What do you do with golf balls you find on the course?

My golf partner likes Callaway golf balls so if I find any, I offer them to him. I have yet to find a pristine Pro-V or NXT, when I do, I'll keep it.

For the most part, I leave them where I find them.

Usually give them to one of my playing companions. That or I'll keep them to give to some of the kids who are usually either playing the par 3 course or the Executive 9 course (our facility has those plus the 18 hole regulation course). I'm too picky to keep most balls I find. :confused2:

As long as the cover doesnt have any bad cuts, Im keep 'em and play 'em. Ive lost plenty of balls over the years, its nice to find a few every now and then.
A while back I found a Top-Flite XL 2000. That ball was waaay clicky, but I played some of the best golf Ive played lately with that ball.
Im partial to Bridgestone/Precept and Srixon when it comes to what balls I buy, but I play any ball I find on the course, regardless of what brand they are.

I love finding lost golf balls on the course.

My record is 32 in one round. I don't really get too mad when folks are playing slow, I just start whacking the weeds near where I'm waiting to make my shot, and start picking them up. I still usually find more than I lose.

Sometimes I'll give them to friends or family (my Momma will feed the water monster 3 before taking a drop, she's funny like that)

I keep a 5 gallon bucket of balls in my shed for hitting into the net. Anyone that asks, or is just taking up the game, I'll gift them a milk jug full of balls to get started with.

I'll toss into my bag:
  • Bridgestone - E6, B330RX
  • Titleist - NXT Tour, Pro V1, Pro V1x
  • Nike - One, Ignite
  • Srixon - Z-Star, Soft/Feel
  • Taylor Made - TP Red/Black
  • Callaway - Tour i, Tour56, HX Hot/Pearl/Hot Bite

All others go in the bucket.

Twerpy and I washed my truck today, she found 7 balls rolling around back there that I'd found and just tossed back there.

If I'm playing alone I'll usually pick the ball up and throw it in my bag. If I'm playing with other people I'll toss it to someone else depending on what ball it is. I usually find Top Flite balls on the course that I play most often. I'll give them away. A couple months ago I was playing with an older couple and their "older" (should read middle aged) daughter. She was just picking up the game. I found 6-8 balls and gave them to her. One was a pink noodle. I figured gave it to her and said "You'll probably take less of a ribbing playing this than I would." She just laughed and said thanks.

Nothing special.I just pick em up and play them when needed.

I just leave them there. I don't need them and I know other people really enjoy finding them.

I pick them up if I'm sure they are lost balls,I have a playing partner that walks along the edge of the fairway looking for balls after each shot.His motto finders keepers loser's weepers

You can find a lot of them in the desert just off the fairway. Most of the local courses do not have adjacent holes, so if it is in there, it is abandoned. I don't look for them, but if I accidently find one, I stick it in my bag if it is a premium, if not, I toss it in the edge of the fairway for someone else.

When I lived in Arkansas and wasn't as good a player, I had a course with 2 clear water creeks braided through it. If I was low on balls, I would walk it during a slow time and just make sure my path was along the creeks. I would empty my bag before I started and practically have to drag my bag up 18. I got to where I threw back everything that didn't say Titliest on it. It was amazing how many balls were in those creeks. I don't do that anymore, don't have the time or inclination.

I keep them. I'm usually in the deep woods when I am looking for my ball.

I used to pick them up if they were in good condition and were tour quality balls. Now with some very nice 3 layers going for $20/box I don't see the point, unless it is a certain type I have wanted to "demo"! :D

I used to pick them up if they were in good condition and were tour quality balls. Now with some very nice 3 layers going for $20/box I don't see the point, unless it is a certain type I have wanted to "demo"! :D
Hey, which 3 layer balls are you referring to? I know the Top Flite Gamer fits in the $20/dz category, but most 3 layers I know start at $25 or more. I'd love to have more options! :big-smile:

Pick 'em up, clean 'em up, then use them.
I think it's funny when I find range balls on the links.

I just sent a 10 pound, heavy duty box of used balls to my Nephew in Baghdad. They crave getting stuff like that. :clapp:

I just sent a 10 pound, heavy duty box of used balls to my Nephew in Baghdad. They crave getting stuff like that. :clapp:

There's a great story I heard that involves a golf ball, golf club, cement wall and an Army base in Iraq. It makes me laugh everytime I hear it or think about it. :laughing:

Hey, which 3 layer balls are you referring to? I know the Top Flite Gamer fits in the $20/dz category, but most 3 layers I know start at $25 or more. I'd love to have more options! :big-smile:

Thanks to JB I now look around on the net (older models in bulk) and also find great deals at places like Academy where if you purchase 2 or more boxes of HX Hot Bite's or the Srixon/Bridgestone flavor it breaks down to almost $20 a box when they are on sell.

IMO nothing beats the Gamer right now, unless it is the WilsonStaff Zip but we are out of those down here right now so don't know the pricepoint!

And as already mentioned in another post the troops love getting them overseas, though everyone we were with used them for target practice/fun/pranks etc more than anything else, but 'Stan is more long range engagement vs the Sandbox so maybe that is why? :confused2:

Pick 'em up, clean 'em up, then use them.
I think it's funny when I find range balls on the links.

MO_Hacker's course has the driving range next to the first hole. I don't really remember seeing range balls in the fairway, but I have hit my first drive into the driving range two out of three times I've played there.

Smiley's, the executive course we play is mainly a driving range with a 3,400 yard golf course next to it. The right hand side of the range is next to either the second or third hole, and there are almost always dozens of range balls in the fairway. There is a slowdown on that hole quite often. It doglegs right, so I usually try to cut the dogleg so my ball isn't usually among all the range balls.

MO_Hacker's course has the driving range next to the first hole. I don't really remember seeing range balls in the fairway, but I have hit my first drive into the driving range two out of three times I've played there.

Smiley's, the executive course we play is mainly a driving range with a 3,400 yard golf course next to it. The right hand side of the range is next to either the second or third hole, and there are almost always dozens of range balls in the fairway. There is a slowdown on that hole quite often. It doglegs right, so I usually try to cut the dogleg so my ball isn't usually among all the range balls.

There are usually a few range balls in the first part of the fairway on #1, heck I've found them all the way out by the fairway of #9 before. When I'm using the range I'm always afraid I might skull some poor soul on accident.:bulgy-eyes:

I know, MO, it's right next to it. Perhaps the reason I don't remember seeing many range balls in the fairway is because I am always looking for my tee shot in the driving range? :confused2::confused2::confused2:

There are usually a few range balls in the first part of the fairway on #1, heck I've found them all the way out by the fairway of #9 before. When I'm using the range I'm always afraid I might skull some poor soul on accident.:bulgy-eyes:

My friend did that - burst an artery in the guy's head. Huge bloody mess. He said the best thing was that the guy was a guest at his club and not a fellow member so he didn't have to face him again. He did bring him to the hospital, paid the bill and sent him a case of scotch.

Back