Nike Clothing Scripts for Saturday at Deutsche

Harry Longshanks

ILikeBigPutts&ICannotLie
Reaction score
Nike Golfers Celebrate Kickoff of College Football Season - The Shop Blog

September 02, 2009
Nike Golfers Celebrate Kickoff of College Football Season

College football fans are eagerly anticipating the start of the season this weekend, and golfers are no exception, especially those who went to schools with rich football traditions.

On Saturday, during the second round of the Deutsche Bank Championship at TPC Boston, several of Nike's top staff players will wear outfits that show their true school colors. They include Tiger Woods (Stanford), Anthony Kim (Oklahoma), Stewart Cink (Georgia Tech), Lucas Glover (Clemson), Carl Pettersson (North Carolina State), Justin Leonard (Texas) and Paul Casey (Arizona State).

6a00d8341caaef53ef0120a53c233a970b-pi

You know, I realize that orange isn't always the most stylish color. But there are plenty of ways to make Burnt Orange look good. Justin Leonard's outfit is not one of them. I hope it looks better in person.

Harry, I agree that it will be interesting to see them on television. I can’t decide if I really like any of these. I think if I had to pick my top three it would be Kim, Cink and Glover; not necessarily in that order.

Very cool idea!

I agree Justin Leonard's outfit is not very good.

Kim's is prob the only one that is tolerable....not the best outfits from Nike

I don't like the colors of Stewart Cink's and my guess is Lucas Glover looks like a giant toddler in his, but the rest look ok to me.

I love this idea, how fun! I also think Justin Leonard's will look good.

I love this idea, how fun! I also think Justin Leonard's will look good.

• Best contest entry EVAH.
  • Baseball lover.
  • Naked feet photo.
  • And now complementing Justin Leonard's Longhorn tribute clothing.

You're just toying with my emotions aren't you soxy?

Spoiler
:wink:

Justin Leonard's shirt doesn't look nearly as bad as the drawing in the script. No grey stripes, and they got the burnt orange color right (it's burnt orange instead of "inmate orange".)

Deutsche+Bank+Championship+Round+Two+v4KN7rQJjEal.jpg

^^^ Burnt Orange (Justin Leonard)

Inmate Orange (Lucas Glover):
Deutsche+Bank+Championship+Round+Two+CiBmBJZsOrml.jpg

Is it just me, or has AK lost weight? (Maybe he just heard about OU's loss to BYU.)
Deutsche+Bank+Championship+Round+Two+4w1P5GneoYml.jpg

Tiger (Way to commit to the school colors Tiger
rolleyes.gif
. I mean, come on dude, the school nickname is "The Cardinal."):
Deutsche+Bank+Championship+Round+Two+XFl_JQTN4FWl.jpg

(couldn't find any photos of Pettersson or Cink.)

That IS NOT AK! It looks nothing like him!

That first one still doesn't quite look like him, but the second does. My guess is the lighting in the first two is just making him look different. The first post with him looks like a completely different person to me.

*EDIT*

I realize this is the complete wrong place to ask this question, but I'm curious. Upon closer look on the first picture of AK that Harry posted, the shaft in his diver looks different. I know in the past he has generally used a Matrix HD7 or HD8, but that shaft doesn't look like his Matrix HD graphics (he has an all white shaft in there about 90% of the time), and I don't recognize the graphics. Does anyone know what shaft he's playing in the driver?

AK looks emaciated.

LURV Tiger's clothes today!

5ff79a100a38d178d5e9667549a0865f-getty-84058460mc001_deutsche_bank.jpg

cd61b8f81273538aac7e0d5b6e240d34-getty-84058460mc006_deutsche_bank.jpg

ea17edfee538a29fc7a84d9ec21601fa-getty-84058460mc005_deutsche_bank.jpg

a71c534abd2eb1de3b1ef8cfb180e9ee-getty-84058460mc007_deutsche_bank.jpg

Harry want!
drool-2.gif

JB-

Any chance you could find out the models and colors of this shirt and pants? I looked all over Nike's Golf website and the Nike Store, but couldn't find them.

Likely, they are part of the TW Platinum collection and I won't be able to afford them anyway, but a boy can dream can't he . . .

Email sent to Nike. They are part of the TW collection that hits on 10/1. We should have the skus for you by Tuesday.

Email sent to Nike. They are part of the TW collection that hits on 10/1. We should have the skus for you by Tuesday.

As usual, you da' man JB.

I also really liked Tiger’s outfit. I think I’ll be picking up one of those shirts for my golf trip in mid-October. :banana:

I'm really looking forward to Nike Golf's Fall stuff/website.

AK looks emaciated.

Totally agree!

I'm with Harry - I think AK's weight loss is because he realized his team just started and ended their season with the loss to BYU. I dislike OU, but that will hurt our strength of schedule when we (Okla State) play them.

Totally agree!

I'm with Harry - I think AK's weight loss is because he realized his team just started and ended their season with the loss to BYU. I dislike OU, but that will hurt our strength of schedule when we (Okla State) play them.

I think what will hurt your chances most is when you play Texas.

Whoa-ho! That's right baby, I went there!!!
hookem.gif
Longhorn.gif
hookem.gif
http://s340.photobucket.com/albums/o325/HarryLongshanks/emoticons/?action=view&current=hookem.gifhttp://s340.photobucket.com/albums/o325/HarryLongshanks/emoticons/?action=view&current=Longhorn.gif

Back