Poll : Draw vs Fade which do you prefer?

Poll : Draw vs Fade which do you prefer?

• Draw

Votes: 47 69.1%
  • Fade

Votes: 21 30.9%

• Total voters

rb81

Reaction score
Handicap
I prefer the fade with irons and like to see a draw off the tee. Just curious as to what others prefer.

I prefer a draw, but am not good enough to hit it consistently. I have a slight fade off the tee most times, until there is water right then I have a big slice.

I tend to hit my irons straight most of the time, but off the tee, I usually end up hitting either straight or a slight draw - until I end up on a hole with water down the right, I aim down the middle and promptly slice it..... ha ha

I prefer the draw. But as long as my ball starts right of my target line. That means I'm coming from the inside. That's more important to me than shot shape.

I'd love to fade the ball off the tee. However I hit a draw, which is great when it works, but is awful when it goes "quacking" into the left hand trees.

I hit a stock baby fade, but would like to hit both on command. Draw for me please.

I'll take high draw any day of the week, but I prefer straight

Fade, because it's the only shot I can hit.

I've never hit a draw so I can't say I'd like it better. I will have to say that a slight fade is what I hit 80% of the time and I'm getting pretty accurate with it, by my standards at least lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fade. I have struggled with both, but the fade has been more reliable and predictable in my experience.

I would rather play a nice high draw with any club but a fade certainly has a place in my game too. I say why choose? Hit whatever that situation calls for.

Absolutely a Fade! A Butter Cut! A Baby Fade! Whatever you want to call it, its the Money Shot!

I prefer a little draw but when the baby fade is needed, it's nice to be able to hit it. At the end of last year, I was starting to get both dialed in.

I prefer a fade however I can only hit one at the range. It's a thing of beauty too. High and just fades at the end. On the course it's noting but draws.

I added a poll to the thread based on your original question.

I can't answer it though since in all honesty I prefer the straight shot!

I prefer the draw, but generally hit my tee ball straight. If I try to force the draw, I duck hook it.

Straight is probably the hardest shot for me to pull off. I'd rather left than right mostly because I'm usually swiping if my ball goes right. I'd really like to get a fade with some juice behind it one of these days.

I cut up courses like a Thanksgiving turkey.

Fade!

My wife hits a draw and I wish I could.

I love playing the fade. It is usually pretty predictable for me with irons but the power slice still creeps up more often than not off the tee.

Would prefer to draw the ball every day of the week. Being able to actually do it is of course another matter!

I prefer a draw but don't think I hit a single one last year.

Fade just because it's easier to hit.

For years I hit the draw off the tee. Changed my swing and have been hitting fades however I can draw the ball if necessary. I have been working on going back to hitting a draw as my primary shot shape. I'm kind of stuck in the middle now which causes a ton of confusion when picking my target. My advice from this is to stay with your natural shot. I'm still struggling with a in between swing :beat-up:

Back