SethO

IXOYE
Reaction score
Stemming from a conversation in another thread, here is the sushi thread. A place for all us addicts to talk and yearn for the Japanese delicacy.

I absolutely love it. I have had it all over the country and even in Japan 3 years ago. There are millions of great places to get it and hundreds of great pieces and rolls. However I will say, that the Volcano that is done at a place called Samurai Blue in Tampa is the best I have ever had. I know our friends at Taylormade will now agree with us since they got to experience it as well.

Sounds good to me. There are still two more months left of Abalone season, I have to get my fix to last for the rest of the year.

There is some fantastic sushi here in Philly but some of the best was in San Diego. Of course that was on a bluff overlooking the Pacific and they'd only serve you one roll at a time made fresh in front of you. I may have been influenced by the atmosphere a little bit. :D

Did anyone catch the Man vs Food with the 10 levels of spicy tuna? That was some funny stuff.

We sure did TGM. I think I would have made it to about 5. That was craziness.

Sushi is usually my first date place. It gives me a chance to eat it, impress her by the ammount of money I will spend, and to see if she likes it. Not liking sushi could possibly be a deal breaker.

Did anyone catch the Man vs Food with the 10 levels of spicy tuna? That was some funny stuff.

One of my fave shows but I missed it...I'll have to catch it online somewhere. Sounds awesome!

I like sushi a lot. Never used to until I came out here, but now I eat it quite regularly. I haven't made it to Masa yet. Nor, in fairness am I likely to. The prix fixe there is $400, though I am told that it includes wine pairing, so that's not so bad. I would like to go to Nobu some time. I imagine that would be pretty darn good.

I'm a big fan of the crunchy spicy tuna or salmon rolls that they do here. That with spicy mayonnaise and I'm sold. There's a store near where I live that does these tuna and shrimp volcano rolls that I like a LOT. And now it's nearly lunchtime and I have a sushi craving.

Sushi is usually my first date place. It gives me a chance to eat it, impress her by the ammount of money I will spend, and to see if she likes it. Not liking sushi could possibly be a deal breaker.

I agree its a deal breaker. When I started dating Gasmam, we would go at least 3 times a week at 3 different spots. My wallet was hurting but my belly was so happy.
One of my fave shows but I missed it...I'll have to catch it online somewhere. Sounds awesome!

Its the South Carolina one, its pretty good. Im with JB, once he gets to 7 its pretty insane.

I resisted trying it for years, but once I did, I was an instant addict. My local supermarket has a Sushi Chef who makes fresh sushi daily. Lots of times, I will stop by there on the way home and pick some up. We also have a couple of decent places I have tried here in Tucson. Haven't tried it elsewhere, so I am just a neophyte.

The biggest problem I have out here is that it is hard to find a new sushi bar. There are so many spots out here that you have to sift through them all to find the good ones. Im still trying to find a decent one by my new office.

I don't like sushi - it's a texture thing. I don't like the way it feels in my mouth. (Please refrain from any comments.) That being said, I've gone to some very nice sushi restaurants in many cities with clients. Yeah - I'm the one eating edamame and rice.

Huge fan, especially enjoy the rolls with unagi. Went to Japan two years back and ate at an incredible place on the southern island of Kyushu. My wife's uncle took us to a place where everything is live until you order it. Then they do the dirty work and serve it in a way so that the unused parts (head, tail, etc..) are part of the presentation. We had a fish called aji and the mouth and tail were still moving (nerves). Once that was consumed, they took the plate away and then proceded to create soup from the left overs and served that. We also had squid in the same fashion, and it was soo cool to see the flesh shimmering from white to purple..

Love the stuff..

I don't like sushi - it's a texture thing. I don't like the way it feels in my mouth. (Please refrain from any comments.) That being said, I've gone to some very nice sushi restaurants in many cities with clients. Yeah - I'm the one eating edamame and rice.

I bet you always get "Your crazy" comments from the people that you go to those restaurants with. I can understand about not liking a texture. I abhor keish, but love omlets.

I bet you always get "Your crazy" comments from the people that you go to those restaurants with. I can understand about not liking a texture. I abhor keish, but love omlets.

That took me a minute - at first I thought you meant you hate knishes and I was thinking that's made from potato, but then I realized you meant quiche.

No, they don't say I'm crazy. They just keep telling me I'll like it if I try it. No - I have tried it - I don't like it.

That took me a minute - at first I thought you meant you hate knishes and I was thinking that's made from potato, but then I realized you meant quiche.

No, they don't say I'm crazy. They just keep telling me I'll like it if I try it. No - I have tried it - I don't like it.

I do not like them Sam I am! :)

Im going to go tonight to Tatsuki and I havent been there in a while. Its a little hole in the wall but so good. Ive been going there for close to 15 years, so it will be awkward when I walk in after close to a year lay off. This place has the best monk fish liver in LA and the stuffed squid is pretty dam good too.

Im going to go tonight to Tatsuki and I havent been there in a while. Its a little hole in the wall but so good. Ive been going there for close to 15 years, so it will be awkward when I walk in after close to a year lay off. This place has the best monk fish liver in LA and the stuffed squid is pretty dam good too.

Now I want Sushi. But we have THP Fantasy Football tonight.

Ah, ha. So that is how you spell quiche. I even did a google search before I made that post and they had "Keish" recipes.

I took my step-sister out last week for a ton of sushi. Lobster and dragon rolls FTW. You guys are blessed to have such great restaurants close to you.

Love sushi.

And even if I didn't like it on its own merits, I would love it because it is a superior soy sauce delivery device.

Love sushi.

And even if I didn't like it on its own merits, I would love it because it is a superior soy sauce delivery device.

I don't like soy sauce with my sushi. Disguises the taste too much for me. But, that is just my opinion.

Back