The Official Tiger Woods Thread

When he has one 2 or more before Augusta, he has went on to win at least six times in each of those years. He is back, the questions are, will he win a major and who will compete. It may not be as dire for the rest of the field as Freddie articulates, but, it definitely makes one wonder if history will repeat itself.

Sky Sports getting all heated up about Tiger taking some gum out of a wrapper on the practice green, and then throwing the paper away.....needs to stop raining soon!

Needs to win today. I think he needs to win at Augusta before any of that talk can reenter the lexicon.

Seriously? To be fair, despite a rocky start, just 6 months ago it was Rory and everybody else. Its a little early before we should say anybody will be lapping the field in my opinion. He has had a great start of the season, at courses he has owned for his entire career.

As big of a homer as I am, I have to agree. He's not back until he wins a major. Plus Rory is a strong contender whenever he tees it up. I don't see him being scared on a Sunday afternoon. I do think though that we are starting to see some players get that look again. But Tiger needs a major before I officially say he's back. Winning at Torrey, Doral, and possibly Bay Hill means little. He owns those courses

I think Tiger's performance this year has me thinking he's back and wouldn't be surprised if he contended at each major and won at least one!

As big of a homer as I am, I have to agree. He's not back until he wins a major. Plus Rory is a strong contender whenever he tees it up. I don't see him being scared on a Sunday afternoon. I do think though that we are starting to see some players get that look again. But Tiger needs a major before I officially say he's back. Winning at Torrey, Doral, and possibly Bay Hill means little. He owns those courses

I agree. I don't know if Tiger will ever be 'back' to the Tiger of pre-scandal...but regardless he is still one best players in the world. It's kind of funny..but it is like we only compare 'current Tiger' to 'previous Tiger'...but not to other golfers. If another golfer won 3 times in a year the media would be telling us how great they are...but for Tiger..it is just oh-hum unless he wins a major.

True, Tiger has won at courses he has dominated before...but doing it is still very difficult. If it was easy every pga pro would have favorite courses they played & won at all the time.

Anyone notice him littering his gum wrapper? Kind of rude...

I heard something about that... Maybe a mental hiccup, can't imagine him doing that intentionally. 3 shot lead on the home stretch definitely advantage tiger

New commercial with Tiger, Arnie, and Trevino:

Lol that was great!

He seems fairly effortless today, that spells trouble for the major fields this year!

Tiger's on fire lately. I wonder how many wins he gets the rest of the season.

Yep could be .. A bit if a nostalgic feeling seeing tiger dominate. Actually makes me feel younger lol. He's still got work cut out for majors though especially the masters. His percentage off the tee needs some improvement and if you want to win a major you need to hit fairways.

Tiger's on fire lately. I wonder how many wins he gets the rest of the season.

Agreed. He is winning the events he has owned. It will be interesting to see how it translates to the few he is playing this year that are a little different. Exciting way to start the year for him.

Agreed. He is winning the events he has owned. It will be interesting to see how it translates to the few he is playing this year that are a little different. Exciting way to start the year for him.

Yeah, plus he also has some familiar sites coming up yet like Congressional and Firestone. Could be a huge year.

Tough to have scripted it much better, 3 out of 5 is pretty darn impressive

very exciting. I want to see it in a major.

Yeah, plus he also has some familiar sites coming up yet like Congressional and Firestone. Could be a huge year.

Based on track record and the way he is playing, it certainly should be. Tourneys like Bay Hill and Doral, to me its bigger news if he doesnt win. Two courses he has absolutely owned in his career.

Based on track record and the way he is playing, it certainly should be. Tourneys like Bay Hill and Doral, to me its bigger news if he doesnt win. Two courses he has absolutely owned in his career.

Yeah. I can't wait to see how he plays at Augusta.

Honest question, what happens at Augusta if he wins? I know it will be news because it would be #15, but at this point wouldn't it feel like a huge letdown if he doesn't win The Masters?

All the people there for a Monday finish, crazy. Just think if Tiger went nuts and won the grand slam haha...great for the game.

Honest question, what happens at Augusta if he wins? I know it will be news because it would be #15, but at this point wouldn't it feel like a huge letdown if he doesn't win The Masters?
I don't think it would be a letdown if he didn't win and if he does I think it just brings him 1 more closer to Jack, which in itself is a huge story!

Tiger even stated in an interview that he builds his schedule around courses that he love to play at. Why wouldn't he, or anyone else do the same?

I think Augusta will be tough for him unless he does that final little adjustment he needs off the tee to keep the ball in the fairway. If he is finding all the fairways at Augusta, he'll be unbeatable IMO.

Back