thedue

Another Day in Paradise
Reaction score
Handicap
It came in the mail today...

Do I open it or what? The final sacrifice, lol? Dang it, just not right! Liz is 44 and laughing at me, but she get's the discounts too... :at-wits-end:

Don't go over to the Dark Side!

How much wine have you had tonight?

Just not excited about 50... I'll open it in a couple day's.

I have been a member for quite a while. Both good, and "bothersome" come with their card. Plus, they like to send you renewal bills way before your current subscription is up.

How much wine have you had tonight?

Not at all. Here I get on my political high horse.

Seniors, because they vote, are proportionately way too powerful in this country. AARP is the worst of it--who cares about child health, education, etc. etc.--give me my Social Security and other benefits. Boomers, ever greedy, are going to make the whole tilt to the elderly even worse. They (okay, we) will bankrupt our kids to subsidize ourselves. Social Security is an enormous wealth transfer from the young and working poor to the old. Medicare is as bad. AARP is relentless in lobbying for all this stuff.

And yes, this is all a bit of an exaggeration. But I still loathe AARP.

Thanks for the heads up Provisional, I'll watch for that. Do you feel the discounts are worthwhile? I travel a lot and most motels will discount if you ask them for their "business Rate".

If it makes you feel better, my buddy's dad thought it'd be funny to sign his son and I up to receive AARP benefits for our 21st birthdays. It took me nearly 5 years to convince them that I wasn't over 50! :D

Claire, I think your right on the mark, only the seniors leverage along with this healthcare debate may just tilt things back to center where it belongs. I'm pretty scared for my kids and what they face fixing this debacle

I find that their discounts are worth while some times. But as you are thinking, their discounts do coincide with others that are available. I know some folks who are happy with their health plan, and other programs they offer. More positive than negative.
Thanks for the heads up Provisional, I'll watch for that. Do you feel the discounts are worthwhile? I travel a lot and most motels will discount if you ask them for their "business Rate".

Back