Labor Day Weekend

Looks like Jeffann and I are golfing someplace this weekend.

That's great! I didn't realize you two played golf together. I am sure this has been discussed a ton of times but I haven't been around much so I apologize if I missed that : )

JB and I are going to the other coast for the weekend and we get to take our baby girl with us (our dog, Ellie). I am working a half day today and then we are heading over there.

I am going to Dragon Con tomorrow (Saturday) and have a 12:30 tee time Sunday and I need to get one for Monday.

GG said it above. We are taking off until Sunday and then it is back home for more apparel pictures to get ready for Fall Fashion Preview

My parents built a house over on the other coast (Cinnamon Beach) in the Ocean Hammock Resort area. It used to be the Ginn Resort. Two beautiful courses and we finally get to see their home they have been building for what seems like ever. Here is the club. Just simply beautiful.

Enjoy championship golf courses at a Florida golf resort

GG and JB I am a little slow. When Golfer Gal said a trip to the other coast I thought she meant the West coast. :confused2: I thought a weekend trip to California from Florida with a dog might be a stretch but JB’s posting cleared that up for me.

Looks like a very nice play. Enjoy your weekend! :banana::blob::alien2:

Tonight - Drinks & Cigars after work
Saturday - Golf & Cigars with my dads buddy
Sunday - Laundry and time over at the folks plus a sidejob for a little extra $$
Monday - Cookout and most likely a drink or two, watching the race and golf.

Craig: you forgot the cigars on Sunday and Monday!

Craig: you forgot the cigars on Sunday and Monday!

Tonight is a must, I like to finish off a busy week with one. Saturday my Dads buddy will smoke 3-4 on the course and since I am bringing a few from a famous little island I'll have one too. Sunday probably won't happen due to time constraints. Monday is a questionable because we don't always smoke cigars when the GF's/wives/kids are around, but I'll have one handy :D

Tonight - Going with my friends to George's in Waco, TX. Famous for their Big O's. (George's Restaurant and Catering)

Tomorrow - Child of a friend's birthday party, football watch party for the OSU / Georgia game (go Pokes), and then football watch party for the University of Texas game.

Sunday - Running the Kolache 5000 5K for WestFest (West, TX) (Westfest) then will proceed directly to the lake for a Labor Day house boat party that will end sometime Monday.

Monday - Hitting the links with my old war veteran group!

Golf and sweet corn weekend here in Cheeseland.

Hitting balls tonight with the Wife and Daughter and may play a few holes. Hitting balls and playing with the Wife and Daughter tomorrow. Playing in a couples outing on Sunday with my Wife, then going to my BIL's for a corn roast where my Daughter will be swimming with a friend while we golf. Hitting balls and playing with my Wife and Daughter on Monday.

We like to golf.

Kevin

Esox - What is a corn roast?

Esox - What is a corn roast?

When the Packers start playing it's time to roast corn. Late summer in Cheeseland the bi-color sweet corn reaches maturity. Ever year, the Sunday before Labor Day my SIL and BIL buy hundreds of ears of of this delectable vegetable, as do thousands of other families. You soak the ears still in the husks in tubs of water, then when they are nicely water logged you throw them over charcoal on the rack of a grill made from half a 55 gallon drum, or Weber Kettle, etc. Roast the ears still in the husk, they steam and roast at the same time, until the husks char nicely. Peel the husks, dip in coffee cans filled with melted butter, salt and pepper liberally, then chew your way back and forth across the cob like a manual typewriter. Do this to four or five ears.

Wash down with cold beer, and accompany with your choice of grilled meat sandwich.

Kevin

Sounds like fun. We don't do that here - there isn't enough corn.

Leaving work in about 30 minutes go home get my dog, my wife and my granddaughter and head to Mobile, Alabama to spend a long weekend with my daughter that lives there. Spend a little time on the beach, my daughter lives about 15 minutes from the beach in Mobile.:banana:

Have an early tee time setup for my wife & I sunday morning at Hawks View in Lake Geneva. Going to play Barn Hollow which is there par 3 course. Supposedly it's identical to their regular course only mini sized. It's something like 3,000 yds from the blues. Never been there, should be fun.

Hoping I feel better at some point over the weekend.

Playing some golf tonight, and maybe some soccer.
Tomorrow is going to the state fair for most the day with a friend or two.
Sunday is sleep in and eat, go practice at the home course.
Monday get a huge soccer match going with my friends.

When the Packers start playing it's time to roast corn. Late summer in Cheeseland the bi-color sweet corn reaches maturity. Ever year, the Sunday before Labor Day my SIL and BIL buy hundreds of ears of of this delectable vegetable, as do thousands of other families. You soak the ears still in the husks in tubs of water, then when they are nicely water logged you throw them over charcoal on the rack of a grill made from half a 55 gallon drum, or Weber Kettle, etc. Roast the ears still in the husk, they steam and roast at the same time, until the husks char nicely. Peel the husks, dip in coffee cans filled with melted butter, salt and pepper liberally, then chew your way back and forth across the cob like a manual typewriter. Do this to four or five ears.

Wash down with cold beer, and accompany with your choice of grilled meat sandwich.

Kevin

I like to do this when ever I'm having corn on the cob. I throw it on the grill and cook it, then throw the dogs or steaks or what ever meat we are having with them. Nothing compares to roasted corn. :drool:

I hit the driving range yesterday afternoon with my brothers new driver, his tour burner driver & 3-wood, and my new rescue club. Right out of the box I hit the R7 CGB Max straight. I couldn't believe it. I then hit the Burner and 3-wood straight too. I sure hope I can hit them straight today on the course.

NO golf for me this weekend, but I do have a couple of nice racks of St. Louis style ribs smoking on the grill right now... good BBQ is almost as good as good golf... :cool:

Well, I've already seen two things I'd love to be doing except I'm in the wrong part of the country. George's in Waco was one of my favorite spots to go! (still loved Buzzard Billy's the most) And a corn roast...*sigh* I miss those!

Yesterday I stayed home and did work all morning/early afternoon. Wholesale is sooo much fun - really. But managed to get all 588 units down, even the ones my dealers usually don't like to take. After that, took my fiance clothes shopping around town and ended the night at Chili's for dinner around 8:30pm.

Headed out for 18 around 11am at one of the city munis. Haven't played this one in about 2 months, so should be a good round.

Gah! Rain and more rain. I hope it clears up soon.

It's cloudy here. The radar looks good and the forecast says no rain, so hopefully we'll be OK. (It wasn't supposed to rain the other day either, but you know how that goes!)

Pouring rain here as well. Thunder and everything.

A little early for the rain to start, but should help the courses.

On the way to the other coast, we passed this sign that should be Harry's new street to live on.

641083338_WiGdj-M.jpg

Back