Missouri - 2013 THP Invitational Series Sponsored By Lamkin

I will text Wayne now. Plus he will make sure we are taken good care of. I am sure he will plan on working at Branson store that night, he is a really good guy.

Well I am going to be getting some extra rounds in at Ledgestone :) I am super pumped, you all will love ledgestone. Very fun course and ulike a lot of new courses its not a driving contest, shot making is the name of game there which is refreshing :)

Awesome. So dinner is locked up, hotel is all but locked in it seems.. Wow what do we do for the next 4 months?

Great works guys, I love when things come together like that! I just called Twelve Oaks and unfortunately they don't allow pets, so the search continues. So far the best option seems to be the Hampton Inn.

EDIT: I just saw the Best Western downtown accepts pets (at least according to expedia) so that might be an option too, and it's only 2 miles from the Applebee's.

Great works guys, I love when things come together like that! I just called Twelve Oaks and unfortunately they don't allow pets, so the search continues. So far the best option seems to be the Hampton Inn.

Is it fairly close to Applebees?

Applebee's sounds good to me. Heck as long as there's some beer and good people it's all good. BWW would be good to, do some BWW challenges.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

Looking at # 6 which a nice fade should work well, I can already see that this will be the hole that I hit it dead straight into the water.

Yup, no more than a 3 iron here for sure lol

Is it fairly close to Applebees?

The Hampton Inn is about 5 miles from the Applebee's and the Best Western is 2. The Best western is about $30/night cheaper, they both get good reviews, although it seems the BW has some road noise issues in the morning. Not really a problem for us since we are awake early anyhow.

Best Western is on other side of town from Ledgestone, but thats not a bad thing, you can come out 248 hop back on 65 to 76 to get to Best Western. GG if its per friendly its probably a good option. Branson is not big and there are some traffic issues but I can help anyone with the back ways to get around

EDIT: I just saw the Best Western downtown accepts pets (at least according to expedia) so that might be an option too, and it's only 2 miles from the Applebee's.

Third post has been updated to reflect dinner plans and location

Shane is the Twelve Oaks a pretty easy shot to Ledgestone? It seems that way from the mapquest stuff I saw

Its not a bad shot at all. I will go down to branson next week and map everything out again fora refresher course, sounds like a good excuse to get a round it :p

Third post has been updated to reflect dinner plans and location

Shane is the Twelve Oaks a pretty easy shot to Ledgestone? It seems that way from the mapquest stuff I saw

The BW sets off of 65, you would have to a VERY light sleeper to have road noise issues in a room there

The Hampton Inn is about 5 miles from the Applebee's and the Best Western is 2. The Best western is about $30/night cheaper, they both get good reviews, although it seems the BW has some road noise issues in the morning. Not really a problem for us since we are awake early anyhow.

Have you tried Priceline?
Great android app also, have used it twice for rooms (golf related lol)
Trust Capt Kirk

Wayne has the back room reserved for us. I told him between 35 and 45 people give or take. What time are you all thinking? I was thinking 7 or so? that way people can shower at their room before dinner if they want? Missouri boys like myself sweat and get a little ripe in July lol

Thanks for everything, everyone. I'm at work now and will be on the road afterwards. Sounds like we have a plan and a pretty good one at that. Now, lets full this baby up!

Wayne has the back room reserved for us. I told him between 35 and 45 people give or take. What time are you all thinking? I was thinking 7 or so? that way people can shower at their room before dinner if they want? Missouri boys like myself sweat and get a little ripe in July lol

I agree, I think 7pm would be great, because in July we ALL need to take a shower before dinner haha.

Well if we did not shower we could do what Jeff said and pull a Reece Booby, get thrown out of an applebees for excessive stink lol

I agree, I think 7pm would be great, because in July we ALL need to take a shower before dinner haha.

I know I will need a shower after a round of golf in July. I think I'm going to go ahead and book a room at twelve oaks, but I might wait a couple weeks just to make sure that is going to be the THP'er main hotel. Can't wait till July now just to play and get beter so maybe I can not drag whoever my parter is down.

I know I will need a shower after a round of golf in July. I think I'm going to go ahead and book a room at twelve oaks, but I might wait a couple weeks just to make sure that is going to be the THP'er main hotel. Can't wait till July now just to play and get beter so maybe I can not drag whoever my parter is down.

I think it will be, but I am waiting a bit to reserve a room as well. To anyone on the fence, It is a blast staying with a big group of THPers

Just out of curiosity I know that THP makes the teams, but how do they do it? Is it a random drawing, pairs they think would be a good fit, or some other way? If it is a big secret no big deal, I just didn't know if I missed anything.

Just out of curiosity I know that THP makes the teams, but how do they do it? Is it a random drawing, pairs they think would be a good fit, or some other way? If it is a big secret no big deal, I just didn't know if I missed anything.

I believe they usually try to make a pretty good estimation at people's abilities and make the pairings that way. Looking at how they did it for Dallas at least. Jb and GG do a great job of having the fairest teams possible, and I dont think that Branson will be any exception

Since these are open to players of all abilities are we going to try to match our egos and play from the gold tees (tips) or will we move up to the blues or even the whites? And with the 2 man team format do we score both balls on each hole or just best ball of the 2?

And if you go to Legestones website you can take a hole by hole virtual tour of the course with descriptions and images of each hole....looks like a sweet track to me...some straightforward holes and some that you really have to think about and be accurate on. I can't freakin wait!!

Since these are open to players of all abilities are we going to try to match our egos and play from the gold tees (tips) or will we move up to the blues or even the whites? And with the 2 man team format do we score both balls on each hole or just best ball of the 2?

Details will come soon enough! We have to be patient. Watch for feedback in the Dallas Invitational thread after this weekend.

I just talked to a guy I work with who golfs a lot in Branson, and he told me that Ledgestone was his favorite course in Branson. He said it was a great course, and we got a great deal.

I just talked to a guy I work with who golfs a lot in Branson, and he told me that Ledgestone was his favorite course in Branson. He said it was a great course, and we got a great deal.

they were awesome to work with for sure.

Back