Official Rant of the Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stung by a monster of a wasp on Sunday. Burned for like he|| for 12 hours and I had to have ice on it the whole time. Had to got to the doctor today because of the incredibly red, localized rash I have as well as arthritis-like pain.

This was the sucker that got me, apparently called a Great Black Wasp:
sphex%20pennsylvanicus.jpg

Stung by a monster of a wasp on Sunday. Burned for like he|| for 12 hours and I had to have ice on it the whole time. Had to got to the doctor today because of the incredibly red, localized rash I have as well as arthritis-like pain.

This was the sucker that got me, apparently called a Great Black Wasp:
sphex%20pennsylvanicus.jpg

Ouch....!

At home, I still can't get my new (Vista 64-bit) laptop to connect to my HP LaserJet printer (either directly or through the network when connected to another computer) despite the fact that there is a driver to do just that.

The comment on HP's website is downright offensive to me:

1 - Sorry, your product is not supported in the Microsoft Windows Vista Operating System.

We are sorry to inform you there will not be any Windows Vista operating system printer drivers available for your product.

For more information about upgrade programs and new product information, please go to the HP Trade-In/Trade-Up Website, or HP Shopping.

If you are using the new Windows Vista operating system on your PC, consider an upgrade to a newer HP product that will work with Microsoft’s new Vista operating system.
Bite me. The printer is only three years old. I haven't even had to replace the toner cartridge yet.

*Note: Mine is allegedly compatible. In theory anyway.

Washed both cars last night after three weeks of being too busy to do so. They look so nice when they're clean, especially mine!

On my drive into work, the lawn sprinklers of businesses that line the road that leads to the highway are flooding the streets. The speed limit is 55mph and there are cars behind me so I can't slow down. Now there are splash marks on the sides of my car. :angry:

Washed both cars last night after three weeks of being too busy to do so. They look so nice when they're clean, especially mine!

On my drive into work, the lawn sprinklers of businesses that line the road that leads to the highway are flooding the streets. The speed limit is 55mph and there are cars behind me so I can't slow down. Now there are splash marks on the sides of my car. :angry:

I don't even bother.. a car wash for me is an afternoon rain storm :) If I'm lucky it's a thunderstorm with lots of wind.. :) :)

At home, I still can't get my new (Vista 64-bit) laptop to connect to my HP LaserJet printer (either directly or through the network when connected to another computer) despite the fact that there is a driver to do just that.

The comment on HP's website is downright offensive to me:

Bite me. The printer is only three years old. I haven't even had to replace the toner cartridge yet.

*Note: Mine is allegedly compatible. In theory anyway.

My wife is running 64 bit Vista as well and she fusses all the time about all the programs she has that will not run on 64 bit. She says they should have informed her before she chose it over the 32 bit version when she first got it.

We spent a week at the inlaws. Were home two days. Went to my folks for a week. We're home tonight and tomorrow. Off to SIL's for the long weekend on Friday. Back Monday. School starts Tuesday. I am so totally overwhelms with what's not getting done I just want to crawl under a rock.

No wine. Riiiiiiiiggghhht.

YOU go spend four days with my sister-in-law. And her husband who can't stop giving on-course lessons, no matter what you say to him.

I hate knocking myself back to east coast time. It's going to be a long, long day.

We spent a week at the inlaws. Were home two days. Went to my folks for a week. We're home tonight and tomorrow. Off to SIL's for the long weekend on Friday. Back Monday. School starts Tuesday. I am so totally overwhelms with what's not getting done I just want to crawl under a rock.

Sorry but I've dealt with fleas for the last week + and I just moved into the apartment. We have unpacked very little due to taking care of this problem. :banghead: I thought moving to this apartment would be stress free. I'm waiting for the stress to go away.

I hate knocking myself back to east coast time. It's going to be a long, long day.

Ain't that the truth. The good thing about being in the middle of the country is the shock is minimal, but it's still easier to fly west than to fly east. I had no problem when we went to Hawai'i but it took me a few days to recover after coming back.

I took today off to just sit around with my baby boy. It's 8:17am CST and work has called 4 times. :banghead:

Last edited:
I am officially P.O.'ed!!! I bought a round trip ticket from Tucson to Denver and back. My boss called and wanted to see me ealier. I couldn't change the ticket without a penalty larger than the price of the original ticket, so I just booked another one way ticket to Denver that arrived earlier. That only cost half as much. I get to the airport in Denver this morning to use the return portion of a ticket I already purchased and was told I could not use it since I did not take the first leg of the trip. I had to shell out another $228 for my trip back to Tucson. This will cost me about $400 extra total to have 2 hours earlier arrival in Denver to meet with my boss. This is just highway robbery. If I already bought the first ticket, I feel like those were my seats, whether or not I chose to sit in one of them shouldn't prevent me from sitting in the second. I already paid for it once! To top it off, they wanted another $20 to check a bag. I could have sent it by UPS for $5. This is crap!!!

I am officially P.O.'ed!!! I bought a round trip ticket from Tucson to Denver and back. My boss called and wanted to see me ealier. I couldn't change the ticket without a penalty larger than the price of the original ticket, so I just booked another one way ticket to Denver that arrived earlier. That only cost half as much. I get to the airport in Denver this morning to use the return portion of a ticket I already purchased and was told I could not use it since I did not take the first leg of the trip. I had to shell out another $228 for my trip back to Tucson. This will cost me about $400 extra total to have 2 hours earlier arrival in Denver to meet with my boss. This is just highway robbery. If I already bought the first ticket, I feel like those were my seats, whether or not I chose to sit in one of them shouldn't prevent me from sitting in the second. I already paid for it once! To top it off, they wanted another $20 to check a bag. I could have sent it by UPS for $5. This is crap!!!

(somber) Duuude.....

If you don't mind not having assigned seating, Southwest doesn't charge to make any changes to your flights, just the fare difference. You can also change only one leg of the flight and leave the other alone. Just make sure you don't dress like a scumbag or a woman of ill repute and you should be ok!

So I am out in my front yard sawing up some wood for camp fires this week end. I am using a "sawz-all" with a 4" blade on it. While I am doing this my wife is on the cell phone to cox communications about our cable service not working. Guy shows up and says the problem is with their vault connections down the street. He comes back and says we are all fixed up, and that everything should be working. Wrong. I tell him to check the service wire where it connects to the house. No signal. Now we are getting some where. I ask him how the service wire would run underground to the street. He tells me to the property line, and then along the property line to the street. I ask him to disconnect the connection, and I start pulling the wire out of the ground. It's only about 3" under ground, and instead running to the property line, the wire runs to middle of my yard where I was cutting the fire wood. :banghead: When I had sawed through the wood, the saw blade went into the ground, and cut the service cable. No problem, a simple splice, and we are really back in business. Wait a minute? There is going to be a "charge" for the damage to the service cable. I told him I don't think so since the service wire was not installed per code, on private property. A few heated words :bicker: with his supervisor, and my knowledge of utility codes, and we "really are" good to go. Even got some new wire for my cable connection in the garage:clapp:

If you don't mind not having assigned seating, Southwest doesn't charge to make any changes to your flights, just the fare difference. You can also change only one leg of the flight and leave the other alone. Just make sure you don't dress like a scumbag or a woman of ill repute and you should be ok!

:rofl: :act-up:

Call the President of the airline. I did that once when I made reservations and checked twice to make sure I could bring my (somewhat large) dog. I was assured I could. Somehow, I figured out that there policy didn't allow that weight and when I called the third and fourth times, the policy was confirmed. I ended up writing and calling the President of the airline and I was given permission to bring my dog even though he was over the allowable weight limit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back