The Feel Sorry for Me Thread

MistyKeene

Today is the Day
Reaction score
Handicap
:)
Had a small out patient surgery today. (everything is fine). Now I'm at home recovering. Soooo, what do I do with my free time? Take a nap, read, catch up on TV? No, I'm using my "day off" to do 6 hours of online defensive driving class. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I'll learn to drive a tad bit slower, I swear :D

Get well soon Misty. TV is always the best. THP works well to keep people busy too...hehe. There is a package that was delivered to your office today, that may make you get better soon.

Get well soon Misty. TV is always the best. THP works well to keep people busy too...hehe. There is a package that was delivered to your office today, that may make you get better soon.

haha, I'll be fine - I'm more upset about this horrible online defensive driving class!

YEAH!! My secretary sent me an email a little bit ago and said my package arrived at the office!! I have to wait until tomorrow to get it!! So excited!!! I'll post pics soon!!! (That's a lot of exclamation points, but I'm that excited!!)

Your THP friends will be here all night long to keep you company I am sure.

Your THP friends will be here all night long to keep you company I am sure.

At least through this 6 hour beast :)

I'll learn to drive a tad bit slower, I swear :D

Or, you could just get one of these:

whistler-xtr-140-20090203235910.jpg

Hope you're 100% today, Misty!

I, meanwhile, am zero percent. At some point yesterday evening, I felt like I'd been hit by a truck. Went to bed at 8:30 and was there, sleeping, more or less until an hour ago. I still feel like carp.

The good news is that I'm not at SIL's. She kept calling, saying I could sleep as easily at hers as here. No way--I'm in my own bed, all by myself, with no one talking to me or trying to make me feel better or asking me for help. I just wish I could sit upright without feeling dizzy.

I, meanwhile, am zero percent. At some point yesterday evening, I felt like I'd been hit by a truck. Went to bed at 8:30 and was there, sleeping, more or less until an hour ago. I still feel like carp.

The good news is that I'm not at SIL's. She kept calling, saying I could sleep as easily at hers as here. No way--I'm in my own bed, all by myself, with no one talking to me or trying to make me feel better or asking me for help. I just wish I could sit upright without feeling dizzy.

Feel better, Claire. Nothing worse than a holiday weekend feeling like carp.

Kevin

I sent it. Sorry for the delay.

Last edited:
I have the updated version of that detector, like it a lot.

The funny thing is, I haven't used a radar detector since they raised the speed limit from 55 mph. I actually drive slower now than I did before. I always had Unidens.

Love the fish, esox! No worries on the other.

Radar detectors are no help with helicopters.

Radar detectors are no help with helicopters.

These days, they often aren't helpful at all. The cops just "pulse" on the radar instead of keeping it on. So the first signal the detector receives is the one that busts you. The only way the detectors are really helpful is if you happen to pick up a signal from the police pulsing on traffic in front of you.

But it's kinda moot with me anyway. I just don't really drive fast any more.

Yikes! I hope you didn't get what I had last weekend from reading my posts!

Feel all better soon!

Yikes! I hope you didn't get what I had last weekend from reading my posts!

Feel all better soon!

Thanks. I've been up for a few hours at a time today. Could even read work stuff. Maybe tomorrow I'll leave the house.

Hope you get better,maybe tomorrow a round of golf would help.

Thank you. Hope you are feeling better yourself!!! That does not sound fun. Ever figure out what was causing it?

Thank you. Hope you are feeling better yourself!!! That does not sound fun. Ever figure out what was causing it?

I think she's allergic to her SIL's house! She'll be OK when the family gets back! hehehe
I used to come down with something whenever I had to go to my SIL's house too.

Feeling much better today, but I think Smallie's on to something!

I'm telling you!

Back