Am I missing something?

I've been in a few Nike stores different places around the country and have given up on finding golf stuff. If they have any at all, it is a very limited selection.

I've been in a few Nike stores different places around the country and have given up on finding golf stuff. If they have any at all, it is a very limited selection.

Nike running, basketball, or training clothes dwarf the golf department. It isn't a surprise.

With all this Nike-hating, I'll say one thing in their defense.

The Niketown stores in San Francisco and Scottsdale used to have pretty decent clothing selections until about 6 months ago. Now San Francisco's is gone. I don't know about Scottsdale. I'm sure it was simply a business decision and the golf department wasn't selling as well as others...

With all this Nike-hating, I'll say one thing in their defense.

The Niketown stores in San Francisco and Scottsdale used to have pretty decent clothing selections until about 6 months ago. Now San Francisco's is gone. I don't know about Scottsdale. I'm sure it was simply a business decision and the golf department wasn't selling as well as others...

Not hating at all but I get my Nike shirts from our uniform company. The keep plenty of the solid color polo shirts in stock & pants as well.

Why not have a small corner of golf gear? Does not cost them anything

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

It costs them plenty if they have other things in that corner that sell better.

It's the same thing round our way in the UK. Majority of the Nike stores either have a very small Golf section tucked away in the corner, or no golf stuff at all.

Quite frequently I see golf hats, tees, balls, markers etc on the till counter but that's quite literally everything they have that's golf related.

I live between two Nike outlet stores in two different tourist areas. In one area a lot of golf is played and the store has a sizable selection of golf apparel. Pants, shorts, shirts, some shoes, and they even a rack with balls, gloves, hats, etc. The prices aren't spectacular, but typically about 40% or more off MSRP. The other store is a true outlet store. Most of what they sell I assume is crap they couldn't sell at other locations so they put a cheap price on it and hope it moves. I've found some great deals on golf stuff there, but it's usually mixed in with the other stuff. The other store has an actual golf area. The prices are much better if you find something. I've bought a handful of shirts there and didn't pay more than $25 for any of them. Two of them were Tiger shirts and they were less than $20. Problem with that store is that you never know what their going to have. Sometimes they have golf stuff, sometimes they don't have any. The other store has the golf section year round.

Yeah try some urban dictionary you might find some terminology really useful, jumping to conclusions about things is not cool, really lame actually. Why not ask or grill the employees because these people are the face of Nike whether they want to be or not. I can't speak to the guy or girl at the top so the next best thing is the person infront of me, if a product was faulty am I not allowed to "grill" the store employee? You would rather I write to head office and ask why my trainer has fallen to pieces. People are entitled to ask questions.

Urban dictionary what? You think it's okay to grill on employee for not having a golf section? Debate with him? He has no control Over anything. The best you should do is ask for the manager. I don't know about anyone else, but I've never been displeased enough by a store not carrying a product to get into debate over it with anyone. I just shrug my shoulders, and find another store. Don't sweat the small stuff, you know?

Oh and by the way, Bridgestone Golf rules!

But it does, opportunity cost man. If golf isn't selling than it is a waste of space for other stuff which is in fact selling.

Nike has made a TON of money, they certainly don't need any of us telling them how to run their business. I think they have it figured out

I do wonder at times how well nike golf apparel really sells. I see nike golf gear frequently on sale for at least half off all the time on deal sites - incidently I now look like a nike tour pro when I play now because of all the cheap shirts and hats I've picked up in sales. I guess they feel they do well enough selling online and stocking the golf galaxies and the like. I'm guessing golfers don't typically venture to niketown or a regular sporting goods store for golf stuff. We tend to go straight to GG or golfsmith.

Urban dictionary what? You think it's okay to grill on employee for not having a golf section? Debate with him? He has no control Over anything. The best you should do is ask for the manager. I don't know about anyone else, but I've never been displeased enough by a store not carrying a product to get into debate over it with anyone. I just shrug my shoulders, and find another store. Don't sweat the small stuff, you know?

Course it is ok to get in to a discussion with store employees for one, any time a customer does this are you saying they are not giving feedback to their managers? I run my own business and I'm delighted when customers bring up areas which disappoint them or match their needs but if you don't run your own business then you won't understand. How are we meant to improve or give consumers what they want?

It's not some small time company we are talking about its one of the biggest companies in the world never mind sportswear and you are telling me they can not afford to have a small corner dedicated to a sport who their main athlete probably makes them more money that any other individual apart from Jordan? They sell a pair of trainers and make £100 profit so i do not believe anyone who said it costs them to carry a few polos or pairs of golf shoes they make more than enough to cover products that don't shift and I bet they are dedicating space to Livestrong which i know is for charity but sales will have been hit hard.

Course it is ok to get in to a discussion with store employees for one, any time a customer does this are you saying they are not giving feedback to their managers? I run my own business and I'm delighted when customers bring up areas which disappoint them or match their needs but if you don't run your own business then you won't understand. How are we meant to improve or give consumers what they want?

It's not some small time company we are talking about its one of the biggest companies in the world never mind sportswear and you are telling me they can not afford to have a small corner dedicated to a sport who their main athlete probably makes them more money that any other individual apart from Jordan? They sell a pair of trainers and make £100 profit so i do not believe anyone who said it costs them to carry a few polos or pairs of golf shoes they make more than enough to cover products that don't shift and I bet they are dedicating space to Livestrong which i know is for charity but sales will have been hit hard.

I agree that it would e nice for that store to have a golf section. But Nike makes very little from their golf department. Comparatively speaking. Their running, basketball, and soccer (in your part of the globe especially) dominate their income.

But to say that a line level employee should be debated with regarding their stock choices, I agree with Thain, it's outside of his control. Way outside of his control. And even if he voiced his opinion, he would probably get brushed off.

I agree that it would e nice for that store to have a golf section. But Nike makes very little from their golf department. Comparatively speaking. Their running, basketball, and soccer (in your part of the globe especially) dominate their income.

But to say that a line level employee should be debated with regarding their stock choices, I agree with Thain, it's outside of his control. Way outside of his control. And even if he voiced his opinion, he would probably get brushed off.

Not to mention Nike as a corp makes so much money and is so good at what they do, they make those decisions for a reason. And rather than argue it, you should try to understand it. It will probably benefit your business in doing so.

Oh and by the way, Bridgestone Golf rules!

Agree with bluegold. Debating with a store employees is like debating with the person behind the counter
at the gas station because of the price of gas....
Ask to talk to Management.

Last edited:
Agree with bluegold. Debating with a store employees is like debating with the person behind the counter
at the gas station because of the price of gas....
As to talk to a Management.

It's not a problem to say "it would entreat if you guys had more golf stuff." But to word it any different seems futile to me. That employee has 0 say or influence on what gets stocked in the store.

I was thinking the same when I was in the Livingston store last week. Basketball doesn't even have the status of a minority sport in the UK so on the face of it, it does seem bizarre. I don't think I have ever seen anyone wearing the gear apart from the shoes.

There must be some logic behind it if it is being replicated across their stores. Livingston used to ave a small golf section but the prices weren't that good and could be found cheaper on line.

Better off with adidas anyway :act-up:

Back