort of).

I know what you mean by the sort of, I actually took a peek at the Xhot hybo's last night in Tulsa. Its a different size, but similar in some spots. These are certainly all about what fits your eye, I'm a slightly shallower and larger footprint guy so I'm in love.

As if the great review wasn't enough, I think Jman adding another one to the bag speaks volumes to just how good it is.

I had to put my money where my mouth is dude, I'm REALLY excited to get the 22* in bag!

That would be the difference I see as well. Cally is a bit shallower/less beefy.

That would be the difference I see as well. Cally is a bit shallower/less beefy.

For sure.

SO much really good stuff out this year its mind boggling when you sit down and really think about it.

Jman, do you think the Adams SS is a little on the short side in terms of shaft length. I am 5'7" and feel like I am reaching with it when I tried it. I actually addressed the ball to where I was comfortable and my whole hand wasn't on the grip.

The two clubs on my mind right now are the Adams Super S and the Callaway X Hot.. I like the looks and feel of the X Hot Pro better, but I worry about the shallow face in the rough. I feel like I will go right under the ball. If you have hit both clubs, did you experience any issues with playing the X Hot Pro from the rough? Also if the X Hot/X Hot Pro was under consideration for your bag, what made you say no to the X hot and yes to the Adams?

Thanks for you initial write up too and everything that followed. I was considering the LS until you said there is no reason for the extra money because this club is pretty much it's equal.

Jman is going to be a better knowledge source on the Super S, but I'll toss this out there. I'm reviewing the X-Hot (non-tour) and picked up the Super S about two weeks ago. I'll be glad to fill you in on my findings as time goes on. I do agree that the Super S is shorter length than some hybrids out there. I kind of like that.

Jman, forgot to drop in here and say good work after reading the review dude. Solid, as always. Now stop writing good things about all these clubs because all you do is make me ponder replacing mine!

I will say that while I can't imagine abandoning my J40s, I do like the loft options here. These are definitely on the short list to hit next time I get a chance to check out some gear. You comments about these compared to the Classic are interesting too. I've yet to hit either, so will save judgement but it's interesting none-the-less.

I've found the J40 to be pretty different in size, feel, ect. Originally, the Super S was going to be side by side with it, though now I have the X Hot to compare it against, among other things.

JMann and Hawk are really making it hard for me not to just buy one or two of these. If I can replace my 3W with one and also get a 19* that would be awesome. The shorter shaft plays right into my set.

Teddy, the only thing I'll say is that I just don't hit a 3w that great. In a perfect world, I think it should be longer, but I haven't found one that consistently does that for me.

Teddy, the only thing I'll say is that I just don't hit a 3w that great. In a perfect world, I think it should be longer, but I haven't found one that consistently does that for me.

Hawk, I don't hit my 3W well either. Isn't the LS longer in the 17* that may be one way to replace the 3W. Just a thought I'm bouncing around.

You got it. The LS is 3/4 inch longer.

Now if the snow would ever stop, I could go grip and rip!!!!

Ugh. I hear that!

Just talking off the tee, but the Super S fairway wood may have made this a non-issue :D

I want to gush about these a bit more after yesterdays round. They really are just SO dependable for me and the distance is there too.

It was the debut of the 22* for me and its incredibly versatile.

People need to go hit these and not sleep on them, or ANY of the Adams S line IMO.

For the most part, I'm right there with you man. The 17° is a bit less 'automatic' than a 22° hybrid, but that's got a lot to do with loft and length and me I think. It's much more reliable for me than a 5w so far though. Ball speeds I see from it are really good at times too.

I am going to hit Jman's 19 Friday. period.

Fun fact. On decent strikes, I carry this farther than I did my driver last year. Oooof.

Fun fact. On decent strikes, I carry this farther than I did my driver last year. Oooof.

I'm honestly now confident in my hybrids and its been a solid 2 seasons since I could say that. Something about these just fit my eye really well, which is funny because I hated the look when I opened the box for the review. Add to that the steel shafted 22* has been lethal. Leeeeeethal.

Honestly, I probably couldn't do the 4h because I always gravitate towards the iron-ish looking hybrids in that slot, but for what I bought it for (off the tee and 5w replacement from the turf), the 2h perfect. Big enough to make me feel like it's going to go far without being super deep or bulky.

The 19/22 combo has been good to me. But with the length of my XHP at 15* I can't help but daybream about it being 13.5* and then going with the 17* S.

Won't happen, but, it sure sounds nice. 13.5/17/22....heck yes it sounds nice.

Well, if we fall out of love, I know where you can get one lol.

The 19/22 combo has been good to me. But with the length of my XHP at 15* I can't help but daybream about it being 13.5* and then going with the 17* S.

Won't happen, but, it sure sounds nice. 13.5/17/22....heck yes it sounds nice.

Well, if we fall out of love, I know where you can get one lol.

If Jman stops daydreaming, and hawk falls out of love, we know where the 19 is headed :D

Back