Gummi Bear

Sporadic Golfer
Reaction score
Handicap
Bean Dip
My Momma's birthday is on Wednesday.

She wants a new golf bag. She doesn't walk very often (if she walks, it'll be a 9 hole, and she'll use a trolley) so I'm leaning toward getting her a Revolver bag.

Thing is though, cart bags don’t do so hot at the grass driving range. They fall right over.

What kind of device is there to hold the bag up? A folding wire frame is what I’m seeing in my head, some ranges have them. Where can I buy one? How do I search for one (searching for “portable golf bag stand” brings up a lot of junk)

Any help is sure appreciated.

Some of the larger Ogio or Sun Mountain Stand bags are too heavy to actually use as carry bags, but would do great for cart use and still give the advantage of a stand at the range. If it were me, particularly for a woman (smaller stature) I would look at one of these since they aren't as heavy as the Revolver, but still have lots of pockets.

My Momma's birthday is on Wednesday.

She wants a new golf bag. She doesn't walk very often (if she walks, it'll be a 9 hole, and she'll use a trolley) so I'm leaning toward getting her a Revolver bag.

Thing is though, cart bags don’t do so hot at the grass driving range. They fall right over.

What kind of device is there to hold the bag up? A folding wire frame is what I’m seeing in my head, some ranges have them. Where can I buy one? How do I search for one (searching for “portable golf bag stand” brings up a lot of junk)

Any help is sure appreciated.

Gummi-

Have you considered a hybrid bag? Something like the Ogio Ninja:

OgioNinja.jpg

Or last year's Nexos (this year's has the Woodē system instead of the Wedgē system):

297615_im_BLK%7EGOLD____0_gsi
dsc_0302.jpg

Gummi, I haven't had any issues with my Revolver falling over at the range. It stands up pretty good. Don't forget Bag Boy also has the Clip-Loc bag, I've seen some pretty good buys on them. I wish now that I would have bought one instead of the Revolver and saved myself $50 or $60.

Or, if she already has a push/pull cart, she could use that to hold the bag on the range.

I don't really want to get her another stand bag, she doesn't need it very often, and weight's not really an issue, she's got Pop or an attendant at the course to heft her bag.

I'm just looking for a rest for when she does go to the range.

Something like this:

20060221-riffa-driving-range2.JPG

Driving-Range.jpg

Gummi - I realize your father will carry it, but it seems like a pain to deal with. Does your mother have a problem bending over to get a club if the bag is on the ground?

Gummi - I realize your father will carry it, but it seems like a pain to deal with. Does your mother have a problem bending over to get a club if the bag is on the ground?

Not really, she just doesn't like her bag to be on the ground. I don't like mine to be on the ground like that either, so I can appreciate it.

I know they used to make stands that strap onto other (non-stand) bags to convert them into stand bags. That was before stand bags became so prevalent. Not sure if they are still available.

I corrected the URL.

Don't know about the seller though - I've never dealt with them.

That might work out great. I'll look into it some more.

Thanks guys!

That might work out great. I'll look into it some more.

Thanks guys!

I purchased one a while ago. It was carpy. But for what you are looking for it might be good. I had a carry bag that I tried to convert to a stand bag with this thing and I had so many problems with it. It never stayed on properly and hardly worked. The straps would slip and it would fall off the bottom and all kinds of other problems. But if all you are looking for her to use it for is at the driving range it will probably do the job.

Back