Cobra AMP CELL Driver & AMP CELL Pro Driver Preview

Hey Guys,

Looking for a driver that has the same head-shape as my Ping G10 (not tear-drop). The Covert, 913 and Amp seem to best fit that description. Has anyone tried this year's amp versus last year's? What were the main differences? I need to lower my ball flight and I'm looking for straight over long.
The biggest difference is that the AMP adjusted to Open, Neutral and Closed and the AMP Cell has MyFly Technology, which gives you numerous loft options. The colors are different, too.

I had the AMP Offset last season. I hit the Cell, in both Offset and Regular, yesterday. The Cell Offset doesn't actually look offset to me, not at all like last years' AMP. If it didn't say Offset on it I would have thought it was a regular bonded/glued driver. I believe the shafts are different between old and new models but to me they felt like they had pretty similar playing characteristics. I found the Cell to fly the ball high, just like the AMP did. Sound seemed pretty similar to me, too. And maybe I'm nuts but the head on the Cell looked a little bigger to me.

Oh no...I wasn't expecting to have to make this decision yet.

kind of funny, I had mine kind of ready to go, but now I hesitate!

I'll openly admit, this is the #1 cross-OEM ponder I have spent the most time with. I love these drivers and look forward to seeing what everyone adds to their bag.

kind of funny, I had mine kind of ready to go, but now I hesitate!

At least there is no worry about what loft.

I'm not sure which shaft yet... But maybe Kuro Kage Black. Man I'm confused...:banghead:

I'll openly admit, this is the #1 cross-OEM ponder I have spent the most time with. I love these drivers and look forward to seeing what everyone adds to their bag.

I think it's a great club, thought that when I hit it at the AC Tour Stop prior to my Cobra announcement. I think they have a lot going for them with both style and performance.

At least there is no worry about what loft.

That is a great feature. Heck if you pick a shaft that is too low launching you can up the loft and vice versa.

I'm ready to go! Choices have been made! But...oh..wait, that thing..color..man...can't decide.. :D

I wonder if the shaft choices are limited to custom shafts, or are the special order shafts available as well...? I need to ask GG :D

I'm not sure which shaft yet... But maybe Kuro Kage Black. Man I'm confused...:banghead:

Shaft is my big issue. Just haven't got to spend much time with this head and Cobra opened the entire custom shaft line to us. My head is spinning a little.

Awesome stuff guys! If I got this PM right now, I would truly be lost. Looking forward to seeing what each of you go with.

Pressure's on! Can't wait to see what you all end up with.

Neither was I this fast, but I've got my mind going into full research mode, guess I won't be working the rest of today!!!
Pressure's on! Can't wait to see what you all end up with.
You got that right, I've never felt so much pressure for an awesome outcome in my life. This rocks!!! The best kind of pressure hands down!

I guess I can't go wrong with PX 5.5 in black...

Neither was I this fast, but I've got my mind going into full research mode, guess I won't be working the rest of today!!!

You got that right, I've never felt so much pressure for an awesome outcome in my life. This rocks!!! The best kind of pressure hands down!

wait what happened to #teamgotime

Castor I like where your head is at. Just pick a sweet looking color and get ready to roll

anyone care to think out loud?

Shaft is my big issue. Just haven't got to spend much time with this head and Cobra opened the entire custom shaft line to us. My head is spinning a little.

This is my problem. I know what shaft I want but not sure I can get it. Need back up plans

I love my combo of the regular driver, 3/4 wood, and 2/3 hybrid.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

Regardless - super pumped!!

Get ready to start making a lot of decisions fellas, the Morgan Cup is going to be here before you know it. Only 4 more months!

Maybe a hint on the bag color could help with my driver choice? :alien:

anyone care to think out loud?

I am thinking Amp Cell w/ Matrix Red or White Tie. Not sure which would give me better launch conditions. I thought I would go blue for the color but know I am not so sure. Also thought I was going with the Golf Pride Z grips but I have this other plan of putting the NDMC 360's from the ZL Encore on. I am all over the place right now.

I have inquired with Cobra about the shaft options. I will let you all know when I hear something. So have two options in mind just in case.

Back