A Pact With the Devil.

He didn't say it had to be my possession that I was trading. :wink:

Paybacks a b*tch - you probably don't want to mess with the devil.

Plus three is 3 under par, - 3 is three over. Tiger is a plus 8, means he has to shoot a 64 on a par 72 to beat my -5.5 if I shoot 76 on the same golf course.

Played the game on and off my whole life and never knew that. Thanks for the explanation. I was never much into handicapps but if I speak of them again I will do so with the right information.

Played the game on and off my whole life and never knew that. Thanks for the explanation. I was never much into handicapps but if I speak of them again I will do so with the right information.

Ok - I know the truth now - you don't read my posts because I pointed that out in post #6. :banghead:

Paybacks a b*tch - you probably don't want to mess with the devil.

Oh I know. I've had a brush or two with her and her sister Karma.

Ok - I know the truth now - you don't read my posts because I pointed that out in post #6. :banghead:

Credit where credit due. You did. BUT you didn't provide the explanation that he did. I knew I was wrong when you pointed it out because I know you're into handicapps, but I was a little embarassed to ask because it's something I should have known.

Credit where credit due. You did. BUT you didn't provide the explanation that he did. I knew I was wrong when you pointed it out because I know you're into handicapps, but I was a little embarassed to ask because it's something I should have known.

A lot of longtime golfers don't know - you're not alone. I only know because I know someone who is a plus handicap and he explained it to me.

I still think bargaining for the lottery numbers is a better idea.

-JP

I would make a pact with the devil , but have said I would wear a dress if it
helped me play better....

Speaking of the Devil, tonite on TCM The Devil and Danial Webster is on..

I wouldnt make a deal with the devil to instantly be that good at golf. Id much rathar put in the work to become that good on my own. No matter how good you were, you'd still always know that your game was because of some shady deal with the devil, not because of your god-given talent and hard work.
Youve also gotta figure that the devil isnt going to give you what you want without you giving up something that you treasure and there would be some kinda weird, unexpected twist to the deal.
Think of any movie or TV show you have seen where someone made a deal with the devil, they NEVER get what they think they are getting and the devil always tricks those people into screwing themselves.

I wouldnt make a deal with the devil to instantly be that good at golf. Id much rathar put in the work to become that good on my own. No matter how good you were, you'd still always know that your game was because of some shady deal with the devil, not because of your god-given talent and hard work.
Youve also gotta figure that the devil isnt going to give you what you want without you giving up something that you treasure and there would be some kinda weird, unexpected twist to the deal.
Think of any movie or TV show you have seen where someone made a deal with the devil, they NEVER get what they think they are getting and the devil always tricks those people into screwing themselves.

Does this mean I have to keep Hubby?

There's only one thing I would make a deal with the devil for and it has nothing to do with golf or money. Those things are just not that important.

There's only one thing I would make a deal with the devil for and it has nothing to do with golf or money. Those things are just not that important.

Bacon ?

I think anyone who would agree to a deal with the devil only need look at Robert Johnson to see how well those deals work out.

I DID pose the question in the opening thread using "he/she" because, like many of you, I believe the devil could EASILY be a member of the fairer sex.

Oh the devil is a she. She has mastered the art of spending and giving me the "stink eye".

I thought Gary was Jewish.
Not that kind of Bacon.

Spoiler
1989-kevin-bacon-lg-82970707.jpg

Does this mean I have to keep Hubby?

You made that deal with the devil long ago. Your mother warned you.

After thinking about this over night, I don't know that I would make a deal with the devil. Who says that after you trade him what ever he is actually going to follow through and make you a better golfer?

I would not give up love, life or sushi. In reality I would never make a deal with the devil, but in the spirit of this thread, I might give up my sanity for being +10. That would make for some awesome TV.

I don't want any association with the devil....not even to win the lottery let alone improving my golf game.

I don't want any association with the devil....not even to win the lottery let alone improving my golf game.

x2............

QFT.

But, instead of making a deal with the devil, what would you give up to be a + handicapper?

I just couldn't give up bacon.

Brokeback Bacon?

kevin-bacon-3.jpg

But, instead of making a deal with the devil, what would you give up to be a + handicapper?

Nothing. It's the journey as much as the destination.

I wouldn't mind, however, if the journey was a little quicker, had less traffic, and was accident free.

Back